• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

It looks like the modern Mario 30th anniversary amiibo is still available for preorder at Amazon Japan. The price comes out to around $11 USD with free shipping. The only catch is you then will have to pay for whatever your forwarding service charges for shipping to your door.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/amiibo-マリオ【モダンカラー】-SUPER-MARIO-30thシリーズ/dp/B014278KPS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1441247091&sr=8-5&keywords=amiibos

But hey, still cheaper than a console bundle at Walmart!

KingBroly

Banned
It's more just a matter of how many locations these allotments are being divided across. Toys R Us has less than 900 stores in the US, and that's including standalone Babies R Us and TRU Express locations, neither of which sell amiibo (at least last I checked as as far as TRU Express goes). Meanwhile Target has near 2,000 stores and GameStop has something like 4,000, so there's a lot less to go around per-store. Best Buy is roughly equivalent to TRU, but obviously they're a much smaller toy retailer. Plus, TRU is going in-store-only for at Bowser Jr. at the very least, so that's more to go around per-store.

I heard Target didn't want to increase stock for amiibo while other places did, so I'm guessing other places will have better allotments. My local Target's amiibo section is EMBARRASSING, yet every time more come out, they always sell out in minutes because of Target's asinine '2 per character per customer' bullshit.

Drago

B3hnlBf.png

The cute Robot is coming soon in Japan!

(thanks to r/amiibo for image)
Nice! Glad we finally have dates for them.

Hope Famicom ROB won't be too hard to snag off of Amazon JP... their Wave 5B, Chibi Robo and Mii preorders lasted a really long time (relatively - they were up for many hours and even days for some of them), though I think there's gonna be far more demand for ROB. We'll see!

Apparently Mewtwo is out Oct 29 in Japan too. If I can get both FamiROB and Mewtwo in the same order, that would be awesome.

D-Stubbs

Ugh I hate going to my TRU. Looks like Bowser Jr. is well stocked though so I guess it's ok.

Made a non-Amiibo purchase today and bought a Sam Flynn Infinity 3.0 figure. Really want to get Quorra too, both Tron figures look pretty rad.

Surprised at the apparent rarity of Classic Mario and Ganondorf (especially Ganondorf, considering the rest of the Zelda amiibo). Pleasantly surprised that the two I really want from this wave, Bowser Jr. and Olimar, apparently have larger stocks.

Ugh I hate going to my TRU. Looks like Bowser Jr. is well stocked though so I guess it's ok.

Made a non-Amiibo purchase today and bought a Sam Flynn Infinity 3.0 figure. Really want to get Quorra too, both Tron figures look pretty rad.

my love of star wars is almost making me buy all the star was figures even though i dont want the game lol

Surprised at the apparent rarity of Classic Mario and Ganondorf (especially Ganondorf, considering the rest of the Zelda amiibo). Pleasantly surprised that the two I really want from this wave, Bowser Jr. and Olimar, apparently have larger stocks.

sheiks original stock makes Ganondorfs look amazing most stores got 0-4 sheik at launch and look what happened after that.

G0523

my love of star wars is almost making me buy all the star was figures even though i dont want the game lol

I know what you mean. Some of the Marvel figures we got in at work today were looking really good...No! I've already spent too money on amiibo. Going into Disney Infinity would make this much worse!

JavyOO7

Nice! Glad we finally have dates for them.

Hope Famicom ROB won't be too hard to snag off of Amazon JP... their Wave 5B, Chibi Robo and Mii preorders lasted a really long time (relatively - they were up for many hours and even days for some of them), though I think there's gonna be far more demand for ROB. We'll see!

Apparently Mewtwo is out Oct 29 in Japan too. If I can get both FamiROB and Mewtwo in the same order, that would be awesome.

Yeah, mewtwo is out in out 29. I hope Falco comes out on 29th too so I can ship him, Mewtwo, Famicom Rob and Chibi Robo home.

Drago

Yeah, mewtwo is out in out 29. I hope Falco comes out on 29th too so I can ship him, Mewtwo, Famicom Rob and Chibi Robo home.

The site still has him listed as 2015 with no specific date so he's probably not coming out on the 29th. He'll likely come out alongside SFZ like he is in the rest of the world - I don't think the game has a date yet in Japan.

Josh5890

Well my battle plans are set (almost). I'm going to Target in the morning to grab everyone minus the other exclusives, then I will head into work 20 minutes late. Girlfriend is going to TRU to grab Bowser Jr.

Now I just need confirmation on what Walmart is getting with the Modern 8 bit Mario. Bundles only or no?

Well my battle plans are set (almost). I'm going to Target in the morning to grab everyone minus the other exclusives, then I will head into work 20 minutes late. Girlfriend is going to TRU to grab Bowser Jr.

Now I just need confirmation on what Walmart is getting with the Modern 8 bit Mario. Bundles only or no?

According to the official amiibo page of 8-bit modern mario, Wii U System bundle exclusive to Walmart. (Edit: At launch, it'll have a stand alone release later)

Sucks that the initial minimum price to get this amiibo in NA will be over $300

Then again, there's nothing stopping you from selling the Wii U and copy of Super Mario Maker, but it'll be easier to import this amiibo.

Josh5890

According to the official amiibo page of 8-bit modern mario, Wii U System bundle exclusive to Walmart. (Edit: At launch, it'll have a stand alone release later)

Sucks that the initial minimum price to get this amiibo in NA will be over $300

Then again, there's nothing stopping you from selling the Wii U and copy of Super Mario Maker, but it'll be easier to import this amiibo.

Well heck if it is coming seperately later I can wait lol.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

Will Toys R Us have all the other ones that day except for Dr. Mario?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Well as long as it's available later, I have no problem with it. I shall wait, just like I did with the Mario Party bundle since I didn't want the game. Besides, this month is already jam-packed with Amiibo pickups (and other games etc that come out) as it is.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So where do you guys usually import from? I really want Famicom ROB

IF you can catch it in time, Amiami is the best importing site there is, but their Amiibo stock is often very limit/A LOT of people buy it off there.

Amazon.jp is good too, but you need a forwarding service. I use Big in Japan and it's very reliable :)

Piscus

Can't wait for the release of these. I only need the 8-bit Mario, but for the sake of my US set, I may just rebuy them all anyways! All the people I met and played games with were all super nice, and I had fun.

I'm cool with this, especially after my local TRU had about 85 or so Bowser Jr. and were limiting to 1 per customer.

You mean Greninja?

Mewtwo and R.O.B. releasing the same day in Japan, yessssssss

I was going to eat the EMS shipping for my boy R.O.B. but Mewtwo just sweetens the deal for me.

You are not!

Haha, nice!
I'm gonna display two either side of the Club Nintendo Ball unit, should look pretty cool.

I think I would have if they would have made him in a single pack. Putting him in the 3 pack I think was a good idea on one front (the ability to get 3 relatively popular characters that may have easily sold out, especially G&W) but the diehards that probably would have gotten multiple G&Ws likely wont be buying 4 three packs for that many to display.

Wait, it's only available in the 3 pack in the US?
You guys have it kind of rough, what with all of the store exclusives, pixel Mario and now this.
I'm in the UK where the bundle units are all sold separately so it should be easy for me to pick up multiples, crappy how it's not that way for all.

MrBigBoy

Was able to find an online store with the Super Mario Maker amiibo bundle still available :)

I'll also post a list of the amiibo I have now this evening.

I think it's absolutely fucking insane that Amiibo that unlock actual game content are not more plentiful. Smash Bros figs I can kind of understand because many of them are one-offs and just unlock skins in other games but things like the Splatoon figures, which are required to unlock the additional game challenges, are simply unavailable. That is infuriating.

I think it's absolutely fucking insane that Amiibo that unlock actual game content are not more plentiful. Smash Bros figs I can kind of understand because many of them are one-offs and just unlock skins in other games but things like the Splatoon figures, which are required to unlock the additional game challenges, are simply unavailable. That is infuriating.

Smash Bros yeah. Like, what other use are you going to have for a Megaman amiibo?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I honestly think Nintendo was blindsided by how popular Splatoon became.

I honestly think Nintendo was blindsided by how popular Splatoon became.

Yeah, they didn't expect their low-key summer release of a new IP to do like Big Holiday Game numbers and they didn't produce enough Amiibo to cover the sales + collectors.

The Splatoon 3-pack is getting a lot of reprints though, and I imagine they know it's going to be a huge holiday seller so they'll want a TON of them out there. They know how big the demand is now, they just have to catch up to it.

goldenpp72

So I'm setting up a final game plan, figured i'd ask about a few more. Is classic pixel mario launching everywhere on the 11th? Is Chibi Robo currently available at any normal store, and is there any way to order the Yarn Yoshi's yet? I plan to buy the game so I guess I have to get the green bundle one if possible.

I'm so close to not even going next friday tbh

I might just get Olimar and wait until the 3 pack and Falco x mewtwo and quit

Also attempting to trade my back ups and amiibos I don't want for games , the dream is dead ;)

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm so close to not even going next friday tbh

I might just get Olimar and wait until the 3 pack and Falco x mewtwo and quit

Also attempting to trade my back ups and amiibos I don't want for games , the dream is dead ;)

But it's almost over for Smash! It's right on the cusp of finishing, only a few left.

And then we can start on the alts getting their own...

Jeremy

Did anyone who ordered during that Target restock last week get theirs in? Mine were all pretty beat up, is this normal? Should I even care?

Josh5890

But it's almost over for Smash! It's right on the cusp of finishing, only a few left.

And then we can start on the alts getting their own...

Na, I'm getting the characters and that is it. My plan is to open all of my Smash amiibos after I complete the original roster. Then the training can begin.

I do wonder what Nintendo's plans are for amiibos in 2016 since there aren't many Wii-U games on the horizon minus Zelda and that probably won't be here for a while. I hope they take a break but I know they see the $$$.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I've been doing pretty good at buying only the ones I wanted at retail prices... but I feel like I'm going to end up importing a Chibi-Robo because NOA is still fucking around. The game is out in about a month, c'mon!

I'll probably pick up a Classic Mario if I see one when I'm picking up Super Mario Maker on the 11th, if not, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom