• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Keep in mind that Japanese versions of the last wave appeared on Amazon US for around $20 - $23 with free shipping, so if you don't care about versions that might be a better option. Even third party sales of NA versions were $25-$30.

bumpkin

Anyone have a place to suggest where I could get a kirby for my son?
You could hit up someone who lives in NYC, the World Store always seems to have the ones no other retailers do.

It's weird, I never expected Kirby to become rare or discontinued. I was just checking Best Buy and Target's websites and he's nowhere to be found. There's still some Amazon, though they're all from third party sellers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N4ABV10/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1441205666&sr=8-1&keywords=kirby+amiibo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I seriously hope that TRU will do online orders for Bowser Jr. later in the day or the day after similar to Dark Pit who we thought at first would be instore only as well. I don't have a TRU anywhere close to me.

I seriously hope that TRU will do online orders for Bowser Jr. later in the day or the day after similar to Dark Pit who we thought at first would be instore only as well. I don't have a TRU anywhere close to me.

But did Greninja go up for sale on TRU after TRU claimed in store only?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Ew. I missed out on getting out on everything when it went up on Target. I'm trying to save time and be thrifty. Amiibos all cost more at TRU, but I didn't have anything else to add to the online order when it was JUST Dr. Mario because no free shipping on it killed it...

I do have someone coming with me on the 11th so I guess one of us will be at one lineup, one will be at the other. The stores are in the same shopping center so it works out well. That'll work out if Target doesn't re-post the rest of the wave back online.

Well, now all we need now is confirmation on the Modern Pixel Mario at Walmart. At least here there's 24 hour ones around to go to at midnight.

prateeko

Can someone clarify a couple things for NA.
1) Is the modern color of Super Mario Amiibo (Mario Modern Color Amiibo from Mario Maker series) going to come out later or is it actually limited to the Wal-Mart Wii U bundle
2) Has the Chibi-Robo gone up for pre-order anywhere?

The_Kid

Can someone clarify a couple things for NA.
1) Is the modern color of Super Mario Amiibo (Mario Modern Color Amiibo from Mario Maker series) going to come out later or is it actually limited to the Wal-Mart Wii U bundle
2) Has the Chibi-Robo gone up for pre-order anywhere?

1. "At Launch." It is like the Mario Party 10 figure most likely and will be available widespread later.

2. Not really? Nebraska Furniture Mart I believe?

prateeko

1. "At Launch." It is like the Mario Party 10 figure most likely and will be available widespread later.

2. Not really? Nebraska Furniture Mart I believe?

Oh thank god I haven't missed out on stuff. I was out of the loop and managed to get in on the Target preorders last week but didn't recall hearing about the otherstuff and wanted to make sure.

MFVCAtQ.png

oSNbtjD.png

OHnolSV.png

We don't know how available it will be, so don't say otherwise.

But did Greninja go up for sale on TRU after TRU claimed in store only?

They never said Greninja would be in-store only but he did not go up for sale after the initial sellout.

The_Kid

Oh thank god I haven't missed out on stuff. I was out of the loop and managed to get in on the Target preorders last week but didn't recall hearing about the otherstuff and wanted to make sure.

The Chibi Robo one is weird because most of Amiibo Reddit is wondering when and if it'll go up anywhere. Your best bet is to import.

Target is the only major retailer that put up preorders, with others probably not doing it at all.

Anyone here pre order the amiibos at newegg when they were available? I did and still have no clue if they will actually ship or not..they upgraded my shipping to 3 business days and will reimburse me with free shipping IF it ships but dont know what to think at this point

goldenpp72

So I want to have Mario Maker on the day it comes out, but I have not seen any sort of Amiibo bundle release for it. Has there been one or will there be one? It's funny how hard Nintendo makes it to pre-order their actual games at this point.

prateeko

So I want to have Mario Maker on the day it comes out, but I have not seen any sort of Amiibo bundle release for it. Has there been one or will there be one? It's funny how hard Nintendo makes it to pre-order their actual games at this point.

It doesn't look like it at this point. The only thing I've seen is the Wal-Mart bundle with a system and the modern color Mario Maker Amiibo

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm really surprised at those stock numbers on reddit. I really thought Ganondorf would be more common.

I'm okay with Bowser Jr. being in store only since I've had the best luck with TRU but I can see how some of you guys wanted online pre-orders. Hopefully no one has too much trouble. He's my second most wanted out of this wave after Olimar.

G0523

Damn! Toys R Us is getting good numbers for all of the amiibo! I wanted to grab Olimar and Classic Mario at Target but I might try Toys R Us instead.

Did anyone's Target orders from last Friday get cancelled?

I just checked my Paypal account and the order amount shows as "Authorization - Cancelled" and has a line through the amount. I've never seen that before.

On Target.com, it does still say "order created", so hopefully it's just Paypal telling me that it was a pre-authorization and that was cancelled and that the amount will again be charged when they ship.

NOTE: I did use my Paypal Debit Mastercard and didn't pay directly from my Paypal account. Maybe that has something to do with it too?

I'm really surprised at the low numbers for the 8-bit Mario. I thought that that one would be plentiful. I've got one on order with Amazon.de as insurance but it will take forever to get here and be more expensive.

Boogiepop

Man, I really wish Best Buy or Walmart or someone would put up preorders. Since Target worked out for Doc and Ganondorf, I'd really like to secure the other 3 non-exclusives so that, worst comes to worst, I could just import Jr.

Did anyone's Target orders from last Friday get cancelled?
Paid with my bank card (Huntington) and they've so far only charged for one, the Marth I got. I'd possible inquire with Target to see if it's cancelled or not.

I'm really surprised at the low numbers for the 8-bit Mario. I thought that that one would be plentiful. I've got one on order with Amazon.de as insurance but it will take forever to get here and be more expensive.

This. Like...I'm honestly shocked that there's (possibly) such a low amount for a "Mario" figure...especially one like 8 bit which presumably is going to be for a popular game. Unless maybe no one bought Mario Party? Lol

Really though, the numbers are kind of low all around except for Doc and TRU. I'm assuming that either TRU has some sort of secret deal going on for all the stock or they're the only ones with enough foresight to order a bunch. 20+ per store is a nice amount. 4-8 of something is absolute haram.

Good thing I imported half this wave from a rad amiibro overseas.

I can't be the only one considering buying four Mr. Game & Watch's just so I can display all of the different poses, am I...?
I think I would have if they would have made him in a single pack. Putting him in the 3 pack I think was a good idea on one front (the ability to get 3 relatively popular characters that may have easily sold out, especially G&W) but the diehards that probably would have gotten multiple G&Ws likely wont be buying 4 three packs for that many to display.

I really like the look of 3 packs, and I'll say it again; slapping any 3 figures into them could work really well for Nintendo; Skylanders does the same thing and tends to put common figures in with ones that are popular and sell out, so you have another option and maybe pick up a character you maybe wouldn't have picked up normally. Do that with the common Smash guys or MP ones and you'll see a lot less of them on the shelves.

Really though, the numbers are kind of low all around except for Doc and TRU. I'm assuming that either TRU has some sort of secret deal going on for all the stock or they're the only ones with enough foresight to order a bunch. 20+ per store is a nice amount. 4-8 of something is absolute haram.

It's more just a matter of how many locations these allotments are being divided across. Toys R Us has less than 900 stores in the US, and that's including standalone Babies R Us and TRU Express locations, neither of which sell amiibo (at least last I checked as as far as TRU Express goes). Meanwhile Target has near 2,000 stores and GameStop has something like 4,000, so there's a lot less to go around per-store. Best Buy is roughly equivalent to TRU, but obviously they're a much smaller toy retailer. Plus, TRU is going in-store-only for at Bowser Jr. at the very least, so that's more to go around per-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom