• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Especially for characters like Ness, Captain Falcon, the Kid Icarus crew, Fire Emblem characters, etc. There's some toys out there for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Star Fox but everyone else is basically left in the dust.

This is the only time we'll ever see merchandise in the US for Palutena, Lucina, Mr. Game & Watch, all of those kinds of characters will get an Amiibo and never anything else.

Don't forget Splatoon

Look at how much merch love Splatoon is getting in Japan. What does the rest of the world have?

Jack. Shit.

Josh5890

So it won't be impossible to get then, hopefully. Although the supply has seemed to have gotten a teeny bit better as of late with Ninty's figs.

That is a tricky call though. We are talking about a character from an indie IP that has appeared in only one digital game. At least all of the Smash amiibo characters have appeared in multiple (most of them in well known franchises) games. This could go either way. These guys aren't as big as Nintendo so they need to make sure they sell through their product more so.

Josh5890

For those who are going to collect the cards, how many packages are you getting at launch? I want to get at least 10 packs but I don't want to look like a horder if a store is only getting 20 or so.

I uh..don't know if this was known or not, but if you preorder Happy Home Designer at Gamestop, you get a neat little poster too.

ACHappyHomeDesign_Poster_bonusLG.jpg

I just went through and printed my receipts for all the stuff i've been buying and realized I had accidentally preordered amiibo festival from TRU and Walmart. Surprisingly, Walmart's sales tax was higher than TRU's....so that's neat...saved a few cents.

Which I can live off of thanks to all the stuff coming out. Like srsly Nintendo pls. Im really only getting these games so early because of amiibo stuff. Im not the only one..r-right?
Has Chibi Robo gone up anywhere? I think he was available on Gamestop or BB but it was sold out or something like that when I checked last. I just need him, and a secure Jr and Modern 8 bit. Although I have a backup if those go wonky.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, it's looking like Gamestop is getting in the Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus ones on Friday the 11th, and it appears that the Inkling Boy and Girl ones are hitting Target that day as well. Is this accurate? I ask because the Inkling ones are also on Gamestop's site, but they show as "available now", and I'm confused.

EDIT: Gamestop is also showing Olimar as available on that same date, too...

I can't seem to keep up with all they Amiibos and bundles and everything so forgive me if I'm way late, but have Yoshi Woolly World Amiibo Bundles pre-orders gone up yet? Specifically at Best Buy?

bumpkin

Anyone see the new announcements?Standard New 3DS is finally coming to the U.S.A.!

nintendo-new-3ds-animal-crossing.jpg
I love it, but my concern still lies with the form factor. The original 3DS was too small and made my hands cramp like mad. I know the N3DS is a little larger, but without being able to find out if that's enough before I buy? It's an expensive gamble.

JavyOO7

So, it's looking like Gamestop is getting in the Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus ones on Friday the 11th, and it appears that the Inkling Boy and Girl ones are hitting Target that day as well. Is this accurate? I ask because the Inkling ones are also on Gamestop's site, but they show as "available now", and I'm confused.

EDIT: Gamestop is also showing Olimar as available on that same date, too...

Ganondorf, Captain Olimar, ZSS, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr, Classic Mario and Modern Mario all come out next Friday. Ink Boy and Girl have been out a while. Nintendo has been doing a little restocking with those amiibo.

Draxal

I love it, but my concern still lies with the form factor. The original 3DS was too small and made my hands cramp like mad. I know the N3DS is a little larger, but without being able to find out if that's enough before I buy? It's an expensive gamble.

If you have big western hands like me it's still an issue, but not as bad as original 3ds.

JavyOO7

I can't seem to keep up with all they Amiibos and bundles and everything so forgive me if I'm way late, but have Yoshi Woolly World Amiibo Bundles pre-orders gone up yet? Specifically at Best Buy?

TRU had them a while ago and sold out of pre orders. BB hasn't done anything yet if I recall. The Yoshi Woolly World bundle is the only way to get the cute green Yoshi. Blue and pink are separate.

Speaking of Yarn Yoshi's, I got my Wii Fit Trainer x2 (one for a buddy) and the three Yarn Yoshi's. Super adorable they are. I ordered them from amiami over three weeks ago but used the slowest shipping that has no tracking (SAL unregistered). Next time, if i do order them from amiami I'll just use ems shipping like I already do with Tenso...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anybody have any idea what is going on with exclusivity of Yoshi's Woolly World bundle? I've been waiting for Best Buy to put it up but it doesn't look like it's happening.

dankir

Finally got my Falcon yesterday! Regular price from best buy too! Only 7 more figures to go!
And I'll have them all and be done with these stupid toys!

Draxal

I just got my Lucina figma, she's completely amazing.

I'm kinda grumpy that I have no chance at the Pit and Dark Pit figma as well.

JavyOO7

Anybody have any idea what is going on with exclusivity of Yoshi's Woolly World bundle? I've been waiting for Best Buy to put it up but it doesn't look like it's happening.

TRU did pre orders a while back and sold out. To my knowledge, BB hasn't done pre orders yet for the bundle. Green Yoshi you can only get with the game bundled. Blue and pink you can get them separate.

KingBroly

Banned
TRU did pre orders a while back and sold out. To my knowledge, BB hasn't done pre orders yet for the bundle. Green Yoshi you can only get with the game bundled. Blue and pink you can get them separate.

Well, just an FYI/PSA about this.

It was revealed by sources that there's a separate Green Yoshi SKU at Target. They're pulling a Mario Party 10 with this.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea if the New 3DS bundle comes with an exclusive card? I'm getting that AND the NFC bundle.... Hope they are different cards.

Maengun1

I'm seeing Inkling Boys and Girls everywhere.....and I just want a 3-pack :cry:

I just keep waiting and waiting and waiting for that sweet, sweet 3-pack restock, when what's actually going to happen is the Inklings sell out and never return again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom