• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Modern Color 8-Bit Mario = Walmart (for the time being??)

We know right now, it's only via the Wii U bundle, but in Canada, it's listed as a separate product, so might just be only available at Walmart completely, similar to Gold Mario.

Velcro Fly

it comes with a soundtrack now so i guess that is why it's $25

seems fair i guess

i wish i could get an amiibo/physical game bundle though

Serious thanks for keeping the OT up to date!!!

I've been totally out of the loop since I was able to get the retro 3-pack secured a few weeks ago. Luckily, a friend sent me a Facebook message when the Target orders came up yesterday and I got all of 'em except Ganondorf (who I've already imported).

Stuff I didn't know, but now do thanks to OT:
  • Release dates for Mewtwo and Falco
  • Release dates for Mii Fighters
  • Release dates for Animal Crossing Line
  • Animal Crossing 3-pack is a thing
  • Blue Retro Mario possibly an exclusive to bundle (fuck that, if true)
  • MEGA YARN YOSHI!!!??? (is this really an amiibo?)

Retro 3-Pack was just up on GameStop, not sure if it's still there as I type this though?!

They also have (had?) Inkling Boy and Girl. Is the 3-Pack just straight up gone? I was hoping to get that as I actually want to use it for the missions, not to horde or resell. ):

Any word on restocks?

Capra

Aw man. Not really feeling what they did making Chibi Robo into a sidescroller and the game itself doesn't look all that great but... that Amiibo...

The thirst is real.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Awwww missed it too :( Soon then! Thry were the first to put up the Animal Crossing 3DS bundle so Amazon etc. should hopefully have it up soon.

Any word if Shovel Knight is a Best Buy exclusive? I asked a Mario Maker rep at PAC yesterday if modern pixel Mario was a Walmart exclusive and he didn't know. (Yeah we nore well informed than info NoA gives to their own employees...) Mario Maker is fun btw and the Amiibo apparently adds some neat content to the game.

Capra

So after the reveal of Shovel Knight and with the prospect of other 3rd-party Amiibos on the way, what are you guys' wildest 3rd-party-representative Amiibo dreams?

For me it's:
- Wonder Red for Platinum
- Jack Frost for Atlus
- DQ Slime for Square Enix
- Professor Layton for Level-5

And of course
- Pachinko Machine for Konami
HIT THE LEVER

Drago

So after the reveal of Shovel Knight and with the prospect of other 3rd-party Amiibos on the way, what are you guys' wildest 3rd-party-representative Amiibo dreams?

For me it's:
- Jack Frost for Atlus

And of course
HIT THE LEVER
I want a Rayman amiibo. I don't care how much of a plastic stand monstrosity it would be. :p

KingBroly

Banned
If there isn't a Slime amiibo when DQ11 releases in Japan, Nintendo has failed amiibo. It HAS to happen.

- Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth amiibo
- Rathalos amiibo (Or a MH line of them)

I want a Rayman amiibo. I don't care how much of a plastic stand monstrosity it would be. :p

B2kByCYCQAALVcK.png

Velcro Fly

If there isn't a Slime amiibo when DQ11 releases in Japan, Nintendo has failed amiibo. It HAS to happen.

- Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth amiibo
- Rathalos amiibo (Or a MH line of them)

I'd import the Slime amiibo even if it has no function with any game in NA

Draxal

Huh I'm surprised. I thought it was mainly a Playstation title now, except for the portable ones that usually have non-licensed mechs in it.

Honestly, the only reason I knew that is because I had the newest copy of Nintendo Dream and it was the back cover ad.

Anyway since Namco/Bandai are cool with Nintendo I do want to see one Gundam chibi amiibo or an LBX one.

kunonabi

For me it's:
- Jack Frost for Atlus

And of course
HIT THE LEVER

Simon Belmont - Konami
Goemon - Konami
Bomberman - Hudson by way of Konami
Professor Layton - Level 5
DQ/FF character - Square Enix
Angelique or Ryu Hayabusa - Tecmo Koei
Terry Bogard - SNK
Jack Frost - Atlus
Scissorman - Human

I'd be perfectly happy with just Simon to be honest.

Josh5890

Simon Belmont - Konami
Goemon - Konami
Bomberman - Hudson by way of Konami
Professor Layton - Level 5
DQ/FF character - Square Enix
Angelique or Ryu Hayabusa - Tecmo Koei
Terry Bogard - SNK
Jack Frost - Atlus
Scissorman - Human

I'd be perfectly happy with just Simon to be honest.

The only chance of Simon being an amiibo is if he winds up in Smash. Konami doesn't seem to have any plans for Castlevaina.

Josh5890

The hope is that konami just licenses out their ips like crazy to make easy money without doing any work.

Agreed. If they want to leave the market that made them successful a long time ago, at least sell off the goods to companies that will use them. Contra, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Suikoden, ect. They want to restart Metal Gear without Kojima
not holding my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom