• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
And I am done with the Amazon amiibos for today. :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Got Classic 8-bit Mario, but I'm being charged $7.20 shipping and handling despite buying it with another thing that was eligible for free shipping at $35. Chatting with an Amazon rep now.

[edit] Apparently the problem is with the other thing I bought. It says on its product page that it's eligible for free shipping on orders of $35 or more, but the Amazon rep is telling me that it's not eligible, but because I'm a "valuable customer" she's refunding me the shipping charges anyway. No, I should be refunded the charges because I'm RIGHT and Amazon is trying to RIP ME OFF

weevles

damn must be popular--8-bit mario has sold out quickly on every site. The only amiibo that I couldn't get so far that wasn't an exclusive in this wave.

Lookie401

Damn. Should had kept time. Was too busy with Super Mario Maker. lol

Welp, I have a backup from Target. I wanted to order another one just in case Target screw up the packaging. :p

Isotope

Decided I wanted Olimar, and was very surprised he was up for as long as he was, so I snagged one. Overall, this was a pretty good day for me!

Boogiepop

Gone in 6 minutes lol

Well, better than Lucina/Robin which didn't even show up at all for a large chunk of people (myself included), and that was with the times randomized!

But yeah, we're not quite there to good stocking yet, that's for sure. Sorry to hear that for all the people who still needed it.

Capra

The amazon page seems to be bugging out. Earlier it said they had Ganondorf stock when they didn't. If you check the amazon megathread on r/amiibo the rep there says Classic Mario's sold out.

so like 3rd time asking... is there any news on jr and the rest of wave 5 appearing on toysrus.com, a simple "we don't know" would be nice, Would rather not go by TRU tmrw and check, its annoying to get over there.

Was able to snag 8-bit Mario off Amazon which was the one I wanted the most and apparently hardest to find according to some employees I talked to.

The Toys R Us employee said that the Nintendo rep has told them repeatedly that they are working on being able to make things go smoother in the future but said other than Bowser Jr. that they barely got any in. Target had the same story but replace Bowser Jr. with Dr. Mario.

I got lucky at Best Buy as they had 3 Zero Suit Samus, 2 Olimar, and 1 Ganon left by this afternoon. They also surprisingly only had 1 Super Mario Maker on display and were almost wiped clean of the sale promo games.

Man...I wasn't even really hunting tbh....
Gc5TlAi.jpg

I couldn't afford any amiibos today. Guess thats what I get to thinking the 30th anniversary of Nintendo's Mascot would be common. :/

And Ganondorf too. I hope they become more common later on.

Olimar is most common with ZSS in second. Mass hysteria I tell ya. I guess Miyamoto bias (with Olimar) is stronger than Sakurai bias.

Atleast I preordered Retro 3 Pack.

And Charizard is now regularly on amazon. So maybe I can get Charizard and Olimar next month when I get money if nothing else.

Gotta save up for Shovel Knight. Won't miss that. I really need to try and get a Jiggly since she's my most wanted after the Retro Pack. But any Amiibo I buy is no money for games. Will get Corpse Party: Blood Drive no matter what but Persona 5, Zelda Triforce Heroes, Neptunia Spin offs, and Mario Maker could be bought instead of amiibos, i need to stop the hysteria! Must buy games AAHHH!!

vazel

Banned
I'm happy I got a Classic Mario amiibo. I set three different notifications for myself; my alarm clock, a Cortana reminder in win10, and nowinstock.net's browser alert.

Also, I noticed medicom is bringing their Nintendo figurines over to the states. Good on them for capitalizing on amiibo hype.

Rizific

good day for me. was able to get olimar/zss online at walmart, dorf online at gamestop, stood in line for an hour at tru for bowser jr, stopped by target around 1230 and picked up dr mario. i was 29th in line at tru, but by the time i got to the front they still had some of everyone left.

shaowebb

Wow. Just got back from the mall and I popped by Toys R Us. They still had a 4 olimar, Dorf, ZSS, and like 10 baby bowsers.

Again...Bridgeport WV Toys R US. Home of Banjos and amiibo apparently. Oh and a shitload of splatoon figures too. No 3 packs though. Target eventually sold out the Dr Marios too.

Also, I noticed medicom is bringing their Nintendo figurines over to the states. Good on them for capitalizing on amiibo hype.

I saw their figure of Zelda 1 Link:

It's beautiful...

Edit: Damn amiibos getting me into collecting Zelda figures, I now regret not upgrading my pre-orders of Wind Waker HD and Majora's Mask 3D to the limited editions for the Toon Ganondorf and Skull Kid figures.

Edit 2: Their Skyward Sword figure looks nice also.

Classic Mario shipped from Walmart thankfully but Dorf and ZSS are still processing. Anyone else who ordered online from Walmart still waiting in limbo?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Glad everyone had such easy experiences! I went to my Target and BB, both of which had plenty of everyone except Classic Mario. Got him and the silly Target puzzle cube and picked up SMM from BB. Just goes to show you that actual stock
and low eBay flipping profit
means less insanity.

I also made my first super cool level in SMM:

Can you dig it?
86D4-0000-0019-89D

I'm happy I got a Classic Mario amiibo. I set three different notifications for myself; my alarm clock, a Cortana reminder in win10, and nowinstock.net's browser alert.

Those UDF figures are amazing. Perfectly scaled with amiibo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom