• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Did anyone who ordered during that Target restock last week get theirs in? Mine were all pretty beat up, is this normal? Should I even care?

I've gotten Jigglypuff so far. Waiting on Rosalina and Luma.

Jigglypuff was perfect condition, but it didn't really matter to me given I was going to open it anyhow.

kirby_fox

Banned
This isn't real right.

I've speculated we might see alts like the koopalings and female Robin get their own amiibo but there's nothing that says it's officially happening.

Nintendo has asked in surveys about interest in alt colored figures however, so there's speculation we might see that too.

well i sold all my SMB series amiibo except toad just felt weird having 2 of each of those characters though i will be getting 8 bit mario as that does something different in mario maker than regular mario, i also decided im only going to get one of the yarn yoshi's and then get mega yarn yoshi.

Christopher

Mario series: Mario Luigi Yoshi Bowser Peach Rosalina
Zelda series: Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Shiek
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Jigglypuff
Fire Emblems: Ike, Marth
Kirby series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDea
Other: Samus, Ness, Little Mac, PacMan, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Pitt, Villager

All for sale very reasonable they gotta go ASAP

InkoMint

Neo Member
Mario series: Mario Luigi Yoshi Bowser Peach Rosalina
Zelda series: Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Shiek
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Jigglypuff
Fire Emblems: Ike, Marth
Kirby series: Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDea
Other: Samus, Ness, Little Mac, PacMan, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Pitt, Villager

All for sale very reasonable they gotta go ASAP

I've messaged you; interested in some!

Did anyone who ordered during that Target restock last week get theirs in? Mine were all pretty beat up, is this normal? Should I even care?
Got my Silver Mario and Rosalina in one package and my Jigglypuff in another. Both were packed with generous a mourns of cushioning stuff and arrived perfect.

Still waiting on Dr Mario and the Splatoon pack but everything's been good so far.

LiK

I just opened ALL my amiibos. Shit, the amount of cardboard and plastic trash is insane, lol.

Also, got plenty of dupes I need to sell. Will probably try and make a list when I have time. I will sell most at cost but I need to sell them as sets to get rid of the commons. Sorry.

Velcro Fly

Of the few extras I have, the only one I really don't care about is Diddy. Lucina and Mega Man I'm fine with keeping one sealed since they are two of my favorites.

Thinking about taking 9/25 off work. Will likely get AC HHD delivered to my place mid day. Could go pick up the retro 3 pack preorder from GS and try to score some card packs. Work has been boning me hard lately and I have plenty of PTO for this school year.

Josh5890

Of the few extras I have, the only one I really don't care about is Diddy. Lucina and Mega Man I'm fine with keeping one sealed since they are two of my favorites.

Thinking about taking 9/25 off work. Will likely get AC HHD delivered to my place mid day. Could go pick up the retro 3 pack preorder from GS and try to score some card packs. Work has been boning me hard lately and I have plenty of PTO for this school year.

I just plan on coming into work a few minutes late that day. November 20th is my PTO day.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got worried tonight... Saw that TRU was having a lineup for something at midnight tonight and had to remind myself that it was NEXT week. Guess it was stuff for Star Wars (glad I'm not into that fandom... >_> Too much to worry about as is!)

I got worried tonight... Saw that TRU was having a lineup for something at midnight tonight and had to remind myself that it was NEXT week. Guess it was stuff for Star Wars (glad I'm not into that fandom... >_> Too much to worry about as is!)
Just wait for the Disney Infinity/Amiibo hybrid figures. X-Wing pilot suit Fox and Jedi Knight Link will pull you in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Newegg had the Woolly World bundle for sale this morning.

Still waiting on Best Buy for that discount.

Chances any other retailer will be selling ZSS/Ganondorf before their releases next week? Or are they all gone? About to pull trigger on eBay and be done with this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope, Ganondorf & co. are out next week. Still bummed I couldn't get Dr. Mario & the rest pre-ordered online on Target. Considering I get done with work around 5:30 or 6 a.m., I don't want to wait about 2 hours in line for Target to open considering I want to go straight home & get some sleep.

MrBigBoy

Nope, Ganondorf & co. are out next week. Still bummed I couldn't get Dr. Mario & the rest pre-ordered online on Target. Considering I get done with work around 5:30 or 6 a.m., I don't want to wait about 2 hours in line for Target to open considering I want to go straight home & get some sleep.
Ugh... All these different release dates...

One question: I have never seen a Rosalina amiibo in my area. Was it ever widely available in EU?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should've been. Rosalina was only an exclusive here in the US at Target.

I guess the only other place to watch for online amiibo pre-orders is Walmart. I wanna get 2 Ganondorfs (one for my friend as a b-day present), ZSS, both 8-bit Marios, Dr. Mario (hence why I wanted to pre-order at Target), Bowser Jr., & the retro 3-pack (already pre-ordered).

Maybe I'll get lucky with GameStop, but considering I'd be going in around 4 p.m. to pick up Super Mario Maker, I feel like most of them will be gone....

Blues1990

Fun Fact: Activision tried to get Peach, Kirby, & Fox for Skylanders. Would've been interesting to see those three get amiibo for that game....though considering how Bowser & DK are bundle only, I don't know if I wanted to see how you would've had to get the others.

Bummer about Fox McCloud not getting the chance to be added to the game, as he & his arwing fit like a glove with the game's mechanics. Same goes with Kirby & his warp star.

As for Peach, I can understand her being off limits. But what about Daisy? Given that she's rarely in any of the mainline Mario games, I think it's fair for her to be good pickings, especially if they adapted her design from Mario Strikers (along with the other sport-themed Mario games) and let her go all out with using the Mega Strike, all the wile being her saucy/cute self.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fox would've been great considering the Landmaster, but I guess it makes sense with Nintendo wanting to promote Star Fox Zero & the fact they might make some amiibo for that (especially with Falco coming out the same day).

Makes sense they went with Bowser & DK since those 2 are probably the most popular with the general public outside of Peach.

kirby_fox

Banned
Bummer about Fox McCloud not getting the chance to be added to the game, as he & his arwing fit like a glove with the game's mechanics. Same goes with Kirby & his warp star.

As for Peach, I can understand her being off limits. But what about Daisy? Given that she's rarely in any of the mainline Mario games, I think it's fair for her to be good pickings, especially if they adapted her design from Mario Strikers (along with the other sport-themed Mario games) and let her go all out with using the Mega Strike, all the wile being her saucy/cute self.

I think they have no faith in a Daisy amiibo. From that thread asking about one, I think I understand why.

Adding Daisy as a cross-promo character would be like if they made a deal to add someone from Star Wars and picked the fat guy who's x-wing explodes.

Blues1990

I think they have no faith in a Daisy amiibo. From that thread asking about one, I think I understand why.
You could also say the same for any of the lesser know characters in the Smash Bros. Amiibo line. Aside from old geezers and the hardcore, does anyone really care about the likes of R.O.B. or Pac-Man? Mr. Game & Watch isn't what I call a household name.

Adding Daisy as a cross-promo character would be like if they made a deal to add someone from Star Wars and picked the fat guy who's x-wing explodes.

I feel it's more like everyone leaving the Anna-related merchandise in the cold, while all the Elsa-related stuff sells like hotcakes. Or how about a Mabel Disney Infinity figurine, while her twin brother isn't even considered.

lol this is pretty good :D

ca1cM8C.jpg

MrBigBoy

List of my amiibo (all except one are from the Smash collection):

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Kirby
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Fox
Samus
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Marth
Little Mac
Pit
Captain Falcon
Olimar

Green Yarn Yoshi

Now hunting for Zero Suit Samus, Shulk, Sheik and Dr. Mario.

I got an email this morning saying that my Dr. Mario amiibo has shipped from Target!
I clicked on the "Track Package" link and it was delivered
halfway across the country on 4/5/2014

Wut?

ZSS, Olimar, and Classic Mario are shipping later, apparently.

Richie

Hey amiigos! Here in Mexico Zero Suit Samus is a Best Buy exclusive. What's surprising is that she's been up online yesterday...and continues to be so. This is with hundreds of people (in an amiibo-focused Facebook group I frequent) claiming to have gotten confirmation notes from Best Buy. It's been a real pleasant surprise, we're making jokes like "Best Potter and the Infinite Stock", it would seem that things are MUCH better with supply and demand this time around. Here, at least, I want to know if things have gotten any better for you guys in the US?

kirby_fox

Banned
Hey amiigos! Here in Mexico Zero Suit Samus is a Best Buy exclusive. What's surprising is that she's been up online yesterday...and continues to be so. This is with hundreds of people (in an amiibo-focused Facebook group I frequent) claiming to have gotten confirmation notes from Best Buy. It's been a real pleasant surprise, we're making jokes like "Best Potter and the Infinite Stock", it would seem that things are MUCH better with supply and demand this time around. Here, at least, I want to know if things have gotten any better for you guys in the US?

I mean, compared to what it was...yeah, it's a lot better.

Looks like other countries getting random exclusives...only a bit of time before UK joins. RIP importing.

MrBigBoy

Yeah, here in Belgium all shelves are full with Zero Suit Samus amiibo. Also many Dr. Mario.

I'm not complaining :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom