• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept through the alerts! If only I had imported everyone to avoid the hassle...oh wait, I did.

PE3eph3.gif

I did miss Classic Mario, but that won't be a hard one to get.
*chuckles and high fives Diggeh* Me too. :p

No regrets either. Specially these yarn yoshis. Holy fuck are they adorable. All three of them "looking" at me right now. Care Bears don't have shit on their stare.

Da Fish

Neo Member
I had a court appearance this morning so I missed all the preorder for the next wave on target's site :/ except for Dr. Mario so not all hope is lost.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUGGGHHHHHHH, did I sleep through the pre-order window?! Would've made things so much easier compared to waiting at Target right after finishing my job considering I work 3rd shift.

.......though not like I have the money right now to pre-order considering payday is NEXT week & not this week like I thought....

Edit: Hey, when does Target charge you? When they ship? Maybe I'll pre-order Splatoon 3-Pack & then Dr. Mario to be safe.

Aquila

Dr. Mario is still available so at least I got him. Missed the chance on the others. Losing Marth and WFT yet again is annoying.

UUUGGGHHHHHHH, did I sleep through the pre-order window?! Would've made things so much easier compared to waiting at Target right after finishing my job considering I work 3rd shift.

.......though not like I have the money right now to pre-order considering payday is NEXT week & not this week like I thought....

Edit: Hey, when does Target charge you? When they ship? Maybe I'll pre-order Splatoon 3-Pack & then Dr. Mario to be safe.

Only when ship

ChrisD

So how long did we know that EVERYTHING was going up today? I'm not that removed from the amiibo talk (or so I thought!), how did I not know a single thing about any of these? :\

Nighteater

Neo Member
So how long did we know that EVERYTHING was going up today? I'm not that removed from the amiibo talk (or so I thought!), how did I not know a single thing about any of these? :
Because target. Only got Dr. Mario. Not too worried, I'm pretty confident I can grab the rest at launch, or from amazon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only when ship
Ah, okay, I figured. My friend wants a Splatoon 3-pack as well (which I find a bit odd considering he doesn't have a Wii U & only mainly wants the Zelda amiibo, which I'm gonna get him Ganondorf as a late b-day present/way to thank him for helping me get my job), but if I get two Splatoon packs, I'm gonna have to see if I can order a second one & he can pay me back.

From what I understand, I can still pre-order via Target app or something? I'd probably be able to make it to Target before opening since I'd finish my shift an hour or two before they open.

Boogiepop

9-25 alongside HHD and the Retro 3-pack.
Cool, thanks. I figured as much but I realized I don't think I ever saw a confirmation. Here's hoping they're reasonably stocked. I've been thinking I want to grab a few packs with the game, and it's the kind of thing where I may not be opposed to grabbing a few more down the line (not crazy enough to want them all, though), so hopefully they're not hit by the "get them the morning they come out by lining up early or you'll miss them" variety.

Also hoping Toys R Us has reasonable Bowser Jr preorders (plus I still need to secure Olimar and Zero Suit Samus, and I suppose Pixel Mario, though I doubt he'll end up anything but common), would love to be able to avoid having to go out and deal with lines and crap.

Got Shovel Knight from amazon.uk for 15 bucks shipped(With Free shipping) had a credit from them before and I did an online chat with them and asked them to waive the shipping charges which they did..is Shovel Knight coming to America cause if it isnt then I lucked out

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
£12.49
Postage & Packing:
£0.00
Total Before VAT:
£12.49
VAT:
£0.00
Total:
£12.49
Gift Card Amount:
-£2.26
Grand Total:
£10.23
how much does that end up being in US currency?

KingBroly

Banned
Cool, thanks. I figured as much but I realized I don't think I ever saw a confirmation. Here's hoping they're reasonably stocked. I've been thinking I want to grab a few packs with the game, and it's the kind of thing where I may not be opposed to grabbing a few more down the line (not crazy enough to want them all, though), so hopefully they're not hit by the "get them the morning they come out by lining up early or you'll miss them" variety.

Also hoping Toys R Us has reasonable Bowser Jr preorders (plus I still need to secure Olimar and Zero Suit Samus, and I suppose Pixel Mario, though I doubt he'll end up anything but common), would love to be able to avoid having to go out and deal with lines and crap.

Well, if Dr. Mario and the Retro 3-pack are any indication, they're making A TON of exclusive amiibo this time around. Heck, Dr. Mario is still available.

Piscus

Got Shovel Knight from amazon.uk for 15 bucks shipped(With Free shipping) had a credit from them before and I did an online chat with them and asked them to waive the shipping charges which they did..is Shovel Knight coming to America cause if it isnt then I lucked out

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
£12.49
Postage & Packing:
£0.00
Total Before VAT:
£12.49
VAT:
£0.00
Total:
£12.49
Gift Card Amount:
-£2.26
Grand Total:
£10.23
how much does that end up being in US currency?

How did you convince them to waive shipping?

How did you convince them to waive shipping?

Simple..I did an online chat with them, explained how I have amazon prime and have NO idea how come I was charged for shipping..he then explains how its international shipping so I say "Can you please waive the shipping cost I Really dont want to cancel the order" and he says "OK a ONE time exception I will waive the fee"

nikos

At Nintnedo World in NYC and they just restocked Splatoon 3-packs. It would be at a time when I shouldn't be spending money on amiibo. Ugh.

Only need the squid.

All I want is Ganondorf. I hope I can find one.
Considering how common everyone from the Zelda series is (with Sheik's uncommonness at release being an exception), I think he'll be the most common of this wave so you should be fine.

Kind of bummed I missed my boy Olimar today though.

G0523

Missed the Target preorder release but I'm not worried. All I need is Olimar and Bowser Jr. from this wave. And maybe Classic Mario if the mood strikes me. I'll be fine.

Considering how common everyone from the Zelda series is (with Sheik's uncommonness at release being an exception), I think he'll be the most common of this wave so you should be fine.

Kind of bummed I missed my boy Olimar today though.
Yeah I've been able to find all the other Zelda characters just fine. Seeing the rest of the wave it would make sense for Ganondorf to be one of the common ones.

Tomita

There's still TRU...at 3am on some random day

At this point, I expect Square and Nintendo to collaborate on a Poo amiibo. It'll sell out, like every other amiibo.

Well, he is a popular Earthbound character... but I guess you didn't mean that kind of Poo :B

willizle02

Neo Member
Man, I'm hoping amazon Japan gets Mewtwo, Falco, and the Animal Crossing amiibo's soon so I can preorder them...

I just want famicon rob to come out already, I haven't slept in like 2 months because I've just been waiting for him to come up. I am NOT missing out on my main...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I can't help but wonder if Shovel Knight will work on Super Mario Maker.

Also yeeeessss beating a stage with Wario plays the Wario Land stage clear jingle, despite him wearing his WarioWare outfit.

LineGAF thanks you.

None working now, far as I can tell. Once again, I just BARELY miss ZSS. (Was about to finish checkout when it was removed.)

Ive never ordered amiibos from newegg before so this is basically my backup plan. If Walmart posts them I will cancel newegg(Because the shipping charges are RIDICULOUS at least as far as Im concerned) I just hope if I do end up getting them from newegg that ONTRAC wont deliver them like they delivered my ps4 hard drive(By throwing it against the door to my house LOL was so pissed!)

Barely missed ZSS too. Ah well. I'll just wait until Amazon puts up their allotment so I can get free shipping.

Still bummed about not getting a notification for Target this morning though... Red Card savings + shipping. At least I got Dr. Mario.

Thoraxes

Just got a Dr. from Target's site. Was still up.

I really only need both Marios now though. Already got all of this wave from Germany. Wanted extras from here to actually take out, heh.

KingBroly

Banned
Just so people don't panic or panic over the next couple of weeks:

Target will have online pre-orders the day they come out, usually after retail stores open on the West Coast

Walmart and Toys R Us will most likely have pre-orders open up in the next week at 3am EST on some random day

Amazon will do their 'Day of Amiibo' thing again like they did with Wave 4 and Palutena because it's worked for them.

Again, just speculation based on their prior activity. In addition, Dr. Mario numbers for online were pegged at 50k with in-store being 100k BEFORE restocks. Considering they're still up for pre-order means they're gonna have a bunch come Mario Maker Day.

Just so people don't panic or panic over the next couple of weeks:

Target will have online pre-orders the day they come out, usually after retail stores open on the West Coast

Walmart and Toys R Us will most likely have pre-orders open up in the next week at 3am EST on some random day

Amazon will do their 'Day of Amiibo' thing again like they did with Wave 4 and Palutena because it's worked for them.

Again, just speculation based on their prior activity. In addition, Dr. Mario numbers for online were pegged at 50k with in-store being 100k BEFORE restocks. Considering they're still up for pre-order means they're gonna have a bunch come Mario Maker Day.

I just want to be able to pre order them before newegg even considers shipping out mine(I pre ordered from them a few hrs ago, paid the ridiculous 7 dollar shipping charge) if walmart, best buy, target, TRU pop up before then I will gladly cancel newegg since Ive been hearing that newegg isnt particularly reliable as far as shipping out amiibos

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I sure hope I can just order them online. Considering I work 3rd shift, I get home around 6 or 7 a.m. & sleep until 3-ish, hence why I missed out on the Target pre-orders, which bums me out. & I don't know if I want to head straight to Target after work to wait over an hour before they open, considering I'd like to get some sleep.

Kind of wish GameStop did pre-orders for the other amiibos so I could get points for Powerup Rewards, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom