• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dr. Mario shipped as well but I can't track it yet. I've been super lax on this wave for some reason. I'll try to snag another couple of wave 5 at Target but I'm sort of satisfied with where I am.

For now.

Got confirmation email from Target my Doc and Olimar are on their way already. That's pretty neat. I got Marth in about 3-4 days if I'm not mistaken so my body continues to be ready.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Swung by my Meijer this morning, they had more Pac-Man, ONE Inkling Girl, and Sonic was on sale for $10.99.

I wish I could find the Splatoon 3-pack instead of just Inkling Boy or Girl....

My Dr. Mario shipped as well but I can't track it yet. I've been super lax on this wave for some reason. I'll try to snag another couple of wave 5 at Target but I'm sort of satisfied with where I am.

For now.

My Dr Mario(the only amiibo I could get from Target) says estimated delivery September 15th through the 18th

Christopher

I posted about a whole bunch of amiibos I was selling he other day if anyone wants to trade for DISNEY infinity figures I'll do that too

Drago

How did they do that one? I missed it.

A day or two before release, Amazon sent out emails with the exact time and date that she would be going up. No preorders. They did this for Wave 4 as well, though they didn't have exact times, just a half hour range of when they would be going up.

Velcro Fly

If they do that with the amiibo cards hopefully we aren't limited to one pack. I'd rather they limit us to at least 5 if not 10 packs.

the mari maker wii u bundle reminds me when activision pulled this bull shit with skylanders fans.

DSC_1103.jpg

Still waiting on my Target order to ship (dr mario and splatoon 3pack) but it sounds like a lot of people are getting their shipment info now at least. Hopefully Target's good about getting things to people on release day, that's always nice to see.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What're the chances Target could have more amiibo up online? I mainly want to order from them instead of waiting in line for 2 hours for Target to open & get Dr. Mario along with the others I want. Might have to resort from ordering from TRU's site to get Bowser Jr. & others despite the annoying $1 tax.

Edit: Aw crap, I forgot, Bowser Jr. is suppose to be in-store only, which is annoying because I don't have a TRU anywhere close to me.

What're the chances Target could have more amiibo up online? I mainly want to order from them instead of waiting in line for 2 hours for Target to open & get Dr. Mario along with the others I want. Might have to resort from ordering from TRU's site to get Bowser Jr. & others despite the annoying $1 tax.

The only reason I put up with TRU's $1 tax is because they have just been the easiest way to get amiibo on launch days. Best line control and stock in my area on every launch I've been to.

KingBroly

Banned

Edit: Aw crap, I forgot, Bowser Jr. is suppose to be in-store only, which is annoying because I don't have a TRU anywhere close to me.

Target ALWAYS puts more stock online after stores on the west coast have opened on release day. They did it with Rosalina and Wave 4. The track record is there.

For TRU, I have no idea.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Target ALWAYS puts more stock online after stores on the west coast have opened on release day. They did it with Rosalina and Wave 4. The track record is there.

For TRU, I have no idea.
I sure hope so. Thing is, I work 3rd shift, so I wouldn't get done until 5:30 a.m. ish, & then I'd be sleeping from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., so I fear I'll miss when they go back online.

Guess I'll have to see if I can ask a friend to keep track in case they become available while I'm sleeping.

You're in Michigan, right? I have no idea if I'll be able to go out on Friday but if I can, I could try and help you out with a Bowser Jr. if you need.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You're in Michigan, right? I have no idea if I'll be able to go out on Friday but if I can, I could try and help you out with a Bowser Jr. if you need.
Yes, right in the center of MI. I already asked another friend to help me out, but that'd still be great in case my friend is unable to get one &/or someone else here doesn't have a TRU close to them.

Isotope

The only amiibo I need to get on Friday is the Retro Colored Mario 30th Anniversary one. I'm going to attempt to get two; I have a feeling I may not even never able to get one. :^( The Retro Colored one hasn't been changed to retailer exclusive, right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope, just the Modern Color is exclusive to that Super Mario Maker Wii U Bundle at Walmart. It MIGHT be available separately (at least in Canada), but it'd still be Walmart exclusive.

Classic color version is available everywhere that sells amiibo.

prateeko

Nope, just the Modern Color is exclusive to that Super Mario Maker Wii U Bundle at Walmart. It MIGHT be available separately (at least in Canada), but it'd still be Walmart exclusive.

Classic color version is available everywhere that sells amiibo.

Where was the confirmation that modern color Mario is only in the bundle? My impression in NA/USA is that it's similar to Mario party bundle

Draxal

Where was the confirmation that modern color Mario is only in the bundle? My impression in NA/USA is that it's similar to Mario party bundle

Exclusive so far, we're assuming that it will be similar to the Mario party bundle, but there's no confirmation yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it might be similar to the Mario Party bundle, but we don't know if Modern Color will stay Walmart exclusive (we know Canada will get it outside of the bundle) or just a timed exclusive similar to Mario Party 10.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, it might be similar to the Mario Party bundle, but we don't know if Modern Color will stay Walmart exclusive (we know Canada will get it outside of the bundle) or just a timed exclusive similar to Mario Party 10.

Well...we know the Green Yarn Yoshi is like that, since Target has an individual SKU for it.

Ibuki

Banned
Might not be able to hunt on Friday since I'll be working. Really want to grab a SMM amiibo though! Will try to hit some shops before and after work to get the ones I don't have.

I'll definetly try, but I have class till noon that day, so I don't think my chances are all that great.

I went to pick up my Greninja pre-order at around 2:00 pm on that day. They still had a few on the shelves at that time. It's definitely worth checking out, at least!

Nighteater

Neo Member
Some, like myself would rather be surprised by the unlockables in game as we unlock them. Spoiler tag would greatly be appreciated. I did my best to avoid looking at the image as I was reading the latest posts on mobile :p

Really hoping that amazon posts the times this week when their amiibos will be available for order. I pre ordered mine from Newegg but the way that it sounds, the chances of me getting them are slim to none so I need a backup plan

Not Mario, it's actually one of the enemies

Foreman Spike
Somefag.jpg

Waluigi gets some of his design concepts from him. He pretty much fell off the face of the planet in the mid 90s and never came back, except through a few references in Waluigi (Waluigi's use of eggplants and heavy machinery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom