• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Went and paid off my ship to store preorder for Chibi Robo at my Gamestop today. I think I'm the 17th person to preorder it there if I'm reading the reciept right... somehow. Now I'm left to wonder if my store will get anything close to that many bundles. :/

LiK

I gotta point out I was bitching about a black mark on my DDD amiibo's hat but I was able to wipe it off. so happy I didn't need to buy a second one lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeeees, I got the Splatoon 3-pack from GS' site. I called my store & they already sold out, so that's a bit of a bummer I gotta wait for mine to arrive, but least I remembered to enter SAVER for the free shipping.

Brick seek has local inventory #'s for Target. Looks like plenty of Dr. Mario
As for the rest, It could get rough.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci

30th Anniversary Mario: 207-03-4000
Zero Suit Samus: 207-03-4001
Ganondorf: 207-03-4002
Olimar & Pikmin: 207-03-4003
Dr. Mario: 207-03-4004

Fucking hell.
Theres like 10 30th anniversary in my entire town.
16 ZSS
8 GDorfs

For all of a state capitol. god dammit.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Ewww the one I'm lining up at has only like 3-4 Marios and Ganondorfs :/ Another one in town has twice as much on hand, but I don't want to go there... Well, TRU is pretty much next door so I guess I'll go there and then Amazon is a last resort.

G0523

Hmm, only 4 Classic 8-bit Mario near me. And only 8 Olimar.

I might just skip Target then and go only to Toys R Us. Sure, it'll be $1 more but at least I don't have to wake up early for possible disappointment.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll swing by my Meijer right around Midnight since my shift starts between midnight & 2 a.m. Don't really feel like standing in line for an hour & if I don't get anything, well I've still got Amazon to back me up hopefully.

Animekatt

Hmm, only 4 Classic 8-bit Mario near me. And only 8 Olimar.

I might just skip Target then and go only to Toys R Us. Sure, it'll be $1 more but at least I don't have to wake up early for possible disappointment.

That's what I'll be going. I have a $5 off coupon for TRU I can use, so that's good too.

Velcro Fly

Friend from work already wants me to take a day off on the 25th for the iphone stuff

Might do it just to be able to round up some card packs

Sending the gf out tomorrow to score Bowser Jr., since I'm working. I honestly can't wait for this to be over--the complete Smash NA set is nearly in sight!

It's taking all my willpower to not bother w/ Yarn Yoshis and Chibi Robo. Nintendo have utterly drained me in more ways than one.

d1rtn4p

Question. I've never hunted for amiibos, but I want that mario. Do stores like walmart put these out at midnight? Or do they do it sometime in the day?

Guess I'll swing by my Meijer right around Midnight
I'll either do this or hit it early in the morning depending on what my situation looks like. I'ce had the worst luck with Target since finding the last and only WFT I've ever seen in the wild way back when the amiibo madness began so I might not even try them.

I'd love to try TRU but I probably won't be able to get to one until 2 or so in the afternoon. I'm really hoping I can get a few or at least just Olimar and Bowser Jr., but mainly Olimar. Two of him if possible.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think I heard that Walmart won't be releasing until tomorrow, or have any been said to release at midnight tonight?

KingBroly

Banned
The stock numbers I've been seeing from stores have been downright pathetic. What the hell? I thought the numbers were supposed to be higher than Wave 4, but they're like half except for exclusives

Why is there ONLY 1 Ganondorf at the closest Target from my house?

*screaming internally* *Praying to Amazon that they have decent stock on Ganon*

I wonder what are my chances of getting Ganon if I camp out at Target ~1 hour before they open

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the exclusives numbers are weird... Good that they have a good stock but the "commons"? WTF?? Hopefully I'll get most at Target when I go, but since this time NO ONE had pre-orders for ANY (except target.com that ONE day...) I expect it to be really really packed >_> Whatever will minimize my costs from getting them from TRU, but still :/

So what are my chances of picking up a Bowser Jr. tomorrow during my lunch break around 12:30-1? I don't want to waste the time driving to my nearest Toys R Us if it looks like it'll be a bust.

Meanwhile my Dr. Mario is still sitting at "order created". Ugh.

Looks like every Target in my area is getting at least 60 Dr. Marios, so I'll probably just pick one up in store. With numbers like that I could probably easily grab one at night. Meanwhile Zero Suit Samus and Olimar are looking like 8 per store on average, and Ganondorf and Classic Mario a mere 4. A couple stores are getting 12 of everyone (except ZSS, still just 8) though, so I might try one of them instead of my usual store.

Oersted

gDA5r8xh.jpg

Gonna buy a Plushy tomorrow :D

Skrams

So AmiiboGAF, I know nothing about lining up for this stuff. I lined up for the Retro Pack an hour beforehand and I was the third in line behind a pair that had been there for hours. I've never really been in the thick of it when it mattered. If I want to go to best buy because GCU what do I need to do to walk out with at least one amiibo. Is there a list somewhere of store stock or should I give up and settle for weird things that go live in the middle of the night. I got stuff I wanted from Walmart middle of the night shenanigans last time. I'm banking on Amazon tomorrow as well if I don't get everything at the store.

Also Louisville, Kentucky if that matters.

For now I guess I just plan to head there a few hours beforehand to line up and hope that's good enough.

willizle02

Neo Member
So AmiiboGAF, I know nothing about lining up for this stuff. I lined up for the Retro Pack an hour beforehand and I was the third in line behind a pair that had been there for hours. I've never really been in the thick of it when it mattered. If I want to go to best buy because GCU what do I need to do to walk out with at least one amiibo. Is there a list somewhere of store stock or should I give up and settle for weird things that go live in the middle of the night. I got stuff I wanted from Walmart middle of the night shenanigans last time. I'm banking on Amazon tomorrow as well if I don't get everything at the store.

Also Louisville, Kentucky if that matters.

For now I guess I just plan to head there a few hours beforehand to line up and hope that's good enough.

11 p.m. to midnight if you wana be first, 3 to 4 a.m. if you wana be like 9th in line.

The_Kid

I legit hate the level of OCD some NIB collectors have. I'm trying to sell off my collection to have some actual money and not just a bunch of figures , and this guy wants to return my Robin and Lucina because he says that he can see a small scratch on the outside plastic of the box. He words it like I packaged it poorly. The picture he uploaded gave no indication of a scratch. I even asked two other people, no one could see it.

If it was just this guy I wouldnt be too frustrated, but just the level of dickishness some of these people have is astounding. I see posts on the amiibo reddit every other day about someone's paranoia about amiibo boxes or the shipping or even just the sheer joy they get from sending ebay sellers rude messages for "scalping". It just seems like such an annoying an toxic community sometimes.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. I've had my fill of amiibos for a lifetime.

kirby_fox

Banned
11 p.m. to midnight if you wana be first, 3 to 4 a.m. if you wana be like 9th in line.

Depends. It's all YMMV really. Until you go a hunting you can't really know.

I've shown up as stores opened and had no line, I've shown up and had a few in line. Never once went out that damn early.

JavyOO7

I legit hate the level of OCD some NIB collectors have. I'm trying to sell off my collection to have some actual money and not just a bunch of figures , and this guy wants to return my Robin and Lucina because he says that he can see a small scratch on the outside plastic of the box. He words it like I packaged it poorly. The picture he uploaded gave no indication of a scratch. I even asked two other people, no one could see it.

If it was just this guy I wouldnt be too frustrated, but just the level of dickishness some of these people have is astounding. I see posts on the amiibo reddit every other day about someone's paranoia about amiibo boxes or the shipping or even just the sheer joy they get from sending ebay sellers rude messages for "scalping". It just seems like such an annoying an toxic community sometimes.

Sorry, I just needed to vent. I've had my fill of amiibos for a lifetime.

Well, if he ships it back to you and he gets his refund then you can sell it to the next person who hopefully isn't as anal as that person was.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What time is everyone going? I'm going to leave at 5:30 and see what happens. At least with the heat, it won't be a cold morning like the last 2 times I went.

I'm starting to think I should camp out at Target an hour early, and if there's no luck when they open, I'll just head to a nearby Gamestop and stay there until they open.

If they still don't have it, there's always the Walmart right next to it (That's open 24 hours, so I'm just grasping straws by that point).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom