• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At launch he's a rare, but he's gonna be like Sheik long-term. Very few at first, then several small restocks, and then a relatively steady supply. They probably gave him (and Sheik before him) low priority at launch so they can focus on characters like ZSS and Olimar, for whom this will probably be it for quite a long while.

I sure hope so... still getting up early tomorrow just because I'd rather get him now that the possibility of getting him later :/

7 miles is your "fuck that, I'd rather pay shipping" point? >.<

I didn't really bother doing the math but with my car acting like a bitch, a ~14 mile round trip at like $4 a gallon for gas VS $5 shipping, both options suck. I have a Target within walking distance of my house and a TRU about a mile further, so yeah I'd rather figure out if I can get them all at one of those stores than pay for shipping or drive out to WalMart to pick them up.

Bowser Jr is TRU exclusive, right? So I just need to know if I can get Retro Mario at TRU and I don't even need to bother with Target, I can just get all 3 of the Amiibo I want from this wave at one store and be done with it. Cheapest option, that. :)

Whoa, where'd you get that pic? Curious about my tru. Stock is looking good, I just might have a chance.

@pic: Holy fuck, my closest store (Mesa) is getting 160? Goddamn. That's nice.

Someone posted it on reddit, I know its reliable cause for wave 4 when I called the TRU on the Westside and told them the number the guy got all defensive and said "Who told you that" and I said "I saw it on twitter" and he freaked LOL

I sure hope so... still getting up early tomorrow just because I'd rather get him now that the possibility of getting him later :/

Ditto. :\

Which sucks, because at this point all I really need is him, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. The latter two are shipping in huge numbers, so I know I don't need to get to either store early for them, so I'm basically waking up early just for a chance at Ganondorf, just for the peace of mind.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ditto. :\

Which sucks, because at this point all I really need is him, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. The latter two are shipping in huge numbers, so I know I don't need to get to either store early for them, so I'm basically waking up early just for a chance at Ganondorf, just for the peace of mind.

Yup, exactly. Should go to sleep soon so I can get a decent rest.

EDIT: After waiting for find out for Bowser Jr. (and maybe Ganondorf too). So midnight it is.

managed to get olimar and zero suit samus. will swing by target before work tomorrow to pick up whatever is left lol i guess i'll pay the premium online over the next few weeks

Surprised Samus and Olimar were still available so i placed my order and now I hope for the best. Still, unlike last time I just might hit up TRU for Bowser Jr at least.

Skrams

Well, this is butts. Classic Mario went OOS on Walmart and I was hoping he'd stick around long enough so I could get Ganondorf for free shipping. I'm scared now and wondering if I should just do in store pickup for ZSS and Olimar so I don't lose my chance.

ChrisD

Google tells me Target opens at 8AM. I'm going to go off of that, but I have a nagging in the back of my head that they open at 7. I really can't be there any earlier than 7:30, though...

Want to get an Olimar, Ganondorf, and Classic Mario. That's all. After that and the 3-Pack my Uncle got me I... think I'm actually done with the original Smash series (Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas are a must). This is weird, guys. A whole year almost that I've been looking for these things, and the ones I wanted from what we knew is nearly fulfilled.

Google tells me Target opens at 8AM. I'm going to go off of that, but I have a nagging in the back of my head that they open at 7. I really can't be there any earlier than 7:30, though...

Want to get an Olimar, Ganondorf, and Classic Mario. That's all. After that and the 3-Pack my Uncle got me I... think I'm actually done with the original Smash series (Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas are a must). This is weird, guys. A whole year almost that I've been looking for these things, and the ones I wanted from what we knew is nearly fulfilled.
This time I think I'm gonna hit toysrus because bowser jr and because dr mario seems like he'll be common enough to still order online.

ChrisD

This time I think I'm gonna hit toysrus because bowser jr and because dr mario seems like he'll be common enough to still order online.

Bowser Jr. is definitely cooler than Dr. Mario. We just don't have a Toys-R-Us in a twenty minute radius, so the Target eight minutes down the straight is a safer option. I can live with not having a Bowser Jr., but I've gotta' get my boy Olimar.

Bowser Jr. is definitely cooler than Dr. Mario. We just don't have a Toys-R-Us in a twenty minute radius, so the Target eight minutes down the straight is a safer option. I can live with not having a Bowser Jr., but I've gotta' get my boy Olimar.
I hear that! Which was why last time I had greninja ordered and my others were ready too.

Skrams

In Store Pick Up from Walmart for all then besides Classic Mario. I guess I'll see if I can snag him later through Amazon then.

Also ordered Dr. Mario off the site and I really don't care about Bowser Jr at all. The only thing telling me to pick him up is my urge to finish getting all of this wave.

Thoraxes

Ewww the one I'm lining up at has only like 3-4 Marios and Ganondorfs :/ Another one in town has twice as much on hand, but I don't want to go there... Well, TRU is pretty much next door so I guess I'll go there and then Amazon is a last resort.

My local store is going to have 11 of everything...

And 100 of Dr. Mario, holy shit.

I'm surprised Walmart still has all 3 Wave 5s up still. Kind of worries me lol. Even though Walmart has historically been very reliable, seeing characters stay up for 2 hours is unsettling haha.

jon_dojah

Banned
Ordered Oli, Ganon and ZSS together from Walmart for $15.60 each after shipping! Not bad after getting just Dr. Mario from Target for $19 after shipping.

Ecto311

Thinking of going to Walmart now but mine is notorious for putting midnight release stuff out whenever they feel like it. They are coming out in Walmart stores today too right?. Just after olimar.

jon_dojah

Banned
Do yourself a favor and get a Target debit card.

srsly, do it, anyone who shops at Target should

Plus, you'll make an employee very happy.

I had a Target REDCard that I originally got the day the Wii came out. After 8 years of it being maxed out I decided to bite the bullet and just pay it all off and close the account. I've been kind of regretting it ever since then especially now that I've been shopping there alot after the start of Amiibogeddon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It looks like the closest Target that has Zero Suit Samus is about 45 minutes from me. I wish the GameStop site would tell me if my local store has it. That one is much closer to work.

Hatchtag

Banned
First time since waves 1/2 where I'm not going out in the morning to get an Amiibo. Feels odd. But I got all of the new non-exclusives ordered for pick up.

I had a Target REDCard that I originally got the day the Wii came out. After 8 years of it being maxed out I decided to bite the bullet and just pay it all off and close the account. I've been kind of regretting it ever since then especially now that I've been shopping there alot after the start of Amiibogeddon.

That's why you get the debit card, not the credit card. :p

chidrock

Well I'm the only one at Target at the moment.

Anyone else show up yet?

I'm the only one at TRU, which is really surprising bc this place is always packed early. I figured I'd be like #8 at this point. (I wasn't planning on getting here this early, I just woke up early and figured I might as well come instead of sleeping another hour and a half and feeling crappy when the alarm woke me up)

All I know is that I can't wait until this line is done. I don't think I will go out of my way for any others until they have a Zelda line unless my kids go nuts about something else.

Edit- I wonder when I should get out of my car lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Let's get some more hype in here, guys! Gotta pick up the pace to get to OT8! ;)

chidrock

Even 8bit Mario?

Nope, which is surprising since there's usually at least 4 people ahead of me. I guess since it's a school night and stuff. It's really cold too. I just want this over with.

Yeah - the drive here was annoying for me. I just can't wait to get it over with either. I'm telling myself that this will be the last time.

There's one other car here, but the guy hasn't gotten out yet either. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get out or just wait until someone else shows up. I just hate how the employees look at you if you're sitting there by yourself lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom