• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubcake

Neo Member
Went to Target an hour and a half after they opened, still plenty of Dr Marios and got an Olimar too. Last in line at TRU and they still had Bowser Jrs. I'll try at Gamestop for ZSS and Dorf since I'm doing a trade in for Mario Maker there anyways, and if they're out I'll just snag them on Amazon later.

So nice to have an easy experience for once.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Heading over now for Dr. Mario. With so much stock I'm going just an hour before since I don't have to get the others. Sleeping in an hour was nice!

kirby_fox

Banned
Oh hey...Toys R Us is open now. Guess I should head there.

If taking my time winds up without a Bowser Jr, then you all can make fun of me for waiting.

DrStiles

No one in line at my Best Buy. They forgot to put them out so I asked the rep got all 4 no issues. Apparently everyone went to the gamestop in the mall and once they ran out were running to the Best Buy. I got out of there fast haha.

maxcriden

What are my chances at a GameStop to go pick up 30th and Doc w/o a preorder? Downtown ATL.

ETA: nevermind. Just found out Doc is Target only.

Managed to get an extra classic 8 bit and Bowser Jr, if anyone has a modern 8 bit I'll trade either one for it.

Edit: just noticed there is a little scuff on 8 bits face, doesn't take away from it too much though. Can send pictures if need be.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Toys R Us in Times Square lied to me... the website said 9 a.m. open... was 4th in line... 9:30 rolled around and the store was still pretty dark and barren. I had to leave to go to work... :(

Bowser Jr... my new unicorn.

JavyOO7

Hopefully everyone got what they needed today. I was able to get ZSS for my buddy. :)

The GS opened at 1000am and had 7 ZZS 7 Ganon 7 Olimar and 2 Classic Mario.

Managed to get an extra classic 8 bit and Bowser Jr, if anyone has a modern 8 bit I'll trade either one for it.

Edit: just noticed there is a little scuff on 8 bits face, doesn't take away from it too much though. Can send pictures if need be.
What are you looking for? I may need to trade for your Bowser Jr. if I can't manage to get one later today. I have a Jigglypuff and Robin up for trade. Also do you have pics?

Edit: oh, you're looking for modern color classic Mario. Can't help you there. :(

What are you looking for? I may need to trade for your Bowser Jr. if I can't manage to get one later today. I have a Jigglypuff and Robin up for trade. Also do you have pics?
I'm just looking for the modern colored 8 bit, it's console exclusive in America to Walmart.

Edit:
IMG_1618.jpg

melman101

Success for me

Target order coming tomorrow for Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and ZSS.

I went to TRU, and got Bowser Jr, Olimar, Classic Mario.

Wave complete

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
picked up my Modern 8bit Mario from wal-mart this morning. is it seriously exclusive to the Wii U bundle in the Staes? I mean I know they've said that but it's so dumb I can hardly believe it. for once Canada doesn't get screwed.
Was there decent stock of him? I won't be in Winnipeg until like 3 or so.

Draxal

Best Buy had 1 other person, bought all 4 + Mario Maker with GCU then went to TRU and picked up Baby Bowser.

Imported Dr Mario already so this was easy peasy.

Stopped in a couple days ago to check if my GS would be opening early and he said around 9 and that probably 20 people would show up today. I figured I drop in around 9 just to pick up Mario maker and see what Amiibo I could score.

Showed up at 8:55 and no one. The grates were down so I thought shit, he wasn't opening at 9, must be 10. Sure enough, 9 rolls around and I'm the ONLY FRICKIN PERSON THERE! Ended up spending more than I should have and picked up Olimar, ZSS and 8-Bit mario. Also, they gave me some REALLY cool Mario 30th anniversary posters which are massively long:

usMHGB8.jpg

Thought that was easy and headed over to TRU to see if I could get a Bowser JR. Saw 2 dudes walking out of the store carrying their goods and camping chairs (lol), no one else in sight. Walked out with my Bowser Jr with no issues.

Awesome day!

zigg

My wife got TRU's last Classic 30th Mario at opening time.

I'm just kind of sitting here wondering why the hell we do it this way in 2015. We've got the tech to place orders with Nintendo, which they can use to decide how many to make, then ship the results to us.

Boogiepop

Got all I needed thanks to some awesome help, wave complete (once Dr Mario and Ganondorf arrive from Target, but they're shipped and should be here by tomorrow. Oh, and no Modern Mario for me, at least unless they release a non-bundled US down the line and it's not a pain to look for.)

Still need to potentially grab a ZSS for a friend. Shooting him the links as they pop up, and if I can grab BB when it comes around I'll do that myself and have him pay me back. That's not a huge deal though.

Edit: Also, now waiting on cancellation confirmation from Walmart. Actually had two ZSS on order from them, one for said friend, so I would've bumped it down to one and let him decide if he wanted it for that price, but Walmart only lets you cancel items, not adjust quantity. Like I said, not a huge deal, though.

Now on to hoping that the rest of the year and onwards gets even more painless and we can, you know, easily be able to preorder everything without having to jump on it super quick. That'd be nice...

Rockman

Arrived at Toys R Us (Orlando Florida) at 9:15am. There were about 60 people or so in line at the time and more showed up closer to opening. I wasn't expecting much luck but holy crap they had 100 of each character. Ended up with the entire wave minus Dr. Mario that's on its way.

My wife got TRU's last Classic 30th Mario at opening time.

I'm just kind of sitting here wondering why the hell we do it this way in 2015. We've got the tech to place orders with Nintendo, which they can use to decide how many to make, then ship the results to us.

Lol Tech and Nintendo don't go hand in hand

I passed through the Times Square Toys R Us looking to find this Disney Infinity Expansion and there were grown men knocking each other over to get amiibos. The store had just opened and the guards were trying to force me on the line. I was like nahhh, im not here for those stupid dolls. Im here for different ones!

Forgaminon

Neo Member
I missed out on Bowser JR by 2 minutes. I assumed my TRU opened at 10am like it has the last 3 time i got amiibos there. I get there at 9:50 like normal. I go in and a guy is checking out with a Bowser JR. I Talk to the lady and she said she just sold the last one.

Rough day but luckily I preordered all the other ones at Target.

dankir

Got everything completely easy this morning. Toys R Us had everything in ample stock, and went to Walmart for Dr. Mario (Canada)

Wave complete, only missing 5 figures from previous waves and I have the whole series. 3 pack in 2 weeks and I'm almost done :)

Managed to pick up Falcon, Ike and Lucario on bestbuy.ca website in the past 2 weeks as well.

GNil37Q.jpg

robot

Much easier this wave - walked in to TRU at 11am and got everyone (minus Dr. Mario). Cashier said there were 80 people on line this morning so I guess they got a big shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom