• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

What time is everyone going? I'm going to leave at 5:30 and see what happens. At least with the heat, it won't be a cold morning like the last 2 times I went.

It was a ghost town when I went to pre order the 3 pack last month on my Gamestop, and I got there at 800am and it opened at 1000am. Hoping for the same result tomorrow. Just wanna get ZSS for my buddy just in case she cannot get it in Amazon tomorrow.

Persona7

Banned
I legit hate the level of OCD some NIB collectors have. I'm trying to sell off my collection to have some actual money and not just a bunch of figures , and this guy wants to return my Robin and Lucina because he says that he can see a small scratch on the outside plastic of the box. He words it like I packaged it poorly. The picture he uploaded gave no indication of a scratch. I even asked two other people, no one could see it.

If it was just this guy I wouldnt be too frustrated, but just the level of dickishness some of these people have is astounding. I see posts on the amiibo reddit every other day about someone's paranoia about amiibo boxes or the shipping or even just the sheer joy they get from sending ebay sellers rude messages for "scalping". It just seems like such an annoying an toxic community sometimes.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. I've had my fill of amiibos for a lifetime.

I got a few amiibos that looked fine in pictures but the cardboard was bent and had a bunch of deep marks. I didn't really care because I open them but the ebay auction said "collectors bid in confidence" or something like that. You can always just open them and sell them loose to avoid anything like that and get people who just want the amiibo to use. Collectors are really annoying in my experience and honestly not really worth dealing with.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It was a ghost town when I went to pre order the 3 pack last month on my Gamestop, and I got there at 800am and it opened at 1000am. Hoping for the same result tomorrow. Just wanna get ZSS for my buddy just in case she cannot get it in Amazon tomorrow.

The 3-pack, being more niche, I don't think would have as big results as stuff from this line, I feel. Lots of Metroid and Zelda fans.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I got a few amiibos that looked fine in pictures but the cardboard was bent and had a bunch of deep marks. I didn't really care because I open them but the ebay auction said "collectors bid in confidence" or something like that. You can always just open them and sell them loose to avoid anything like that and get people who just want the amiibo to use. Collectors are really in my experience and honestly not really worth dealing with.

It depends, because I had an eBayer who basically lied about the condition of a game I purchased, because according to him it was "like new" but didn't even know what the definition of that WAS. Those type of sellers can be annoying, because the quality of the item is how they deem it is, and some people are A LOT looser about how good something is. Disc had a bunch of scratches in it, and I messaged the guy and he got all pissy about how people like me were "ruining eBay" and how it was in awesome condition "cause it plays". Arrogance like that isn't tolerated, and eBay can go both ways. It wasn't a nitpick for me when he got all defensive about it and I needed eBay to get involved with the transaction -_- It was mainly out of principle and he wouldn't take "no" for an answer (or a refund...)

Persona7

Banned
It depends, because I had an eBayer who basically lied about the condition of a game I purchased, because according to him it was "like new" but didn't even know what the definition of that WAS. Those type of sellers can be annoying, because the quality of the item is how they deem it is, and some people are A LOT looser about how good something is. Disc had a bunch of scratches in it, and I messaged the guy and he got all pissy about how people like me were "ruining eBay" and how it was in awesome condition "cause it plays". Arrogance like that isn't tolerated, and eBay can go both ways. It wasn't a nitpick for me when he got all defensive about it and I needed eBay to get involved with the transaction -_- It was mainly out of principle and he wouldn't take "no" for an answer (or a refund...)

Oh yeah, definitely.

Right as I get the tweet for the restock on Gamestop's Shulk amiibo online, it goes out of stock right before I hit confirm order, fml.

I wish I can support Xenoblade more, but the Gamestop exclusivity is really pissing me off right now.

I did that, and it emptied my shopping cart and said: One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability. Why must the amiibos of cult classic JRPGs of their respective systems be exclusive to Gamestop? (Reprint/restock of Shulk around Xenoblade X's release please?)

Apparently gamestop restocked the splatoon amiibos again today? Glad to see Nintendo is still making them.

They did, I saw some Inkling Boy and Girls, along with 2 of the 3 packs.

JavyOO7

The site removes it from your cart when you try to checkout.

I did that, and it emptied my shopping cart and said: One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability. Why must the amiibos of cult classic JRPGs of their respective systems be exclusive to Gamestop? (Reprint/restock of Shulk around Xenoblade X's release please?)

They did, I saw some Inkling Boy and Girls, along with 2 of the 3 packs.

If you guys don't mind importing and getting a Japanese box, amazon japan has Shulk for about $15.

Today in my far away corner of the world, I found a store full of amiibos, but I dont know if they are worth the price they are asking , I know that since they are importing them from the US they are bound to be more expensive than there , but anyway.

They had the Splatoon 3pack for 42$, gold mario for 18$, Wii Fit trainer for 18$, villager for 25$, Peach for 18$, yoshi for 18$, pacman for 18$ , Megaman for 20$, Sonic for 20$ , Link for 15$ , Falcon for 25$ , Rosalina for 30$, Kirby 18$ and tons of Mario for 18$ .

Soo, which ones are closer to a fair price ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apparently gamestop restocked the splatoon amiibos again today? Glad to see Nintendo is still making them.
Yeah, around 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT. My store already sold them, but I was able to order online & will get them next week. Been wanting to get back into the game, & this should finally do it.

I guess what I'm gonna do is swing my Meijer right around midnigt since I can go to work right afterwards, check to see if Target is doing orders online when I get home around 6 a.m. (doubt it), then go in to GameStop to see if they have any when I pick up Super Mario Maker, & then swing by Target to see if they have Dr. Mario so I don't have to order online & pay for shipping.

JavyOO7

I see him for ~$20

I see this

747ba315d5.png

And 1770 yen is about $15 USD if you are using American currency

prateeko

Why the hell are the number so low for tomorrow? After dark pit and Paula Tina I started to get some hope. Clearly that was my mistake

Why the hell are the number so low for tomorrow? After dark pit and Paula Tina I started to get some hope. Clearly that was my mistake

Because you can't compare exclusives to non-exclusives. With exclusives (particularly more recent ones) you have a single retailer with a supply of 150,000 units, whereas with non-exclusives those numbers are split across a half dozen major retailers and dozens of smaller ones, so of course each store is going to get a lot less.

Welp, I just did my first import, hopefully this will be the only time since he's the only amiibo I want that's retailer exclusive in NA:

Whoever was the one that made Shulk exclusive to Gamestop, you're an evil person

Yeah these stock numbers are awful

I'll just go to gamestop at 9 am and see what they have and then go to toys r us after for bowser jr

Dr Mario has like infinite supply lol

kirby_fox

Banned

I'm guessing either A) the numbers are wrong and the stock they are getting is much higher B) they couldn't produce enough because they were also producing the restock of previous waves C) they're holding back numbers for a restock come November just in time for holiday season to ramp up.

Especially with the Mario anniversary ones.

Yeah these stock numbers are awful

I'll just go to gamestop at 9 am and see what they have and then go to toys r us after for bowser jr

Dr Mario has like infinite supply lol
You may want to call your GameStop to see if they are doing a midnight launch. Some are doing it tonight, so might be OOS in the morning.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You may want to call your GameStop to see if they are doing a midnight launch. Some are doing it tonight, so might be OOS in the morning.

I checked mine and my local ones are only doing early mornings. I haven't heard of any midnight Amiibo releases at GS before, either.

I'm planning on getting to Target 2 hours early tomorrow. Last time I got there like a half hour early and there were only 10 or so people in line and the amiibos were limited to two different amiibo per customer, so I reckon there's a decent chance of me getting Ganondorf and Mario. I hate this addiction but it sure is fun.

I'm thinking about hitting up Walmart tonight to try and get an 8-bit Mario Amiibo before the Mario Maker rush tomorrow (already pre-ordered the game at Best Buy and am sticking with it because I want the pins). Does Walmart sometimes stock new Amiibos at midnight or is that an item they consistently launch during the day?

I'm thinking about hitting up Walmart tonight to try and get an 8-bit Mario Amiibo before the Mario Maker rush tomorrow (already pre-ordered the game at Best Buy and am sticking with it because I want the pins). Does Walmart sometimes stock new Amiibos at midnight or is that an item they consistently launch during the day?

The dude at my local Walmart told me they will more than likely get the shipment in tomorrow, as late as 11 AM. I have yet to find launch amiibo at midnight at a Walmart.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yooooooo, got all 4 easily at my Meijer! AND each one was 10% off, so came down to $50!!! Saved $5.20 & now just need another Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, & Bowser Jr.!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I'm going to try my GameStop for the ones they have and just buy bowser jr at scalper prices. Tru is like literally the worst to get amiibo from where I am.

Can't wait to get off the amiibo train and be done with this.

Nintendo has jaded the shit out of me with this toy hunting bullshit.

The dude at my local Walmart told me they will more than likely get the shipment in tomorrow, as late as 11 AM. I have yet to find launch amiibo at midnight at a Walmart.

Thanks, guess I'll try to get to Best Buy even earlier then. :/

Edit: Thank goodness an awesome friend of mine got me an extra Dr. Mario pre-order from Target.com (both confirmed shipped, yay!)

Ibuki

Banned
I thought I missed Classic Mario on Target.com. It was out of stock for a few minutes, while Ganon wasn't. Almost lost it because I was trying to order both for free shipping. It went back up and I was able to get both. Only need Olimar now. Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom