• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganondorf sold out again before the Line alert even got posted. Sigh... At least I got the 8-bit Mario from Walmart. One less to worry about in the morning, which is good since he was tied for lowest stock in my area (... along with Ganondorf).

Maengun1

I'm so friggin' happy! Saw the reddit post about the Gamestop Splatoon 3-pack restock, and decided to check in-store before doing an online order.

Not only did they have exactly one 3-pack available, the box had gotten crumpled on delivery so I got a nice discount on it! This is the one I've been wanting all summer! So glad I never bit on the solo inkling restocks.

Now for tomorrow morning...

Maengun1

Sweet! Classic Mario is now also mine. In-Store pickup to avoid shipping fees is sweet.

Would it be too much to ask for them to put the rest up, and then I can actually sleep in tomorrow :D

Sweet! Classic Mario is now also mine. In-Store pickup to avoid shipping fees is sweet.

Would it be too much to ask for them to put the rest up, and then I can actually sleep in tomorrow :D

I know seriously I just need Pikmin and Zero Suit, and I find it really odd that they are only posting ONE amiibo

shanafan

TY Wal-Mart for ZSS.

I ordered Pit and Gold Mario from them before, and got it no problems. However, I am doing store pickup and I think I should be good as well.

Rizific

zss and olimar get, thank you. will gamestop also have the retro 3 pack in tomorrow for those that pre ordered? i guess ill hit up tru in hopes for dorf and bowser jr.

Walmart's rock solid. They ship well and I can't think of any time they've cancelled orders outside of duplicates, and even then that's only sometimes.

Good to know, thanks! I've done in store pick up in the past, but nothing that's hot and hard to find. Hopefully Target comes through on my Ganondorf and then all I have to worry about is Bowser Jr.

Piscus

zss and olimar get, thank you. will gamestop also have the retro 3 pack in tomorrow for those that pre ordered? i guess ill hit up tru in hopes for dorf and bowser jr.
Retro three pack comes out at the end of the month. Like September 25th, i think.

Got them both(Olimar and Zeus) but they charge ridiculous amount for shipping. When I got wave 4 from them I got free shipping for each amiibo so I am keeping the order but if something better comes around(Like Amazon tomorrow) then I can always cancel walmart, or I can contact them to do something about the charge

Chucker

Talked to my local GS today after they tipped me off to Inking Boy/Girl and 3 Pack being available.

He said they're getting 8 ZSS, Olimar, a good amount of Retro Mario, but only 3 Ganondorf and he said he thinks one is reserved?

He questioned it and cancelled it since he said there aren't supposed to be any pre-orders.

Good guy, gamestop.

Still, Ganondorf looks to be our unicorn this go around. My TRU showed me their stock of Bowser on Tuesday and it was over 50.

Apparently Burbank Target has them in stock? The app and site says so anyway. Are these on sale now? I live super close can I drive over there and get one, or are they releasing tomorrow? I thought they were tomorrow...

Apparently Burbank Target has them in stock? The app and site says so anyway. Are these on sale now? I live super close can I drive over there and get one, or are they releasing tomorrow? I thought they were tomorrow...

You guys in Burbank are super lucky, saw today that TRU in Burbank is gonna have over 200 Bowser Jrs..you guys always get all the good amiibos, meanwhile Im on the Westside and have to rely on the TRU on La Cienaga/18th street where who knows if they will have enough when I go there tomorrow

Murugo

Haven't had issues with Wal-Mart in the past, ordered a Robin and Lucina before with no trouble.

All that remains is Bowser Jr. Shame he's in-store only.

You guys in Burbank are super lucky, saw today that TRU in Burbank is gonna have over 200 Bowser Jrs..you guys always get all the good amiibos, meanwhile Im on the Westside and have to rely on the TRU on La Cienaga/18th street where who knows if they will have enough when I go there tomorrow
Holy shit. Guess I'll go to TRU tomorrow and get Bowser Jr then.

But are there on sale in stores now? Retro Mario, Olimar, etc? They're showing in stock at the store but I don't wanna drive over if they're not actually on sale until tomorrow

Holy shit. Guess I'll go to TRU tomorrow and get Bowser Jr then.

But are there on sale in stores now? Retro Mario, Olimar, etc? They're showing in stock at the store but I don't wanna drive over if they're not actually on sale until tomorrow

http://imgur.com/7SzMXxA
My apologizes, you guys are actually getting 208 Bowser Jrs..you poor souls LOL..yeah I think its not for tonight its for tomorrow morning..damn if only Burbank wasn't so far and I had a car, heck even if I had a car I wouldnt do it..have to call the TRU near me tomorrow and see if they still have them available..I called earlier but the woman was well, sorta nasty, at that location, eh not the best in the world but its decent

Kenai

Thx for the Walmart link, got Olimar. Since I found Inkling Girl at GS and got the retro pack for Duck Hunt Dog that finishes up every Amiibo I want, barring Fire Emblem limited editions or w/e.

GL out there tomorrow GAF, stay safe.

My apologizes, you guys are actually getting 208 Bowser Jrs..you poor souls LOL..yeah I think its not for tonight its for tomorrow morning..damn if only Burbank wasn't so far and I had a car, heck even if I had a car I wouldnt do it..have to call the TRU near me tomorrow and see if they still have them available..I called earlier but the woman was well, sorta nasty, at that location, eh not the best in the world but its decent

Is there a limit per person? If I do wind up going over there any they have any left I could try to get you one?

Also is TRU getting Retro Mario? I'm wondering if I can get the three I want (Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Retro Mario) all at the same place instead of trying to order online and hit multiple stores when I really don't have the money to be buying these in the first place -___-

Is there a limit per person? If I do wind up going over there any they have any left I could try to get you one?

Also is TRU getting Retro Mario? I'm wondering if I can get the three I want (Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Retro Mario) all at the same place instead of trying to order online and hit multiple stores when I really don't have the money to be buying these in the first place -___-

Toys R Us lately has been limiting one per person.

Your asking the wrong person, no clue..for wave 4 when I called TRU to get a Greninja they told me over 50 people were standing outside so I knew not to bother..I would call the store tomorrow morning or whatever your original plan was, Olimar is right now available on walmart.com but the shipping is well, ridiculous

Unless I'm crazy, Ganondorf has never gone up at all. I've been watching the pages for over an hour. ZSS, Retro Mario and Olimar have all been available for over 30 minutes now and I never saw Ganon's page even flicker.

I'm refreshing it like crazy so I can avoid waking up early to fight a mob for him.

zulux21

Thx for the Walmart link, got Olimar. Since I found Inkling Girl at GS and got the retro pack for Duck Hunt Dog that finishes up every Amiibo I want, barring Fire Emblem limited editions or w/e.

GL out there tomorrow GAF, stay safe.

I'm mostly set until they announce like a 30 person megaten x fire emblem set, then I will just cry. I just need to trade for an ike and dark pit at some point.

Skrams

Unless I'm crazy, Ganondorf has never gone up at all. I've been watching the pages for over an hour. ZSS, Retro Mario and Olimar have all been available for over 30 minutes now and I never saw Ganon's page even flicker.

Yeah, pretty sure he hasn't gone up yet. I'm mostly going off r/amiibo, but I've not seen anything about him.

I really need him to go up too since he'll push me over free shipping. I'd rather do this than drive out to a best buy at 6 am at this point.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I just think it's nuts how a ZELDA CHARACTER is this wave's rare :/ Just.... wut?

Your asking the wrong person, no clue..for wave 4 when I called TRU to get a Greninja they told me over 50 people were standing outside so I knew not to bother..I would call the store tomorrow morning or whatever your original plan was, Olimar is right now available on walmart.com but the shipping is well, ridiculous

Just have it shipped to the store for free.

Still, Ganondorf looks to be our unicorn this go around.

I just think it's nuts how a ZELDA CHARACTER is this wave's rare :/ Just.... wut?

At launch he's a rare, but he's gonna be like Sheik long-term. Very few at first, then several small restocks, and then a relatively steady supply. They probably gave him (and Sheik before him) low priority at launch so they can focus on characters like ZSS and Olimar, for whom this will probably be it for quite a long while.

Defect

Alright so I can only get 4 out of the 5 at target. I'm definitely getting Dr Mario so what is most likely going to be commonish?

Toys R Us lately has been limiting one per person.

Damn! ):

Yeah, I would just buy Retro Mario and Olimar from them but that shipping is insane. I'm not gonna pay $5 for shipping when I can drive like less than a couple miles to get them at Target or TRU.

Tempted to do Store Pickup but the closest WalMart is 7 miles away and at that point I might as well just pay for shipping.

_woLf

It really seems like this wave is going to be easier to get...makes me want to avoid getting up uber early tomorrow to go get in line somewhere...

Amazon should be a safe bet I feel

Just have it shipped to the store for free.

Damn! ):

Yeah, I would just buy Retro Mario and Olimar from them but that shipping is insane. I'm not gonna pay $5 for shipping when I can drive like less than a couple miles to get them at Target or TRU.

Tempted to do Store Pickup but the closest WalMart is 7 miles away and at that point I might as well just pay for shipping.

For me the closest Walmart is the one in South Central(On Crenshaw) so yeah, no thanks LOL..not familiar with the area, too far, and I dont have a car..so I cant do in store pick up..I didnt just seriously spend 19 bucks per amiibo did I LOL..will contact walmart.com tomorrow since I really dont get why they charged for shipping when for wave 4 I got free shipping for each one

Rizific

Whoa, where'd you get that pic? Curious about my tru. Stock is looking good, I just might have a chance.

@pic: Holy fuck, my closest store (Mesa) is getting 160? Goddamn. That's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom