• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

wondering if i should keep my TRU preorder for Woolly World or go with GS. TRU has free shipping but their packaging can be pretty shit. GS packaging has been great. i have a month to think about it

bluehat9

Cool, hopefully I'll be home to get an olimar and mario from amazon since I'll probably have to work til 6. And GS finally putting up chibi robo and yoshi bundles has made this a pretty good day.

Now to just find the other colored mario somewhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pre-ordered both amiibo bundles of Chibi-Robo & Woolly World for store pick-up at GameStop.

I guess I'll wait until Friday to see if any of the Wave 5 characters or 8-bit Mario goes up on Target since I can't find another amiibo I want or need with Dr. Mario & I don't feel like spending $5 on shipping.

Rizific

Dr. Mario is Target exclusive, Bowser Jr. is Toys "R" Us exclusive, and the Modern Color Mario 30th Anniversary amiibo is Walmart exclusive with the Mario Maker Wii U Console Bundle (And POSSIBLY will be released separately later as Walmart exclusive still). Everyone else is fair game and aren't store exclusive. I personally found GameStop being the most helpful for me when I didn't preorder an amiibo I want (This was only once though, so not close to a large enough sample size).

awsome, thank you. looks like ill be hitting up TRU again. they did pretty good last wave stock wise besides robin and lucina.

Ganondorf is the only Amiibo I wanted this wave that I failed to pre-order, and since my internet is not that good/consistent, hitting up Amazon might not be a viable option. Look like, I'll be hitting up some place like Target this friday.

I have Chibi Robo bundle pre ordered through Costco.com, the thing is that when I was making the order, I made a mistake with the billing(I used my Mom's Costco account) same last name, same billing address, but the first name is different on the credit card. I already have a pending authorization on the card, do you think I should be OK(Already contacted Costco about it and they put it on file in case of a problem) just not sure if I should also pre order from gamestop or trust Costco in shipping it to me

Josh5890

I hope they do something similar with amiibo cards :(

I'm still waiting for Nintendo to announce the binder for the US.

The cards is tough because I want to buy 10 packs but I don't want to whored a store if the are only getting like 15 or something. I hope Nintendo keeps refilling these.

Gamestop still had amiibo retro bundles available so I went ahead and ordered those. I guess they're not going to be that hard to find, which is good.

Also I'm getting Little Mac and Captain Falcon tonight from craigslist. Hope I don't get murdered.

Gamestop still had amiibo retro bundles available so I went ahead and ordered those. I guess they're not going to be that hard to find, which is good.

Also I'm getting Little Mac and Captain Falcon tonight from craigslist. Hope I don't get murdered.

Always meet in a coffee shop or mall NEVER met someone on a street corner, if they dont want to meet in a neutral spot dont do it..stay safe

Drago

Haha, how did I know you would be getting this. So happy for you Drago!
Thanks Max! :D

Still can't believe we're getting an amiibo of him. I've wanted the little guy in toy form for the longest time and I'm beyond ecstatic that I'm finally getting my wish.

and yes, I'm excited for the game too :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That xenoblade special edition (gone now)

Oh was that up at the same time? Would've got it as a pick up in store if I saw it, but I guess I'll stick with Amazon... I just don't trust their packaging, but it should be a big enough package to not have it get smooshed easily.

The dude didn't kill me so tonight was a pretty big success. Gonna wait in line at Target Friday morning for ZSS I suppose.

6YKY4Da.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what time I should go to Target on Friday... Last time I went at 5:30 which was great because I was only 10th in line >_> Just wanted Jiggly and S Mario, though. The 2 hour wait with TRU is gunna suck though, after that... Oh well, 3DS/Vita combo.

I want to go to Target since it's the cheapest way for me and I don't want to have to completely rely on Amazon not selling out before I get a chance, but man... Fuck lining up that early. :\ I know odds are I won't get there anywhere near early enough to get them all, and that's assuming they don't do a 2 character limit ago. Plus, my store handled wave 4 terribly after handling wave 3 beautifully, so I have no idea what to even expect. I'll probably go, but I really, really don't want to.

Ugh, I just can't wait for the Smash series to be over. I'm so burnt out over this. At least this is the last major wave for the series. From here on out it's just individual releases. I know there's always other new series as well, but I can't imagine we'll ever see anything like Smash again, in terms of scope anyway (at least until Smash 5...).

Last time I went to amiibo release day I lined up at 3am and I was still 6th in line. Not sure if I have it in me for round 2.

Yeah, fuck that.

At least I live in an area that's both 1) not too densely populated and 2) has a bunch of each store (outside of fucking TRU) nearby anyway, so lines are never that bad, but still. Have to line up even at 6am just to have a chance for $13 is nuts to me. I keep hoping with each wave people will be burnt out and yet each time people are lining up earlier than the last. :\

Thoraxes

Gonna be out early for Retro Mario.

It's all I need. Will probably snag NA versions of this wave if they're available when I show up to buy my Mario.

_jnup

I have 2 TRU that are about 1/2 hour apart. Hoping that either locations will have Browser Jr in stock after work. Also have no idea on well stocked they are.

maxcriden

Thanks Max! :D

Still can't believe we're getting an amiibo of him. I've wanted the little guy in toy form for the longest time and I'm beyond ecstatic that I'm finally getting my wish.

and yes, I'm excited for the game too :p

Haha, I am excited for you. :) I hope the amiibo Bundle goes up on Best Buy soon, too. Ordered it on GS just in case but prefer to use GCU if possible.

I forget to wait for the YWW w/ the amiibo and just ordered the regular version from BB.

Do we know if the Yoshi amiibo will be available on its own, outside of the bundle?

TheGrue

My olimar shipped from Target ^_^.

Now I just gotta worry about Bowser Jr... and then drive 40 minutes away to pick up my SMM from BB.

Mine, too! I had plans to go to Target at 9 AM after dropping off my daughter on Friday and trying to get one and then from there to TRU to wait in line for Bowser, Jr. and also to see if I could get an Olimar. Then, if that failed, was going to try to get one from Amazon when they went up, but now I just have to worry about Bowser Jr.

What is the MSRP on the Green Yarn Yoshi? Is $24 a good price?

I am sick of waiting for the bundle to go up on preorder on Amazon in the USA and noticed the Japan import is in stock right now.

I think it was mentioned as $17.99.

So, being a yankee, should I go for it? Or keep waiting for it to show up locally?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it already sold out in the states or will it be a more common Amiibo that I could even pick up in a brick and mortar store?

KingBroly

Banned
So, being a yankee, should I go for it? Or keep waiting for it to show up locally?

I guess what I'm asking is, is it already sold out in the states or will it be a more common Amiibo that I could even pick up in a brick and mortar store?

I know Gamestop still has the bundle up, and Target has a listing for that amiibo by itself. $24 isn't a bad price, but be wary of how much shipping would add to it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

You can get it right now without being forced to get the bundle. I'd say that's a win! :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm starting to become concerned that Best Buy isn't even going to carry the Woolly World Bundle.

kirby_fox

Banned
I like how shipping is completely off. Doc won't show up until Monday, but ZSS and Ganon are supposed to be coming Saturday. Olimar hasn't even shipped yet and is also scheduled for Monday.

Doc shipped first and is coming at the same time as Olimar, despite it shipping last.

Is anyone trying their luck with Nintendo World Store? Was feeling optimistic on being able to do a run before work, but with it allowing line ups at 5am I'm not so sure anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to become concerned that Best Buy isn't even going to carry the Woolly World Bundle.

The discounts you can get are nice, but ultimately is it worth possibly not getting the item period? Or at least, paying an above MSRP after market markup? I've seen lots of people wait and not pre-order period, with the hopes of stuff coming to Best Buy. It doesn't hurt making a temp order elsewhere and then cancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom