• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
2/4 Walmart are shipped on the way to my local store. Funny how the first order and second order went through but not the 2 in the middle yet :p (I had to make 4 different orders cause I messed up). Ah well, the 2 rarer ones shipped, so I'm not worried about the other 2.

Capra

Could only get on Amazon after classes so I was able to obtain ZSS, Olimar, and Classic Mario. G-dorf is going to become my white whale since he's the one I wanted most out of the bunch, but all in all a good haul.

HardRojo

Went back to my local store and they still had Dr. Mario, Oliver and Ganondorf left. They had already sold out of ZSS and Bowser Jr. Good thing I got Bowser somewhere else and I already picked up Ganon and ZSS. Will pick up my pre-ordered Classic Mario on Monday. Ah yeah, they still had like 4 Classic Mario a left but 2 were bought as I left the store.

20150911_165213_zpsvnhlvggz.jpg

Another good day! Starting to regret all of this "trade bait" I've picked up. Not sure what I will need it for.

Got Ganondorf and Bowser Jr. But struck out with the 8-bit Mario.

There was about 12 or so Bowser Jr. amiibo at my nearest Toys R Us.

Really. There didn't seem to be any of the new Amiibo at the Toysrus I went to.

Surprisingly Target had six of Dr. Mario and Zero Suit Samus as well as two Olimar. Those are the only Amiibo I got.

Very surprised there wasn't more retro Mario available.

Capra

Have any amiibos for trade? I've got a g dorf

Nah, I'm holding onto what I've got. I'm sure I'll find a way to get him later on down the road, either by importing or sheer luck.

After today's wave, just the retro 3 pack, the miis, and all the dlc characters.

I hope Nintendo does a series 2 of Smash amiibos where it's the alt. trophies of fighters:

Alt colors too: Oh myyyyy

I would pay a high price for Captain Fabulous:

Kitoro

Will copies of Mario Maker always include the same packaging and booklet? I have no time or desire for the game right now, but if the packaging is limited, I'd like to not miss out.

Ibuki

Banned
Will copies of Mario Maker always include the same packaging and booklet? I have no time or desire for the game right now, but if the packaging is limited, I'd like to not miss out.

They never mentioned it as being a limited run or anything. You never know though, they could do a reprint with just the game.

Got everything from TRU, but the Target that was right next to it had like 8 Pit and 1 Marth in stock so wish I was there instead. On the plus side they were doing 1 amiibo max then you had to go to the back of the line. Not one of each, 1 total. That Target is always terrible.

Also after waiting for hours at TRU I went over to gamestop and they still had everything in stock there so it was all pointless.

HardRojo

Oh and BTW, it's Peru but I still think it matters to my fellow American amiibo collectors. Plenty of stores held pre-orders for Modern Mario and we all had assumed it would be available today (before news arrived that only Classic Mario would be available separately), since plenty of people already put money for it, they kept asking what would happen now and a store manager told us they will have them available in November. Now, I don't know if it'll really take that long for it to be available without the bundle, but I suppose it's something.

LegendX48

So... is it just me or is Dr. Mario extremely easy to find? Just went to my local Target and their entire amiibo section was nothing but Dr. Mario.

KingBroly

Banned
Series 2 should be Cards, because NOA still can't stock them properly and retailers are seemingly not ordering or demanding Nintendo make more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So... is it just me or is Dr. Mario extremely easy to find? Just went to my local Target and their entire amiibo section was nothing but Dr. Mario.
When I went around 4 p.m., they only had 2 ZSS left, but I asked the employee & after 5 minutes of helping other customers & looking in the back, she found 3 more & a Super Mario Maker rubik's cube (pre-order bonus? I got a construction hat & poster with mine from GameStop).

But yeah, considering how long he was available online, I figured I'd be fine going in later. I didn't want to bother waiting 2 hours for the store to open after working since midnight, despite that's what my co-worker did.

The_Kid

It's always that way with Target for the first couple days. Rosalina and Jiggly were plentiful through the weekend, then they were gone.

Imported ZSS, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, and Olimar. Only needed to get Bowser Jr and 8 bit Mario here.
I unfortunately overslept and i got to TRU late. They only had Bowser Jr...which at least I needed.
Best Buy opened an hour later so I went there. About 20 people in front of the line, didn't imagine I'd get any but...only like 4 of them were for the amiibo and they were just looking for re-stocks. So miraculously I managed to get the Mario so everything is locked down for now.

Samaritan

Well, despite Target completely screwing me out of my 2 Anniversary Marios, Best Buy ended up coming through. After driving around my town for 3-4 hours, I went to the only store I hadn't been to yet, a Best Buy two cities over. Nestled in the corner of the store's games section was their Amiibo shelf, which upon it sat 2 Anniversary Marios, 4 Zero Suit Samus', 3 Ganondorfs, and more Olimars than I bothered counting.

I'd say alls well that ends well, but Target still cost me about 4 hours out of my day and probably $20 in gas to find the damn things, but I'm happy to have the little guys.

Haven't been paying attention and didn't realized classic Mario launched today. Found him on eBay for $30 shipped.

Pricey, but he's the last one i wanted this year and I'm too lazy to drive all over town on the slim chance somewhere isn't sold out.

Can't wait to pick up my triple pack preorder later this month.

It's always that way with Target for the first couple days. Rosalina and Jiggly were plentiful through the weekend, then they were gone.
No this is different. The quantity is way higher. Rosalina was gone within 30 minutes around here and had about 1/4th the amount of Dr. Mario.

The_Kid

No this is different. The quantity is way higher. Rosalina was gone within 30 minutes around here and had about 1/4th the amount of Dr. Mario.

Really? Rosalina was available at every store within a 30 mile radius around me (which is like 15 stores since I'm in Minnesota) through the weekend. I only know this because we hunted for other amiibo all weekend. Jigglypuff was similar. It is honestly nothing new for Target.

Really? Rosalina was available at every store within a 30 mile radius around me (which is like 15 stores since I'm in Minnesota) through the weekend. I only know this because we hunted for other amiibo all weekend. Jigglypuff was similar. It is honestly nothing new for Target.

Perhaps for your area, but no, that was not the case for the large majority of people, particularly with Rosalina. Most areas sold out completely in around 30 minutes.

IIRC Dr. Mario actually shipped at least 2-3 times as many units as Rosalina.

Josh5890

It should be interesting what Nintendo's plans are for amiibos in 2016. Zelda seems obvious and the Animal Crossing cards will continue. Otherwise nothing is know.

I kind of hope it is quiet for the most part. Let us relax a little bit.

But then again, Nintendo wants to keep that revenue stream going.

HardRojo

It should be interesting what Nintendo's plans are for amiibos in 2016. Zelda seems obvious and the Animal Crossing cards will continue. Otherwise nothing is know.

I kind of hope it is quiet for the most part. Let us relax a little bit.

But then again, Nintendo wants to keep that revenue stream going.
Yeah, we got the Super Mario, Splatoon and Yoshi Yarn lines, there's also the AC one coming soon. I think it's safe to say they'll release a Zelda one and probably a Pokkén one.

Josh5890

Yeah, we got the Super Mario, Splatoon and Yoshi Yarn lines, there's also the AC one coming soon. I think it's safe to say they'll release a Zelda one and probably a Pokkén one.

I keep forgetting that Pokken Wii-U is a thing. I guess that will push amiibos into the next year.

Velcro Fly

Would be willing to bet we are getting pokemon amiibo cards for all 700 of them and figures for the pokken ones.

would love it if they do pokemon amiibo cards that it worked like a safari zone type of deal. like you scan a couple and then get them in a safari zone environment.

Capra

With Pikmin 4 apparently being a thing I fully expect to see at least one Amiibo for the new crew members/Pikmin species. Maybe three Amiibo featuring one of each with a specific type? One of an enemy type like the Bulborb would be really cool too.

Oh, and don't forget Star Fox Zero is coming out this year with Amiibo support. We'll probably get one for each SF team member along with maybe Wolf.

I'd also really, really like to see something Xenoblade Chronicles X related like a Tatsu...

Successful day. Got everyone except Baby Bowser. Hoping for online orders. If not, I'll have to import or something.

I really like the Retro Mario. Looks awesome. I hope Modern Mario becomes available as a single.

Series 2 should be Cards, because NOA still can't stock them properly and retailers are seemingly not ordering or demanding Nintendo make more.

Release the Fire Emblem amiibos in card form and bundle them for Fire Emblem Fate's release, it's dumb how IS makes the most interesting features for amiibos, but the amiibos required are super difficult to find. (Unless you import, but still)

Edit: What would be awesome is if they did release the Smash Bros. Fire Emblem amiibos as cards, and they were designed similar to the cards from Awakening's DLC/Spotpass characters:

DooD1234

Man, I thought Classic 8 bit Mario would be easy to find like Silver Mario but they were all sold out by the time I got off work. How long did Amazon had Classic Mario? Looks like he sold out everywhere online too. Here hoping I won't be waiting too long for new stock.

Shadoron

Just got a notice that my Olimar and ZSS order from Walmart got refunded. My order for Ganon and Classic Mario already shipped. I know I got the order in as soon as the links were posted... so it wasn't a time issue. Anyone have this happen? I literally passed on both of them earlier today because I thought I had them secured from Walmart's site.

NOOOO!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a notice that my Olimar and ZSS order from Walmart got refunded. My order for Ganon and Classic Mario already shipped. I know I got the order in as soon as the links were posted... so it wasn't a time issue. Anyone have this happen? I literally passed on both of them earlier today because I thought I had them secured from Walmart's site.

NOOOO!

I hope this doesn't happen to me then since those 2 shipped and the other 2 didn't. How weird is that though that the more common ones would get cancelled?? I had several chances to get them today too... Hope I still see them there when I get home....

Shadoron

I hope this doesn't happen to me then since those 2 shipped and the other 2 didn't. How weird is that though that the more common ones would get cancelled?? I had several chances to get them today too... Hope I still see them there when I get home....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... I knew something was up.... this wave was too easy...

Never wanted any amiibo until I saw yarn yoshi. After preordering the bundle, I got caught up in the excitement and ordered 8 bit Mario and Olimar from Amazon. I am having regret so I'll be canceling in 5 mins. Hopefully someone here picks up the inventory I'm releasing.

Honestly at this point i believe silver mario was just a case of most people not wanting it which is why he is so easy to find where as classic mario is an anniversary figure so more people want it
That's a part of it, but Silver Mario definitely did have *significantly* higher shipment numbers. Not even close.

Kicking myself in the ass for not picking up Olimar earlier. Is he supposed to be rare?

I was at best buy and gamestop today, olimar was everywhere.

I was going to get ganon but when I saw the figure he looked a bit crappy. Just zero suit samus for me. She's one of my favorite smash characters too.

Well I canceled Olimar and ZSS fast enough with Walmart but not Ganon which I ordered last so he shipped out. Tracking says he'll be here net Thursday but I figure I'd ask if anybody needs him here before I return him?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... I knew something was up.... this wave was too easy...

Just checked it and they are still under processing. Hopefully with all the cancellations people made when they picked up elsewhere, that I'll be able to get one of those or something >_>

Oh, so I opened up my Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. later on and wow... the sculpts are amazing. Some of the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom