• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

Just got a notice that my Olimar and ZSS order from Walmart got refunded. My order for Ganon and Classic Mario already shipped. I know I got the order in as soon as the links were posted... so it wasn't a time issue. Anyone have this happen? I literally passed on both of them earlier today because I thought I had them secured from Walmart's site.

NOOOO!

Same here. I was already refreshing all 4 of the pages on the Walmart site before they went up, put in an order on all 4 within the first minute of availability last night.....and somehow my Ganon/Olimar/ZSS all were canceled when I woke up this morning. Retro Mario went through to shipping.

Luckily I saw it early enough that I was able to get the 3 cancelled ones from Amazon. Still...makes no sense on who it affected. Sorry you missed them :(

I think 8 bit mario is entering golden mario status , stores already have enough marios, they might stock the modern mario more since its coming out soon and the 30th means we aren't getting him in his 31st anniversary

*takes tin foil hat off*

kirby_fox

Banned
I think 8 bit mario is entering golden mario status , stores already have enough marios, they might stock the modern mario more since its coming out soon and the 30th means we aren't getting him in his 31st anniversary

*takes tin foil hat off*

Nah. They're totally gonna push this game for the Xmas season including the amiibo. It's perfect for all kinds of fans, even people who haven't played a game since the original. People will put that on their work desk level of gift.

We'll be flooded with them come November.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I saw that Olimar is STILL up on Amazon and got him there, cancelling the still pending Walmart order. I should call about ZSS, though. She's still pending and there's still nowhere to order her from now.

For the biggest retailer in the world, walmart.com still sucks bad :/

Well I canceled Olimar and ZSS fast enough with Walmart but not Ganon which I ordered last so he shipped out. Tracking says he'll be here net Thursday but I figure I'd ask if anybody needs him here before I return him?

My Ganon and ZSS are still processing but if they get canceled I may very well want to buy Ganon from you. Will let you know!

Like everyone else though my 8bit Mario shipped.

Dude Guy

KanmLgfh.jpg

Went to Best Buy to pick up Mario Maker, went to Target to see what they had, and there was literally only Dr Mario. Like 20 Dr Mario and NO other amiibos. Got one for me and one for my little bro.

Dragoshi1

Well, walked into a Gamestop, and came out with Ganondorf and Olimar!

I also bought that Super Mario Flag Pole set display, goes well with the SMB Amiibos.

_woLf

Has anyone's Amazon orders from yesterday shipped yet? I'm getting nervous...

I ordered 3 amiibos, none have shipped :/

Richie

Never would I have thought Olimar would be more widely available than Classic Mario.

Has anyone's Amazon orders from yesterday shipped yet? I'm getting nervous...

I ordered 3 amiibos, none have shipped :/

My last Amazon order took almost five whoppin' days to ship. They have been slackin'...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
UGhhhhhhhhhh now I REALLY regret not getting ZSS from Amazon yesterday!! I thought about putting an order in...

Called walmart.com and they can't do much at their CS there, apparently. Wave 4 is listed now as "discontinued" at their end and for anyone who has an order that didn't ship yesterday (but was supposed to) it'll most likely cancel out soon -_- I tried to see if they could escalate the shipping or something, but CS in most places have not much to work with. Yeah, that's the last time I do that :/ Still, I DON'T understand how the commons are the ones that DIDN'T get shipped. It just doesn't make sense!!

The fact that I could've got them yesterday really really kills it... freaking walmart.com doesn't know when to turn their orders off -_-

scoot3r

After reading this I feel lucky. Walked into GameStop yesterday to get Mario maker and got 8 bit Mario, gannondorf, zss, and olimar. I already had them imported so I just opened my foreign ones and kept the ones from yesterday boxed.

Shadoron

UGhhhhhhhhhh now I REALLY regret not getting ZSS from Amazon yesterday!! I thought about putting an order in...

Called walmart.com and they can't do much at their CS there, apparently. Wave 4 is listed now as "discontinued" at their end and for anyone who has an order that didn't ship yesterday (but was supposed to) it'll most likely cancel out soon -_- I tried to see if they could escalate the shipping or something, but CS in most places have not much to work with. Yeah, that's the last time I do that :/ Still, I DON'T understand how the commons are the ones that DIDN'T get shipped. It just doesn't make sense!!

The fact that I could've got them yesterday really really kills it... freaking walmart.com doesn't know when to turn their orders off -_-

Seems things didn't work out in the end, sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what happened with Walmart. They've had a stellar track record so far on Amiibo orders, up until this wave.

Mosey'd by Target today so Dad could pick up his prescription and figured I'd walk back by the amiibos.

TONS of Docs. Like At least 20-25 of them scattered about, plus Toad, Bowser and a healthy selection of the common Smash guys who've been everywhere. Diddy was marked as on sale for $9.99 but I didn't see any there.

I think Target went way overboard with their orders, or maybe no one was as interested in Doctor Mario as they were say Junior. Or everyone maybe got their orders in online.

Whatever the reason, that's nice that they have them available. I continue to hope these new guys are in good stock everywhere as we move forward..although I don't think that's gonna happen lmao

EDIT: AYYYY Doc and Oli came just now.

hHIrAfp.jpg

That's all the new Smash guys, just waiting for 8 Bit to come Monday or so.

OThtzdW.jpg

Sooooooon. The space up front is for the Retro 3 guys, then I have to rekajigger some people around for the Miis (which I've decided to open) and the leftover guys. Metwo is gonna go next to Pac there to make a long line of Pokemon, Cap I think is gonna get bumped down next to sonic so there's a space for Lucas, and Doc will get bumped for Roy...or something like that. I don't really know yet.

Then of course I need Lucario still from my friend who got it for me when it came out...and still hasn't mailed it to me lol

Oh cool, Walmart didn't cancel my orders (even though I requested cancelation almost 24 hours before they ended up shipping). Combine that with GameStop probably not cancelling my other order, YAY TRIPLICATES

Seems things didn't work out in the end, sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what happened with Walmart. They've had a stellar track record so far on Amiibo orders, up until this wave.

Except when I tried ordering Wii Fit Trainer and Pit back in July. They canceled those but I did get Gold Mario from walmart.com. Good record but not spotless.

I remember people saying this (discontinued/canceled soon) in May/June but my April preorders of Charizard and Lucina eventually shipped.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I remember during some past waves when some of the more rare ones like Captain Falcon were getting cancelled on the .com site, so it's not unheard of for me. However, it sounds like some Gamestops in the areas still have a few left, with the only problem being NO holds (can't get out for a few hours) so hopefully I can grab one there...

Nighteater

Neo Member
USPS dropped off my Doctor Mario. He looks great and arrived in perfect condition. Can't wait to get the retro pack in a couple of weeks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yay, Splatoon 3-pack has shipped. Says it should get here Thursday, but considering how fast GameStop is, I'm willing to bet it'll arrive Wednesday.

Amiibro

Looks my 4 pack Amiibo bundle from Gamestop.com should be here Tuesday. Not bad for value shipping. I wonder why it refused to let me use the free shipping code for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It should've been applied when you were checking out & got to the part where you selected which shipping you want. The red X is just there if you wanted to remove it.

Yay, Splatoon 3-pack has shipped. Says it should get here Thursday, but considering how fast GameStop is, I'm willing to bet it'll arrive Wednesday.
Nice! I know you've been waiting for that. How'd it go with Bowser Jr. by the way?

Quick question, can we pre order the retro 3 pack amiibo yet? My friend wants to pre order it.
That went up for pre-order early last month but some people have still been able to get some in though who knows if it's too late. It still says Add to Cart online:
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

The pre-orders for NA have been up for a while at GameStop, no idea if they are still available but it would be the place to try.

Nice! I know you've been waiting for that. How'd it go with Bowser Jr. by the way?

That went up for pre-order early last month but some people have still been able to get some in though who knows if it's too late. It still says Add to Cart online:
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

It's a Gamestop exclusive, right?
EDIT: Never mind, it says it's exclusive. Well thanks for the help guys.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Friend was only able to get one (for himself), & TRU never put him up for sale online (which is frustrationg for people like me who don't have a TRU close by). Only other option is going on Amazon to import Bowser Jr. for $21 (free shipping) or someone on here to sell him for a fair price.

Friend was only able to get one (for himself), & TRU never put him up for sale online (which is frustrationg for people like me who don't have a TRU close by). Only other option is going on Amazon to import Bowser Jr. for $21 (free shipping) or someone on here to sell him for a fair price.
Hmm. Well, the TRU closet to me seemed to have quite a good stock for him in (and said they'd bet getting more through the weekend) though I was only able to grab one yesterday and couldn't go to another. I won't be able to go out again until either tomorrow or Monday but I know I said I'd help you out if I could and would pick one up for you if they have any when I get there. I'm kind of tight on money but wouldn't mind helping out fellow AmiiboGAF peeps.

Unless you get a good shot online and don't want to wait for potential disappointment on my end :p.

Boogiepop

So yeah, I've been just going with whatever shelf space was available for my big old collection (everything but Gold Mario, since I decided I don't feel a strong need for color variants). But I'm starting to think I might need something dedicated. So, suggestions? Not sure what I can fit where, but definitely don't want anything free-standing.
Anyone on this?

Also, Doc just came in, finishing the wave. Quick question, mine has two tiny brown dots on the back of his one coattail. Is that a detail or a manufacturing defect? Can't really tell. Not a huge deal either way, just curious.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Did something interesting with my Amiibo arrangement.

tumblr_nul6ebjchw1s5pupqo5_1280.jpg

Greninja and Olimar are coming tomorrow. Then I have the Retro 3 pack, and any other stragglers I might have left behind that weren't a priority before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm. Well, the TRU closet to me seemed to have quite a good stock for him in (and said they'd bet getting more through the weekend) though I was only able to grab one yesterday and couldn't go to another. I won't be able to go out again until either tomorrow or Monday but I know I said I'd help you out if I could and would pick one up for you if they have any when I get there. I'm kind of tight on money but wouldn't mind helping out fellow AmiiboGAF peeps.

Unless you get a good shot online and don't want to wait for potential disappointment on my end :p.
Nah, I can be patient, it's not like I need him right this moment, plus I wouldn't want to put someone in a financial or other type of bad situation over something small like a toy. Just PM me on any future updates, i.e. if you feel financially comfortable enough to help me out.

I do appreciate all that amiiboGAF has done (helped me get Meta Knight for retail, given me free amiibo such as Peach & such, etc.), but please remember to make sure you can afford them for yourself first.

Did something interesting with my Amiibo arrangement.

tumblr_nul6ebjchw1s5pupqo5_1280.jpg

Greninja and Olimar are coming tomorrow. Then I have the Retro 3 pack, and any other stragglers I might have left behind that weren't a priority before.

first off nice collection! Now that said i gotta ask is the no fire emblem characters on purpose or just bad luck on trying to get them?

Jergingha

Neo Member
first off nice collection! Now that said i gotta ask is the no fire emblem characters on purpose or just bad luck on trying to get them?

Started off as bad luck, but it got to the point that I just didn't care, given they all were overpriced and had derp faces to begin with.

I will slowly buy them all though. Just waiting for a decent enough price drop.

Started off as bad luck, but it got to the point that I just didn't care, given they all were overpriced and had derp faces to begin with.

I will slowly buy them all though. Just waiting for a decent enough price drop.
Robin's face is pretty good actually, cant speak for the others tho since thats the only fire emblem one i have

Koppai

11219387_10153025913091646_2882251626889690614_n.jpg

Fuck, $19.45 for Dr. Mario, Target is such a ripoff! My friend went out in the rain and got me Bowser Jr., awww <3 We always help eachother get amiibo :D

So I have everything released so far in the US + the 3 yarn yoshi's. Only 11 more for the Smash line... Retro 3 Pack, Mii Fighter 3 Pack, Falco, Mewtwo, Ryu, Roy, and Lucas :D

My detolf case and the shelves are filling up, gonna have to add the 4th shelf <_>;

Any update on 8bit modern mario standalone availability? I want a wii u but that bundle is quite the investment.

It's even more of an investment for those of us who already own a Wii U but want the amiibo.

Someone has almost certainly bought the bundle and swapped Classic for Modern when they returned it. That ain't my style though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom