• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

chidrock

After seeing the abysmal stock numbers at Target, I decided to line up early. Here at the Vernon Hills, IL Target and it's 5am. First in line, haha.

One of us! One of us!

Yeah, I want to make sure I get the classic mario for Mario Maker today. My son saw the video for the mustaches and was cracking up.

6:30 EST and I'm #3 in line at at TRU. I drove by a Target and there was no one there. A month ago this wouldn't be the case at either store. What a difference kids being in school makes!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I'm home from work, I can explain my lucky situation.

Got to Meijers right at Midnight, there was only about 3 other guys (one being my Nintendo-obsessed co-worker), all the amiibo were on a pushcart. There was about....maybe 4 or 5 each, maybe 3 of Olimar (which I thankfully looked at, almost got one with a "freckle")? In any case, was easily able to nab Ganondorf, ZSS, Olimar, & 8-bit Mario, plus there was some kind of discount for college students (I think), so I got 10% off each one, saving me $5.

I'll check my Target around 4 p.m. after getting some sleep & picking up my copy of Super Mario Maker, then hoping to hear from my friend on Bowser Jr.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Picked up a villager, marth and rosalina at my local target today. Hooray for Australia lol. Looked for a wft but havent seen her for a while ):

Triple Dash

Neo Member
I work 3rd Shift at a Meijer in West Michigan and just got off work, am kind of mad at what happened during the last half hour.

Got 4 of each non-exclusive last night. Sold 4 (one of each) at 12:30am and 2 (ZSS, Ganon) at 1am. Came back from my last break at 6am and we still had 3 Olimar/Mario and 2 ZSS/Ganon, but when I came back after work at 6:30am all but 1 Olimar was gone.

Someone obviously bought 9 amiibos with the intent to scalp. I knew I should have bought a Classic Mario while I was taking my lunch... >_>

Wishing everyone the best of luck today. I'm getting ready to head out for 8-bit Mario, my fiance got me Olimar on his way to work so I've got that waiting for me if all else fails.

Can't wait for Mario Maker to come in the mail too!

Now that I'm home from work, I can explain my lucky situation.

Got to Meijers right at Midnight, there was only about 3 other guys (one being my Nintendo-obsessed co-worker), all the amiibo were on a pushcart. There was about....maybe 4 or 5 each, maybe 3 of Olimar (which I thankfully looked at, almost got one with a "freckle")? In any case, was easily able to nab Ganondorf, ZSS, Olimar, & 8-bit Mario, plus there was some kind of discount for college students (I think), so I got 10% off each one, saving me $5.

I'll check my Target around 4 p.m. after getting some sleep & picking up my copy of Super Mario Maker, then hoping to hear from my friend on Bowser Jr.

i was at the meijer in hartland michigan they had 3 of each figure there was 4 of use thankfully i only wanted 8 bit mario so everyone else got what they needed went smooth as butter and meijer continues to be the best place to get new amiibo.

Yarbskoo

This can't be right. There's no way they have that much stock of Zero Suit Samus amiibo. Walmart's probably going to be sending me a cancellation email soon or something.

Chucker

7th in line at Target.
Feels good, I think a lot of the hardcore kids imported, I only recognize one other Hunter.
Edit: Wanted ZSS, Olimar, and Doc. Got them and the Mario Maker Rubin.
I'll roll the dice with 8-Bit later.

Kinsei

Banned
My walmart had a ton of Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, both 30th anniversary Marios, and Olimar. They got no Bowser Jr or ZSS amiibo though. I managed to get one of everything they had (minus classic 30th Mario since I only wanted modern)

EDIT: Thought this was the Canadian thread.

This is the first launch day that I haven't been in a rush to get in line as early as possible! I'll be leaving for TRU after I finish my coffee and take my dog for a walk. I'm hoping the one time I'm lazy about it isn't the one time that I had to be there super early! They open in 2 1/2 hours and I should be there within an hour. I only have to get Bowser Jr. as I was able to order everyone else off of Target.com a couple weeks ago.

Hero

Got to the Target near my work right as they opened up and only two other people had lined up so I got Ganondorf, ZSS, Olimar, Dr Mario and Mario anniversary. Pretty painless. Wonder if the craze and scalping has died down a bit.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Mission accomplished. I hightailed it out to Target once I got out of work. Got up to about 95 MPH on a crowded highway and made it in just as they opened.

I left with Zero Suit Samus and Dr. Mario.

Damn, went by target and everyone must have been inside already. TRU, I believe I'm like 18-20 in line..some people are sitting down and I can't see.

I'm only here for Junior so that won't be too bad hopefully.

LegendX48

When's Amazon gonna have their stuff go up? Gonna try GameStop after work though I'm sure they'll be cleaned out since they open an hour before I get out.

Boogiepop

So just out of curiosity: depending on how Toys R Us pans out, I may want to cancel what I got ordered from Walmart this morning. Depending on how it works out, I may want to just cancel part of it. Is that usually possible? Just cancelling an item or two from them instead of the whole order?

So just out of curiosity: depending on how Toys R Us pans out, I may want to cancel what I got ordered from Walmart this morning. Depending on how it works out, I may want to just cancel part of it. Is that usually possible? Just cancelling an item or two from them instead of the whole order?

You can always get it and then return only one of them to the store if worst comes to worst

Walked into meijier and got zss, Ganon, Mario and olimar! They had just started stocking and no one was there, so I was able to pick the best ones!

zroid

Banned
picked up my Modern 8bit Mario from wal-mart this morning. is it seriously exclusive to the Wii U bundle in the Staes? I mean I know they've said that but it's so dumb I can hardly believe it. for once Canada doesn't get screwed.

G0523

TOYS R US OPENED AT 9AM, NOT 10AM! GOOGLE LIED TO ME!

Thankfully there was no line and I got all the amiibo I wanted. They had plentiful amounts of everything! :D

bumpkin

I'm crossing my fingers that I can get a retro Mario from Amazon tonight. If not, I have a modern Mario on its way from Amazon Japan.

Insaniac

I'm in the same boat, but Jr's numbers seem pretty high at most TRUs. Like 100 to 200. I think we'll both be okay. The others might be trickier to get that late in the game though.

thats promising. I remember our Best Buy only received 34 Dark Pits and ended up with exactly 34 people waiting.

Fortunately Dr. Mario numbers are great, and walmart came through with every other wave 5b. Guess I will make that trip out during lunch. Thanks!

thats promising. I remember our Best Buy only received 34 Dark Pits and ended up with exactly 34 people waiting.

Fortunately Dr. Mario numbers are great, and walmart came through with every other wave 5b. Guess I will make that trip out during lunch. Thanks!
Well, it couldn't hurt to try at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom