• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Toys R Us never puts out the new waves, you line up and go to the registers where they have the newest Nintendo release and the Amiibos straight out of the box.

Sorry but it looks like you missed out, they probably sold everything at opening.

The TRU I went to put out all the new ones out on shelves. We didn't even have an associate walk us to electronics, so people started running. Luckily they had like 20 of every non exclusives and about 10 8 bit marios. Glad this amiibo line is almost over, don't want to deal with this TRU ever again.

Got to Best Buy 15 minutes early. I was the first and only person in line until it opened. they had all the Amiibos. More Ganons than anything. They only had a handful of classic Marios. Good luck everyone!

Laws00

I went to gamestop. Went to Barns and Nobles. There were 3 people in before I got to the store

I wanted Mario Maker and amiibo. They had them, I got them. Also got a 20th Anniversary PS4 controller

HardRojo

Went to a local store here in Peru and was surprised to see Villager, Ike and Captain Falcon (he was hidden behind a Lucario). I already asked my friend to set each of one aside for me and I'll get then next week. Ganondorf looks amazing! They spared no expense on the details!
DVPPw0t.jpg

Insaniac

Glad to see the success stories, everyone. The only thing I've been able to do so far was walk to the closest Meijer which didn't even get their shipment in. They don't even know when it will come in and they said only three people showed up for amiibo which means I would've had a pretty good chance had they got them in. I'll be able to get to TRU in about an hour so I'm really hoping I can find something.

Happy for you all that got what you wanted!

TRU stocks were really good in columbus for me. Only ganondorf is nowhere to be seen

but he's on gamestop atm

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/ganondorf-amiibo-figure/124727

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I had ordered everyone but Jr. and 8 bit Mario on Target.com. Stopped in at 9:30 at Best Buy and got 8 bit and a ZSS for my wife. Went over to TRU and got in line at 9:45 for Jr. They said I could buy up to 4, but I just got the one. Had a chat with a guy wearing a Gradius shirt about STGs while we waited. It was rad!

Now to hope I can get a modern 8 bit when I get to the Peg in a couple of hours.

zroid

Banned
I got an order in for ZSS sooo I'm pretty much done till Yarn Yoshi.

the only two I wanted from this wave were Modern Mario and ZSS. I kind of want Ganondorf but I'll wait it out. it's probably going to be a common anyway.

prateeko

Got to Best Buy 15 minutes early. I was the first and only person in line until it opened. they had all the Amiibos. More Ganons than anything. They only had a handful of classic Marios. Good luck everyone!

Yeah I swung by there after TRU and Target to grab super Mario maker and was surprised to find all of wave 5 around 1130 eastern. Snatched them up with GCU and will return my target ones tomorrow.

Kitoro

Someone in front of me boght the last Ganondorf at my TRU and the lady who rung him up screams, "We are now sold out of the Gandalf Amiibo!" I almost lost it, haha.

Casually strolled in to Best Buy afterwards at 10:18am and bought all the non-exclusives for $10.39 a pop. I was the first person to show up there, haha.

Letep

Walked into TRU an hour ago and they had all except for classic 8-bit Mario. I picked up Bowser Jr. Will try for classic Mario on Amazon tonight.

GameStop really is modestly stocked because of the attention diverting to Target and TRU. That being said, I bought all my stuff from best buy. But these people cut in front of us because h two front people in line had "saved their spot" by putting down Pokemon plushies as placeholders even though I was there before they did that retroactively.

Kinda feel bad for the people who wasted their time in line because of them.

nikos

Forgot about the release, FML. Wonder if I should go hunting. NYC is tough though. I'm sure even Nintendo World sold out immediately.

EDIT: Nintendo World said I should be good if I go today. I'm not too close but I'm getting ready and going RIGHT NOW.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least I know which Gamestop I can go to early that isn't full of campers. Got the 3 I wanted from this month. Then again my guess is that they raided the other stores such as Target or Best Buy so they didn't need to get it from Gamestop anymore.

Kirye

I need to go on a Gamestop adventure, find me that Ganondorf at the very least. D:

Also when can we pick up the Duck Hunt/ROB/G & W pack?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I need to go on a Gamestop adventure, find me that Ganondorf at the very least. D:

Also when can we pick up the Duck Hunt/ROB/G & W pack?

9/25 for the Retro 3 Pack I believe.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member

Kirye

If it's anything like the one I went to it may be too late to get him in store. They only got like 6 of him and 6 of the Mario at the store I went to and they were gone in seconds.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories...7&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-f..ObsiUhqktYnvYOOffWg

Your best
and only?
choice would be this now.

Tried it, when you go to check out it removes it from your cart. Gave it a good few tries too, assuming they sold out.

Also thanks for the info Tigro!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Tried it, when you go to check out it removes it from your cart. Gave it a good few tries too, assuming they sold out.

Also thanks for the info Tigro!

Well to be fair if he's anything like the other Zelda ones then I'm sure he'll be back.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Someone in front of me boght the last Ganondorf at my TRU and the lady who rung him up screams, "We are now sold out of the Gandalf Amiibo!" I almost lost it, haha.

Must be a TRU inside joke or something cause at mine they couldn't say his name and just called him "Gandolf" too :p

FaintDeftone

Ran into Best Buy on my lunch break to grab Mario Maker and they had one Ganondorf, one Zero Suit Samus and one Olimar left. I grabbed all three.

May go out looking for an 8-bit Mario later.

Very successful morning. Got all of em, and I pretty much owe it all to my first class getting cancelled. The fates were playing in my favor today, that's for sure.

TheGrue

Must be a TRU inside joke or something cause at mine they couldn't say his name and just called him "Gandolf" too :p

The manager that came out today to tell everyone at TRU what was going on said something about thanking everyone for coming out for this new Pokemon thing. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The manager that came out today to tell everyone at TRU what was going on said something about thanking everyone for coming out for this new Pokemon thing. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Ehhh better than the Reddit post where someone called Walmart and said "no new Star Wars".

jmizzal

I really hope Gannondorf isnt about to be rare, I went to Target and they didnt have anymore. I was gonna pick him up when I get Mario Maker from Bestbuy after work, now i'm nervous

willizle02

Neo Member
Congrats to everyone that got what they wanted today! I sat out of it thanks to imports, but I kinda wish I had waited. I love the craziness that comes with lining up overnight.

RomanceDawn

Just came back from Toys R Us, Target and Best Buy. Got 6 Amiibos and Mario Maker today. This is the first time I lined up for Amiibos. A good 30 or so people In line. What am I doing to myself?

Are Marth and Captain Falcon still good trade fodder? I really need the Toys r Us exclusives.

Do you have both of these? What do you need exactly?

I feel a bit dumb about ordering from Walmart when I easily found everybody today. Toysrus had plenty of Bowser Jr's as did Target with Dr. Mario and I went to the Gamestop close by and they had 8 of every Amiibo still so I got the other 4 there. I cancelled with Walmart but with my luck it was too late so i'll probably still get em in the mail.

Just came back from Toys R Us, Target and Best Buy. Got 6 Amiibos and Mario Maker today. This is the first time I lined up for Amiibos. A good 30 or so people In line. What am I doing to myself?

Do you have both of these? What do you need exactly?

I do have them both. I need Greninja, Lucario, Ike, Lucina, and Robin. Dunno what Marth and Falcon are worth together now as far as trades go.

Bii

I do have them both. I need Greninja, Lucario, Ike, Lucina, and Robin. Dunno what Marth and Falcon are worth together now as far as trades go.

I have a Greninja. Would like a Marth if interested. Not sure if it's a fair trade or not because I don't really follow the Amiibi scene much.

With that said, I was at Best Buy about an hour after it opened and was able to get Olimar, Ganondorf and 8-Bit Mario. They also had Zero Suit Samus but I wasn't interested in picking her up. Pretty easy pickups for me as I wasn't really trying to find/buy them.

I feel a bit dumb about ordering from Walmart when I easily found everybody today. Toysrus had plenty of Bowser Jr's as did Target with Dr. Mario and I went to the Gamestop close by and they had 8 of every Amiibo still so I got the other 4 there. I cancelled with Walmart but with my luck it was too late so i'll probably still get em in the mail.

I ordered from walmart last night, then I ordered the same amiibos today from Gamestop(saved a few bucks with SAVER free shipping) but with free shipping from Gamestop it would take a week and a half to get the amiibos, so I am going to see what happens today with amazon, if pikmin and ZSS come up and I can get them I will cancel both gamestop AND walmart

nikos

Nintendo World had all except Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.

Grabbed a 30th anniversary Mario. Are any others rare?

Gonna hunt for Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom