• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh i changed my mind, im not gonna go and try to get jr, i really want him but TRU is annoying to get to since the bus that goes there is super slow.

managed to get ganondorf, zero suit samus, doctor mario, and olimar, have to go to work soon so i probably won't be able to snag bowser jr or classic mario :(

LostAnkh

My Wave 5b story:
I wake up at 8, getting a message from my cousin that the Fry's at his place has 10 of ZSS and Ganondorf. So I head there since there's never anybody there for amiibo, especially for Wave 5a, and snag them. I missed out on a 8-bit Mario, but I come back to my local Gamestop to see what they have left.

They had everything, and more than what their stock was the night before. Lesson learned.

CCnUWk2.jpg

SeanR1221

Stopped by target at lunch and it literally was torn apart. Only one peach and Zelda here.

I just want a classic Mario :/

Tried ordering from GameStop but it won't let me check out.

This fucking amiibo madness still sucks.

maxcriden

let me know if you find something. Seems like scalpers pick up EVERYTHING in the A.

Sorry man; I'm just gonna pass on going there probably. I will just snag Dr. Mario for my Dad from online at some point soon. Not even sure I want 30th. I did call that GS and they only had 1 30th left when I called at like 10:20AM. Target seemed like they were getting low on them already too, based on the info on their site and the BrickSeek site. I would recommend calling a few stores if there's anything in particular you're looking for, or checking the B/S/T or Amiibo Trading threads here, or checking GameTZ/CAG. I'll let you know if I hear of any good amiibo resource here in ATL though!

Koppai

Best Buy probably won't put them up for order. If you want them you have to go to the store.

W9XzI2s.jpg

Glad I work there during the amiibogeddon so I don't miss out. My friend got me Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario is coming from Target! :)

So I have everything released so far and tbe 3 Yarn Yoshi's from Europe :)

Next up is the Retro 3 Pack! Also need Famicom R.O.B.

ChrisD

Got Olimar, Ganondorf, and though I was fifth in line picking from a four stock of 8-Bit Mario, got him as well since the boy in front of me didn't get him. This was probably the best amiibo day. <3

You guys posting your Bowser Jrs. have gotta' stop it, you're making me want one. $40 in one day was enough. :p

Boogiepop

And the cancellation went through on Walmart, so now I just need Ganondorf and Dr Mario to show up at my place, which should happen today or tomorrow, and then I'm done with this wave! Then I just need to pick up my preorders from Gamestop when that comes around...

Thinking ahead... I'm pretty sure nothing's popped up for preorders on the cards, but how was/is the stock on those in Japan? Obviously won't give a perfect idea of what's going on, but still. Really hoping they nail the stock on those so they can be just available whenever you may want them and not caught up in all this craziness. Also, I forget, were there any hints that the other 2 Yoshi colors may end up exclusives?

Just left from my lunch of amiibo.
Went to best buy grabbed the last Ganondorf, 3rd to last Olimar. Grabbed ZSS and she had a ton left.
Stopped at TRU on the way back to work - grabbed the LAST classic mario (phew) and olimar. My TRU had run out of Gdorf at open so im thinking he's too complicated to have many made.

ZugZug123

Thank you! Got ZSS and Olimar.Classic Mario kept failing check out and sold out. Will do Amazon later today. This wave seems to have gone much better, did not even have to camp out to get 2 out of 3 I want :)

D-Stubbs

Was able to snag both a Olimar and Bowser Jr. this morning. Rest of my Wave 5b orders should be coming in tomorrow from Target. Dr. Mario is listed to come in Tuesday for whatever reason though. Ah well, will have them all soon. But yeah pretty hassle free morning!

My first ever Amiibo day: Arrived at Best at 8:45am. About five people when I got there, one skinny guy with a beard looked completely out of it, was rude and didn't want to chat with anyone except the employees who passed by who he would suck up to in between mumbling to himself and staring into space. One of the reps later told me he has been there for every single figure and has shown them pictures of his closet which is filled to the brim with Amiibos, says the guy has never opened any of them.

Guy next to me was cool, we talked about Dragon Quest stuff. Only one 8-bit Mario per person and they only had ten, all were gone within 30 min., tons of Ganon, Olimar and Samus left over. After I grabbed my 8-Bit Mario I picked up my copy of Mario Maker and headed to Toys R Us. Line of at least 20 people for Bowser Jr. Lots of friendly people and I met a guy who like me is obsessed with shmups which was cool. We were handed tickets and were told they have "TONS" of extra Bowser Jr. figures and that we could get up to four each if we wanted. Anyways, this was fun but I'm glad I only get the figures for characters I really want. I now have seven Amiibo: Ness, Rosalina, Kirby, Mega Man, Bowser Jr. and 8-Bit Mario.

H6PF70W.jpg

Shauni

Got my Ganondorf that I wanted most and managed to get Classic 8-bit Mario as well. Not bad. Would love to get my hands on a Bowser Jr.

_woLf

I got really lazy this morning and wanted to sleep in before having to be at work by 9, so I didn't get to line up anywhere. Really hoping Amazon comes through.

I want a Ganondorf, ZSS and 8bit mario.

lumber

Just walked into my local GameStop at lunch and picked up 8-bit Mario. They had a few along with ZSS and Olimar.

He said that they had no one come into the store in the morning because Target and TRU opened early and everyone went there instead.

Boogiepop

Also, just looked up the Animal Crossing amiibo cards, and apparently there's three penguins in the first set! I'm not aiming for completion in general, but those... those I will need. Shame that Cube and Hopper weren't in there, though. Here's hoping for series 2!

bigkurz

Banned
My GameStop had 8 bit Mario, splatoon 3 pack, and ganondorf which I bought. Also had ZSS and olimar which I didn't want. Got my 2nd dr Mario at target.

Time to start scanning into Mario maker!

zroid

Banned
ugh they changed the protective foil placement on the 30th anni Mario so you can't just peel it off by cutting open the bottom

i had to remove the amiibo from the packaging noooooooo

akileese

Planned on going to TRU for Bowser JR but the line was unholy long even at 6am. Went to Gamestop instead, who opened an hour early. There was no one there even when they opened at 9, though stock was scarce. Went back to TRU after dropping everything off and got Bowser Jr. They had 150 but ended up selling out like 15 minutes after I left.

Rizific

My God, got this early 20something neck beard trying to chat up the girl next to him. Cringe worthy doesn't even begin to explain it.

Weebos

Banned
Grabbed Ganondorf at my local Gamestop. They had plenty of the new wave on display, and the guy said they had more in the back

kirby_fox

Banned
No line. No one in sight. They had everything sitting on a table at TRU and were still stocking the table.

Took a lot not to grab a classic Mario figure. Stopped at Meijer to see if they had any for a bit cheaper than TRU but alas they were wiped out this time around. Guess someone figured out Meijer stocks all of them once and only once.

Not really fearful of missing out on the 8-bit ones, they're likely going to push that stuff for Xmas this year.

Just cruised over to TRU and holy shit the line is insane even 30 minutes after opening. Huh. I wonder if they'll even have what I came here for by the time I get inside.

Shoulda just stayed in bed and gone for Amazon later today.

Sigh

Out of Retro Mario

They're only letting TWO people in at a time. -__-

Guess I'm just getting Bowser Jr this trip and I'll use Amazon for the rest.

Ok I need some advice..already have Olimar and ZSS ordered at walmart(I canceled the one from last night and ordered them BOTH together so only get charged for shipping ONCE) comes out to be 33 bucks and change..now I see Gamestop online has them too, can order both and use their cheapest shipping and get it for a dollar less, or just wait for amazon later on today..what is the best option?? Of course I would LOVE Best Buy cause of GCU but so far its not happening

Camjo-Z

Classic Mario will be MINE from Amazon tonight. Thought about Olimar for a second since he was my boy in Brawl but then remembered that I hate him in Smash 4.

D-Man

Passed by GameStop to pay off my Persona 4 Dancing All Night pre-order, saw that they had 8 Zero Suit Samus amiibos, so I picked one up.

I was going to get her on Amazon but I wanted her ASAP so I decided to bite. GS's stock was pretty decent too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Some guys in my TRU line are mad... Guess they wondered off for a few hours from front of the line due to car troubles or something and came back and missed the tickets passed out. Sucks but can't blame the store for not handing out extra tickets to their buddy if no one was there. Now they want to speak to the manager but like there was a pretty big line that showed up later.

Glad to see the success stories, everyone. The only thing I've been able to do so far was walk to the closest Meijer which didn't even get their shipment in. They don't even know when it will come in and they said only three people showed up for amiibo which means I would've had a pretty good chance had they got them in. I'll be able to get to TRU in about an hour so I'm really hoping I can find something.

Happy for you all that got what you wanted!

Went over to TRU to try and get Bowser Jr - didn't look like my TRU got the memo that things were on sale today. Amiibo rack was full of Amiibos from previous waves but no sign of any new waves. They hadn't even put out Super Mario Maker for sale yet. Plus no clerk in sight for electronics. Since I was on my lunch break I couldn't play find the clerk, so I'll go back after work and see if they either sold out immediately or hadn't put anything out yet.

Went over to TRU to try and get Bowser Jr - didn't look like my TRU got the memo that things were on sale today. Amiibo rack was full of Amiibos from previous waves but no sign of any new waves. They hadn't even put out Super Mario Maker for sale yet. Plus no clerk in sight for electronics. Since I was on my lunch break I couldn't play find the clerk, so I'll go back after work and see if they either sold out immediately or hadn't put anything out yet.

Toys R Us never puts out the new waves, you line up and go to the registers where they have the newest Nintendo release and the Amiibos straight out of the box.

Sorry but it looks like you missed out, they probably sold everything at opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom