• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only save about $8 if you get the Wave 5b at BB. It's tough getting to BB in the morning when working a 9-5.

$8 is $8, that almost pays for another amiibo at GCU prices.

I work 7-3 tho, so I can't even try to hit the stores that open at 8 or 9 and show up a little late. I pretty much have to take the day off to hit TRU, I think they open at 11.

Actually it would appear that Wario and Charizard are up too, and the Inkling Boy, Girl, and 3 pack are all available for preorder too.

Three Pack
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-am...-/A-17367672#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=amiibo

Should I start worrying, I got the pre-order, but it shows no recent orders have been made, and checking all orders gives me 'Invalid activity token', despite the card being charged? (I'm on Firefox if that's anything to ask)
The page on Target has the pre-order now button still available, unlike Ganondorf, Marth, and some others.

Also, I missed my opportunity to get Ganondorf, (;-;)....

*Panicking*

kirby_fox

Banned
In the wee hours of being half asleep, I mustered enough energy to put an order in.

Skipped on the Mario Bros one...I need to stick to Smash and then be done with it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Somehow, while teaching, managed to get Olimar, Ganondorf, 8-bit Mario, and Dr. Mario. Totally forgot ZSS.

Oh well. She's not on my must-have list.

LiK

The thread is too slow to be useful. You need Twitter and Line for notifications.

Actually, Twitter was almost 5 mins quicker than Line this time around. 5 minutes can mean a sold out Amiibo.

I used neither. just happened to check the thread and bam, preorder links.

I beat Wario and kobunheat. feels good man.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The thread is too slow to be useful. You need Twitter and Line for notifications.

Actually, Twitter was almost 5 mins quicker than Line this time around. 5 minutes can mean a sold out Amiibo.

I was in the shower around that time so I would've missed it regardless :/

I was in the shower around that time so I would've missed it regardless :/

tumblr_lpy3ovJBxu1qabfx1o1_500.gif

No break for amiibo hunters

Gameboy415

Gah, I was working on something for the last ~hour and missed out on most of em. :(
Still got Dr Mario & a Splatoon 3-Pack though! :)

Plus I'd rather get the non-exclusives at Best Buy with GCU anyway.

Are ZSS and Ganondorf Target exclusives? Will they be going up on Amazon? They were the only two I wanted in long time. Or is eBay route time since they're both sold out and didn't find out until now they were going up for pre-order today?

LiK

Are ZSS and Ganondorf Target exclusives? Will they be going up on Amazon? They were the only two I wanted in long time. Or is eBay route time since they're both sold out and didn't find out until now they were going up for pre-order today?

The only Target exclusive is Dr. Mario

And of course I had absolutely NO CLUE these would be posted at 7am otherwise I would have been up to order them, but I did get Dr. Mario and Rosalina(Figured I would get her) so at least got something but still want the others :(

I got Olimar and Gannondorf from Target!

I'm kicking myself now because I've decided I want Samus and Kirby. I saw them so many times back when I thought I'd only get one or two of these things, so I passed.

It's weird because I'm almost to the point where there will be no need for me to check Amiibo stock when I'm out shopping. From the smash line the only current ones I now want are Samus, Kirby and Villager, and once I get them why bother looking since I own what I want?

Olimar and Gannon will put us at 28 Amiibo.... I need to hang a third shelf.

How was the preorder at target on previous waves? Any orders cancelled or they were able to fulfill all of them?

Too many multiples have been canceled, as well as multiple orders to try to get around it. Not all of them like that but some. Other then that I don't think I remember Target having a problem fulfilling their orders.

One bad thing that I ran into last time they had stuff up was them shipping orders of 2 in a box too small that crushed the boxes though.

Dang it I missed it. I was only able to get Dr. Mario. Any word when Best Buy or Toys R Us are doing preorders?

Im still waiting for Walmart to put up their pre orders, would be great if they did it today..cant believe I missed Target, they should have given advance warning like amazon did I would have been up :( oh well, got Dr. Mario and Rosalina, but really want the rest of them

KingBroly

Banned
Keep in mind that TRU will put these up at 3am EST in the morning sometime over the next week. Probably not tonight or tomorrow, at least, since it's the weekend.

The Shovel Knight amiibo makes me think NCL and Square are gonna have a Dragon Quest amiibo when DQ11 comes out.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I slept through the alerts! If only I had imported everyone to avoid the hassle...oh wait, I did.

PE3eph3.gif

I did miss Classic Mario, but that won't be a hard one to get.

I guess the only silver lining here is that most people were up at 7AM so maybe I have a good chance of getting the rest of the amiibos I missed out on(Only got Dr. Mario and Rosalina) on release day at Target

I have good confidence after May 29 that things should be easy enough to get with due diligence on the 11th.

I slept through the alerts! If only I had imported everyone to avoid the hassle...oh wait, I did.

PE3eph3.gif

Amiibo easy mode, diggeh. Where's the fun? Shouldn't have been so quick to shy away from the challenge that is a complete NA NIB collection. Just missing stupid Villager. And I feel like I'm not missing much.

PE3eph3.gif

Yeah I didn't see you around this morning when TTH alerted for each charater and got ripped for it lol. Felt bad.

I have good confidence after May 29 that things should be easy enough to get with due diligence on the 11th.

Amiibo easy mode, diggeh. Where's the fun? Shouldn't have been so quick to shy away from the challenge that is a complete NA NIB collection. Just missing stupid Villager. And I feel like I'm not missing much.

I hope so..am glad that I got Dr. Mario that seems to be the one that everyone is able to get but the rest of them I really wanted but missed out on..hopefully Target will have them all available on release day so I can just stop by the store around the time they open and grab them

Just a heads up guys from Reddit, there is a Target.com coupon code floating around for $5 off, TGTGUSYC

YMMV, but Target has for me and many others retroactively added it to our amiibo orders if they are $50 or more, even if they were separate orders!

Insaniac

I won't mind any exclusives from Target in the future. Probably the easiest amiibo to get :p

Only managed to snag Dr. Mario, but I have sources for the others :D can't wait to put ganondorf next to the other Zelda amiibo finally

Awesome: Shovel Knight amiibo! Game was my GOTY that year so I'm pumped for him.

Not so awesome: Missing out on pre-orders at Target. Ah well, I'll be keeping an eye out for others going up and even if I miss out on those too, I'm confident I'll find them in store anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom