• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

Wowza, just stopped into Target for the first time since Friday and they still had Dr. Marios on the shelf. The Rosalinas and Jigglypuffs definitely sold out at my store within the first day (Rosie sold out immediately ...I was there), so I definitely wasn't expecting it.

The doc wasn't on my must-own list, but I've literally never passed up an opportunity to buy a Smash amiibo that I didn't own at MSRP. So.....I got him.

Nintendo owns my soul.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
2 weeks until retro 3-pack... Mii 3-pack will be out a month later... I wonder if these will be exclusive? I feel like they will because I doubt the demand will be too too high for them, making them go to a single retailer.

Been out of the amiibo game for a couple months and have some questions:

1. Will Palutena ever get a re-stock?

2. Is Olimar not rare? He's on amazon right now for for msrb.

3. Where do I get the 8-bit mario amiibo from?

4. Where will I be able to buy the Mewtwo amiibo when it comes out?

edit: Also, ZSS and Ganondorf. My sister would want a ZSS and my brother loves Ganondorf

Well that's good for me, as he was one of my most wanted ones.

Not sure where you live, but Nintendo World in New York City frequently re-stocks amiibos (rare ones too). Otherwise I'd check Amazon frequently as the price will fluctuate based on demand, but you should be able to find some of the rarer ones for not much over MSRP.

zroid

Banned
I walked into Walmart looking for amiibo after they disappointed me online. No Ganondorfs, but they had eight Zero Suits so I picked one up.
THIID0O.png

Aside from the banana hair and hot glue stand, I think she looks pretty good.
SzlQLdH.png
pTGsD9J.png

There's a lot of details on the gun, wrists, and boots, both sculpted and painted.
ppGdP61.png
xq5Kq2p.png
tulgSfb.png

Face doesn't look too bad either.
hWGL0Z9.png

Overall decent figure, worth the trip. Now I just need a Ganondorf.

And a Shulk.

Still waiting for mine to ship, but that honestly looks a lot better than I was expecting.

only the hands are kinda weird with those sausage fingers

Yarbskoo

Still waiting for mine to ship, but that honestly looks a lot better than I was expecting.

only the hands are kinda weird with those sausage fingers

The sausage fingers are pretty lame. Zelda and Rosalina also would have looked better without them.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Been out of the amiibo game for a couple months and have some questions:

1. Will Palutena ever get a re-stock?

2. Is Olimar not rare? He's on amazon right now for for msrb.

3. Where do I get the 8-bit mario amiibo from?

4. Where will I be able to buy the Mewtwo amiibo when it comes out?

edit: Also, ZSS and Ganondorf. My sister would want a ZSS and my brother loves Ganondorf

Well that's good for me, as he was one of my most wanted ones.

Answers

1) I have no doubt that there will be some available at the Nintendo World Store at some point, but other than that I think it's anyone's guess. Never before has there been an Amazon exclusive Amiibo. It could be like Jigglypuff and Ness and we will see a massive restock, or it could be like Lucario, never seen again.

2) Right now Olimar seems to be one of the more widely available this wave, so yes, right now its probably safe to say he's common. If there's anything I've learned about Amiibos though, you can never tell what the future will bring. Not too long ago Ness was considered rare and Samus was common, now Samus is hard to get and you can't give Ness away. So if you want an Olimar, no reason not to get him now.

3) The 8 bit Mario, however, seems to be the rarest of this wave. Classic mario had the lowest stock it seems, and there's no word on when, if ever, it will be restocked. Modern 8 bit mario is rumored to be released on it's own in October. Just like other amiibos, nobody knows if classic 8-bit will be continually restocked or never seen again. There have been amiibos like Sheik, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, and Sonic that were hard to find after launch but then were continually restocked.

4) As far as I know there has been no word about the Mewtwo availability. It could be everywhere, or a retailer exclusive.

extra: It's often tough to tell at launch which amiibos will be common or rare. Right now Gannon is with 8 bit as the hardest to find of this wave, but it will be at least a week before we know for sure. Some people are still reporting finding zss at Toys R Us mainly, Gannon seems more rare but there have been reports of some people finding them at Toys R Us, and one or two have seen him randomly at Walmart. So keep watch. If you end up striking out check back here, a lot of gaffers get extras and are more than happy to send them to people at cost plus shipping.

leroidys

Yes, I am really impressed with a bunch of the recent amiibos. The inkling ones are great too.

lol you can probably get a replacement OR a partial refund of 10 or 30 % depending.

Maybe I'll try this... Do you use the "Refund and cancellation requests" option?

I complain about damaged stuff all the time and I have yet to be banned. There was a point where every single game they sent me over a few month period was damaged because of the shitty bubble mailers they use. I also constantly complained and sent them pictures of the damaged items before I opened them though so maybe that helped.

Thanks for setting me at ease! I preordered the Tales of Zestiria CE from them and I was paranoid about being banned for complaining about that because I already know they'll eff that up.

And I'm looking for an classic 8-Bit or Ganondorf for MSRP + shipping

Persona7

Banned
Maybe I'll try this... Do you use the "Refund and cancellation requests" option?

I do the online chat option usually by going here

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/

and then I scroll down and click "Need more help?" and then "contact us". You can also send a email or talk on the phone. The automated return system might work as well if you want a replacement but if they don't have stock you will probably have to contact support.

Dezner

:eek:

I finally got around to my local GameStop today and I did see at least one Ganondorf and 2 Olimars. No Zero Suits to "inspect" in person. :( :p

But holy hell, there was even one Ness and a few Spatoon 3-Packs too, along with the Girl and Boy Inklings. :D

My friend hopefully got his confirmation for 2 ZSS's he ordered for himself and for me early Friday morning from Wally Mart online. Can't wait! :eek:

Shauni

2) Right now Olimar seems to be one of the more widely available this wave, so yes, right now its probably safe to say he's common. If there's anything I've learned about Amiibos though, you can never tell what the future will bring. Not too long ago Ness was considered rare and Samus was common, now Samus is hard to get and you can't give Ness away. So if you want an Olimar, no reason not to get him now.

Wait, really? Was there some kind of massive restock or something? I remember Ness vanished really fast.

Chucker

Wait, really? Was there some kind of massive restock or something? I remember Ness vanished really fast.

I want to say it was about a month or two after release. The same time DeDeDe started showing up too.

Went to TRU for my daughter, they had 20+ Bowser Jr's, so I snagged one.

Amiibos on the shelf do weird things to me, man.

Shauni

Really wasn't aware of that. Pretty cool. I was even there for the great Ness crash at GS when he first went up for pre-order.

Velcro Fly

Got the Mii fighters and 8 bit Mario coming from Tenso this week

Got the retro 3 pack preordered already

Got Chibi robo bundle preordered

Got all three colors of Yarn Yoshi still in packaging sitting on my stairs

I'm good until at least November other than the cards

I'm just so stressed about these damn cards lol

Just hope the AC figures come out in a timely fashion in Japan so I can import them. No way am I playing NoA's game with 3 packs and exclusive to buying the game bullshit. No way no how.

Lucario had a small restock but I remember it was spotted in like middle America lol , that was odd

Nintendo of America needs to reprint these 8 bit amiibos asap , I got mine yesterday and it looks amazing and my cousin came over and said it looked amazing and that she wanted one

Lowest is like $35 on Amazon currently lol
This 8 bit is heavy lol but awesome

LiK

Yayyyy, my package from amazon is here!

Goddamnit.

email them and also submit a photo of that in the packaging feedback. they'll most likely refund you.

Lucario had a small restock but I remember it was spotted in like middle America lol , that was odd

Nintendo of America needs to reprint these 8 bit amiibos asap , I got mine yesterday and it looks amazing and my cousin came over and said it looked amazing and that she wanted one

Lowest is like $35 on Amazon currently lol
This 8 bit is heavy lol but awesome

I dunno about NA but it seems there's a shitload of the Retro Marios in Japan. Kohler posted a pic of one store and they had a ton of them.

Yeah, the Classic Mario Amiibo is great. Probably my favorite so far. I have a Modern one coming today from Play-Asia. It was $35 with shipping, but a small price compared to what you have to pay to get one here in the states.

Yayyyy, my package from amazon is here! Goddamnit.

This made me physically cringe. Ugh.
It's weird, sometimes you'll have really great luck with stuff and they'll come all nice (like all the stuff i've been getting from Target) and then other times....lmao

You should definitely go and report it to Amazon. They often times will refund you the entire purchase or you could potentially replace it too. When I got an exclusive Skylander from them a while back, I told them about and was like "i'd be happy to send it back" but they said to keep it, and they refunded me the money.

zeemumu

I managed to come across a Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf figure at the store yesterday. I'm not collecting them as actively as everyone else but I will get them if they're the less common ones, and that was the last Ganondorf in the store. That puts me up to 4 with the Link and regular Samus that I got when amiibos first started.

i want the modern retro mario, wheres my modern retro mario NoA?! Im salty TRU never put Bowser Jr on their website, they really meant it when they said no online orders :( RIP getting Jr

JavyOO7

i want the modern retro mario, wheres my modern retro mario NoA?! Im salty TRU never put Bowser Jr on their website, they really meant it when they said no online orders :( RIP getting Jr

My buddy checked the TRU by my place and said there was a bit of Bowser Jr's still. But I'm lucky that I have a few TRU's near my home and place of work. Not all hope is lost though if you don't have a TRU near you... you can always look at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011I4APHY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Or just sign up with Tenso and use amazon.co.jp. Bowser Jr is approx $16.40 USD.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Scalpers have given up because all amiibo are like $30 max. After fees and shipping they aren't making a profit worth a damn haha

It's funny because you know who the true heroes are for that? NoJ. Soooo many restocks and with so many ending up on Amazon for like $20ish free shipping, I think that might have deterred many, since the rares were finally getting reprints and their copies getting devalued.

Not sure if old, but Amiibo restocks incoming?

COpWZ8jUYAALHc7.png

When was this?! :D. I sure as hell haven't seen it.

It's funny because you know who the true heroes are for that? NoJ. Soooo many restocks and with so many ending up on Amazon for like $20ish free shipping, I think that might have deterred many, since the rares were finally getting reprints and their copies getting devalued.

Lol exactly, even buying Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. Is cheaper or around the same price as buying it off of Target or TRU's website.

Anyone here still looking for Bowser Jr.? We have a few near my hometown, and I'll ship to you (all I ask is that you cover shipping and my gas. :-D

I help maintain the B/S/T thread on GAF, so trust the dude who conducts the crazy train.

illadelph

Anyone else ever have issues with an amiibo not scanning? I just scanned my entire collection to work with Mario Maker, but my Inkling Girl wouldn't work at all. I tried her in Splatoon and Amiibo's Greatest Bits, and still nothing.

Managed to find a Ganon in GS. All I need is classic 8-bit now. Haven't really seen any creepy, middle aged men (scalpers) out buying Amiibo for this wave

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It is a surprising wave... went to the Target I waited at last week and they still have like 20 Dr. Marios on the shelf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom