• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
Target had so many fucking marios today on the rack and then they stuffed the rest of them near the checkout lines where they usually put new release movies

11219387_10153025913091646_2882251626889690614_n.jpg

Fuck, $19.45 for Dr. Mario, Target is such a ripoff! My friend went out in the rain and got me Bowser Jr., awww <3 We always help eachother get amiibo :D

So I have everything released so far in the US + the 3 yarn yoshi's. Only 11 more for the Smash line... Retro 3 Pack, Mii Fighter 3 Pack, Falco, Mewtwo, Ryu, Roy, and Lucas :D

My detolf case and the shelves are filling up, gonna have to add the 4th shelf <_>;
:( i want jr

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Target had so many fucking marios today on the rack and then they stuffed the rest of them near the checkout lines where they usually put new release movies

I need to visit your Target!, Chicagoland area has nothing. I went to various Targets in the west burbs and found nothing. I did get Ganondorf at BB, but really want the 8-bit Mario.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Any word on how common 8bit Mario is at this point, in-store wise? Houston, TX here

Velcro Fly

[QUOTE="D";178554113]Any word on how common 8bit Mario is at this point, in-store wise? Houston, TX here[/QUOTE]

It seemed to be shipped the least and sold out the quickest on Amazon

leroidys

Happy to see people getting the splatoon 3 pack- definitely the most extensive content locked behind amiibo thus far.

Very happy to have gotten mario and olimar off of amazon. After I pick up G&W on the 25th, I'm out of the amiibo game until Ryu and Lucas.

"Finally" opened my 30th anniversary Mario. :p Was hesitant because I really like the box and don't have Super Mario Maker anyway. Ended up using an X-Acto knife to preserve the box, only time I've done that haha. What can I say, I liked it. :p

Blues1990

I had the worst luck today.

After purchasing a Modern Mario Amiibo as a gift for a friend, someone had bumped into me and I dropped the figurine on the road, and it was promptly run over by a truck.

vazel

Banned
I had the worst luck today.

After purchasing a Modern Mario Amiibo as a gift for a friend, someone had bumped into me and I dropped the figurine on the road, and it was promptly run over by a truck.
LOL, I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud for reals. It's the sort of bad luck trope you would see in a cartoon.

Blues1990

LOL, I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud for reals. It's the sort of bad luck trope you would see in a movie or cartoon.

Funny enough, there was a replica Mystery Machine across the road. Should have taken a photo of it....

But I was really bummed that it happened.

LOL, I'm sorry but that made me laugh out loud for reals. It's the sort of bad luck trope you would see in a cartoon.

What's really sad is that she also bought him a mustache comb for his Mario Amiibo!

btw, love strangers with candy. I hope you've read wigfield.

Insaniac

Gamestop near me had one last Ganondorf. His amiibo is amazingly detailed and awesome. Finally can display him with link zelda and sheik. Glorious!

Yarbskoo

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order have been delayed.

=======================================================================
DELAYED ITEMS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Zero Suit Samus Super Smash Bros Series
amiibo (Nintendo WiiU or New Nintendo 3DS)

=======================================================================

We are working with our suppliers to ship these items as soon as possible, but are unable to provide a revised delivery date at this time. If for some reason we can't ship these items at all, we'll cancel the items from your order and notify you. If you wish to cancel them now, please call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546 and an associate will try to cancel the items. (Items that are too far into the shipping process may not be cancelable, but you can return them for a full refund.) Otherwise, there is no action needed on your part.

It's all over. Got one for Ganondorf too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm just glad to be done with full Smash waves. Everyone that's left is has their own release dates, which makes everything a lot easier.

Yeah, I agreed with you there. I just hope that they would do same thing to Smash DLC Amiibo as well.

I'm totally hype for next Friday! Duck Hunt Amiibo <3

Anyone interested in the following four amiibo for $65? North American versions, still in package:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Olimar
  • 8-bit Mario (Classic)

I ordered them from Target, but was able to find them all on Friday. I have ZSS and 8-bit Mario in-hand. Olimar and Dr. Mario are on the way and should be here this week. I'm going to just return them to Target when I have all four of them, but thought I'd give someone here a shot first. $65 would basically be cost + shipping. I paid $55.60 for them, but am adding a little for shipping. ZSS does have a bit of a bend on the cardboard. Can't speak for Dr. Mario or Olimar yet.

CLAIMED!

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I have JPN versions of Robin and Lucina to trade anyone for Classic 8bit Mario or Modern 8bit Mario

HardRojo

A friend picked up Bowser Jr. for me. Will meet up with her during the week for some Japanese food, pick Bowser Jr. up and a surprise (which I know is Villager, Captain Falcon and possibly Ike since she's been teasing for a while).

This is my collection so far. Some can't be seen since they're in the back but man, am I glad the Smash line is almost over. I will be picking the ones I don't have little by little as they get restocked and will buy commons every now and then until I'm done with them. I'm not in a rush. I don't buy doubles, the second Dedede came from the same friend that'll give me the other amiibo. I had already bought a Dedede which was on its way and later I found out she had gotten one for me. She doesn't know I have two of them :p I don't wanna ruin her "surprise".

I'm impressed by the detail on Ganondorf. I wish they had been this careful from the very beginning, but it's something and I'm really glad to see how well he turned out.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Anyone interested in the following four amiibo for $65? North American versions, still in package:
  • Dr. Mario
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Olimar
  • 8-bit Mario (Classic)

I ordered them from Target, but was able to find them all on Friday. I have ZSS and 8-bit Mario in-hand. Olimar and Dr. Mario are on the way and should be here this week. I'm going to just return them to Target when I have all four of them, but thought I'd give someone here a shot first. $65 would basically be cost + shipping. I paid $55.60 for them, but am adding a little for shipping. ZSS does have a bit of a bend on the cardboard. Can't speak for Dr. Mario or Olimar yet.

I'm interested in the 8-bit Mario if your willing to split it up.

*Groan* Just received my Dr. Mario from Amazon and it's bent, contacted a rep and got a partial refund. I contact a rep every time I've received a bent amiibo and I get a partial refund while keeping it, but I wonder if I'll get banned for complaining too much.

I'm impressed by the detail on Ganondorf. I wish they had been this careful from the very beginning, but it's something and I'm really glad to see how well he turned out.

Ganondorf and Palutena were the first 2 I wanted since amiibos were announced back in E3 2014, I'm glad at least one of them came out well done.

Shauni

Don't guess there's anyone posting here that doesn't post in the trading thread who picked up an extra Bowser Jr they're willing to sell or trade is there? Trying to find it for a friend who managed to get all the Mario amiibos except for that one.

• Dr. Mario
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Olimar
  • 8-bit Mario (Classic)

Don't guess you'd be willing to break this up at all would you?

CKD5989

Got the email confirming Walmart canceled my ZSS, Gannondorf and Olimar. Especially annoyed considering I could have EASILY picked them all up from Amazon on Friday. Shame on me for trusting Walmart. Don't you do the same!

Oh well. At least ebay prices don't seem too bad.

TheGrue

Today I had the fun task of carrying my Amiibo 5 at a time from their display case to my WiiU to unlock their stuff in Super Mario Maker. At least now as I buy them, I can just do them right then and there when opening.

Velcro Fly

After Walmart said they couldn't cancel my Splatoon 3 pack and then the next day did anyway I will never buy from them again online.

Amazon seems to be the most reliable for these lately, Robin and Lucina being gone in 60 seconds be damned

HardRojo

Ganondorf and Palutena were the first 2 I wanted since amiibos were announced back in E3 2014, I'm glad at least one of them came out well done.

He looks really good. The face on ZSS is very well done too, which is nice since that was my biggest concern before seeing her amiibo in person.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
After Walmart said they couldn't cancel my Splatoon 3 pack and then the next day did anyway I will never buy from them again online.

Likewise. Very incompetent. Gold Mario went fine for me, being an exclusive, but this wave was dumb. Their estimated delivery to store via Fedex was for the 15th, now saying the 17th, and still just in shipping label phase... Not to mentiom CS can't do much. Glad I got ZSS and Olimar elsewhere. Just a terrible service :/

shanafan

I haven't had a problem with Wal-Mart (yet).

I ordered ZSS, and order status is shipped. UPS's website just says that the label was created, but their website can be delayed at times.

I have got prior Amiibos from Wal-Mart, and never had a problem. Let's hope this stays true.

Persona7

Banned
*Groan* Just received my Dr. Mario from Amazon and it's bent, contacted a rep and got a partial refund. I contact a rep every time I've received a bent amiibo and I get a partial refund while keeping it, but I wonder if I'll get banned for complaining too much.

I complain about damaged stuff all the time and I have yet to be banned. There was a point where every single game they sent me over a few month period was damaged because of the shitty bubble mailers they use. I also constantly complained and sent them pictures of the damaged items before I opened them though so maybe that helped.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has Wario ever been available again? I still can't believe he hasn't been easier to find compared to Pac-Man from the same wave. You'd think a Mario universe character (aside from Rosalina & Bowser Jr.) wouldn't be too hard to find, at the very least uncommon.

Also starting to question if I should even bother with the Pokemon amiibo now, considering how extremely limited they are for games & even then, I only have nostalgia from Pikachu, Charizard, & Mewtwo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Walmart posted their Chibi-Robo amiibo, ships on "12/1"--

http://www.walmart.com/ip/i/4601043...15000974130318820301&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

I think I'm going to stick with my GameStop.com order unless y'all think this is a better idea....

Don't do it! GS has been A LOT better, so just keep that.

I complain about damaged stuff all the time and I have yet to be banned. There was a point where every single game they sent me over a few month period was damaged because of the shitty bubble mailers they use. I also constantly complained and sent them pictures of the damaged items before I opened them though so maybe that helped.

Yeah I stopped ordering LEs from Amazon a couple years ago. I was tired seeing them cheap out with bubble mailers and complained several times. Especially stuff like XSEED and Atlus ones, which aren't exactly sturdy to withstand getting tossed around in the mail with little protection :/ In store Gamestop pickups for me with that.

Wanderer5

That sucks. I see how it goes on Tuesday when I get mine, but thankfully stuff from amazon had came in okay usually, through I had a crushed Project Mirai launch box last week.-.-

(Is that a Breaker avatar, or least something from Jin-Hwan Park?:p)

Triz

I contacted Amazon about the damaged 8 bit Mario, those crazy cats refunded the whole item price. How can you hate them lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Roger that. Thanks Curler! Just to clarify I did it online for in-store pickup, if that makes a difference at all.

Yeah I did the same and the location I go to know me and have some great people working there, so I'm rest assured :) Unless some shipping mishap happens :/

I contacted Amazon about the damaged 8 bit Mario, those crazy cats refunded the whole item price. How can you hate them lol.

Thing is that they don't learn and will continue putting stuff in crappy packaging :/ Refunds and such are just an easy fix, but you would think complaints + refunds and returns = future better packaging so they won't lose more money, but I dunno.

Yarbskoo

I walked into Walmart looking for amiibo after they disappointed me online. No Ganondorfs, but they had eight Zero Suits so I picked one up.
THIID0O.png

Aside from the banana hair and hot glue stand, I think she looks pretty good.
SzlQLdH.png
pTGsD9J.png

There's a lot of details on the gun, wrists, and boots, both sculpted and painted.
ppGdP61.png
xq5Kq2p.png
tulgSfb.png

Face doesn't look too bad either.
hWGL0Z9.png

Overall decent figure, worth the trip. Now I just need a Ganondorf.

And a Shulk.

Korosenai

Been out of the amiibo game for a couple months and have some questions:

1. Will Palutena ever get a re-stock?

2. Is Olimar not rare? He's on amazon right now for for msrb.

3. Where do I get the 8-bit mario amiibo from?

4. Where will I be able to buy the Mewtwo amiibo when it comes out?

edit: Also, ZSS and Ganondorf. My sister would want a ZSS and my brother loves Ganondorf

I saw a few at Gamestop when I was out looking for Ganondorfs.

Well that's good for me, as he was one of my most wanted ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom