• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

When those links were posted on line, I too did a double take on the price. I was also weary on preordering them from Walmart since so many people had problems with them from the last wave. If they get canceled because of the pricing error, so be it.

Yoshi’s Woolly World launches Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $49.99. The game will also be available in a bundle that includes a green Yarn Yoshi amiibo at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The green Yarn Yoshi is available as part of the bundle, with individual pink and light-blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo also launching on Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $16.99 each.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Xo-MrjjuiHwbJw0VVFVBjjYd6GHs6hgb

Wait, Green will only be available in the bundle? Argh! I'm in a bind then. I preordered Yoshi's Woolly World at Best Buy to get the 30th anniversary button collection, but they didn't have the bundle. So now I've got the game alone without a bundle. If I cancel my preorder, I lose out on the buttons.

Wait, Green will only be available in the bundle? Argh! I'm in a bind then. I preordered Yoshi's Woolly World at Best Buy to get the 30th anniversary button collection, but they didn't have the bundle. So now I've got the game alone without a bundle. If I cancel my preorder, I lose out on the buttons.

That's why I preordered Star Fox Zero...
except now Star Fox doesn't come out until next year and the buttons should be sent before then... do I still get the buttons?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshi’s Woolly World launches Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $49.99. The game will also be available in a bundle that includes a green Yarn Yoshi amiibo at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The green Yarn Yoshi is available as part of the bundle, with individual pink and light-blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo also launching on Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $16.99 each.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Xo-MrjjuiHwbJw0VVFVBjjYd6GHs6hgb

Darn and Walmart sold them for under MSRP? I wonder if they are known for making a mistake and then cancelling, just to correct the price? :/ Still, would be great if people got them for that price. I sad I missed it :/

TheGrue

I mean....they're buttons. Seems obvious that you can safely live without them. ;)

KitSnicket

Neo Member

I'm in a similar situation. I have the non-bundle Wooly World ordered at best buy for $30. If I cancel it in order to get the bundle, I'm essentially paying $25 just for the Amiibo.

It is possible that, like SMB mario and Modern 8 bit it will be available unbundled later. So you can always wait for that.

The other option, which is what I'm going to do, is get the Mega Yarn Yoshi and count that as my Green yoshi.

They corrected the price on the Yoshi amiibo.

And then I realized I put the wrong shipping address and they cant change it.

Does anybody know how walmart usually ships packages at the standard speed? Fedex?

hawk2025

Chibi Robo is gone from Amazon.

I still don't have the Yoshi Wooly Bundle, and couldn't get the Blue one. Couldn't get the Classic Mario Amiibo.

Damn it. This is all hopeless. I think it's time to just let it go and move on.

Drago

Amazon Josh on Reddit is saying that the Chibi Robo bundle unavailability is an error and that they still have plenty more. Just hold tight til it goes back up if you missed it

He was also saying that the Woolly World bundle would be up very, very soon, perhaps not today but within the next week I'd wager

Bane

So, I just got into Amiibo with the release of the 30 Anniversary Mario and have some questions. This newest wave that came out has been pretty hard for me to find, is that just how it will always be or is it because it's new? In time will it get easier to find them?

All I know of Amiibo is all various stories you used to see about how some were a nightmare to find but I thought that had eased up since people started importing the JP versions.

Regarding the AC cards, is it expected that they will be hard tot find as well? And how much is a pack expected to be and how many cards are in the set?

Thanks for any help.

spookyfish

Amazon Josh on Reddit is saying that the Chibi Robo bundle unavailability is an error and that they still have plenty more. Just hold tight til it goes back up if you missed it

He was also saying that the Woolly World bundle would be up very, very soon, perhaps not today but within the next week I'd wager

That would be cool. Save me some GameStop shipping money.

Regarding the AC cards, is it expected that they will be hard tot find as well? And how much is a pack expected to be and how many cards are in the set?

I wouldn't hold my breath on Nintendo's getting its ish together all of a sudden ...

Velcro Fly

They seem to be producing a good amount of Chibi Robo amiibo bundles so there is some hope for the AC cards

Hoping the amiibo GAF community and the AC GAF community can come together to get a trading network going.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, now I just remembered my friend's wife is into Animal Crossing (though no idea if they're gonna try & bother with the amiibo line-up, the cards, or that upcoming designer game), so I wonder if I can get a 2nd Villager during the restock from either TRU's site or whatever or if the 1 per character limit will still apply.

atomsk

Party Pooper
put in an amazon order for Chibi Robo, though I'd rather use GCU at Best Buy.

maybe that'll go up in the next 3 weeks, but I feel better at least having a preorder.

Boogiepop

Locked in the Yoshi on Amazon as well. Now to cancel the Gamestop stuff, and then hope I can get in with BB so I can cancel these as well! But yeah, this is one step better than GS, at least.

LegendX48

Dunno how it is for you guys but my local target basically restocked the entire wave (5) and had everybody there excluding Bowser Jr. Finally got me a Retro Mario :3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, quick checked my Meijer & they had two Olimar, then a guy came by to restock ZSS & 8-bit Mario (I think one or two each?), plus FOUR of the Splatoon 3-pack. Even more amazing was the fact they were being sold for $30 instead of the usual $35.

hawk2025

Got the Chibi Robo + Yoshi Wooly World bundles pre-ordered at last.

Now I just need to find a classic Mario online, and I'll be done for the foreseeable future.

Dunno how it is for you guys but my local target basically restocked the entire wave (5) and had everybody there excluding Bowser Jr. Finally got me a Retro Mario :3

Thanks for the heads up.
I was going to head straight home after work, but decided to make a quick stop to my nearest Target.

Lo and behold, 3-4 Classic Mario were there, so I got one.
Need to cancel my Gamestop.com order if I can.

I hate to do it but I'm going to wait for Best Buy, or Target if I can get the Yarn Yoshis and the bundle. It's much more worth it to save 20% thanks to GCU or 5% with RedCard.

Plus the bundle is technically my birthday present from my wife, she loved Yoshi's Story and we intend to play through this game co-op :)

DooD1234

some people are saying their targets just restocked all of wave 5 b except the exclusives of course
Oh okay. Eh, I'm too lazy to check my local Target for classic 8 bit mario. I'm just going to wait for Gamestop to ship mines.

Anyone know when Modern 8 bit Mario become available separately from the Wii U bundle if at all?

Bane

I hate to do it but I'm going to wait for Best Buy, or Target if I can get the Yarn Yoshis and the bundle. It's much more worth it to save 20% thanks to GCU or 5% with RedCard.

If BB puts them up, I'll cancel my Amazon orders in a heartbeat. It's just a nice peace of mind thing in case I miss them.

Anyone know when Modern 8 bit Mario become available separately from the Wii U bundle if at all?

Oct. 23rd, last I heard.

DooD1234

Oct. 23rd, last I heard.
Okay. Just need to be patient. I'm a little tempted to get a modern mario amiibo off a third party seller on Amazon for $25 but I think I'm going to be patient.

I pre-ordered Chibi Robo from Amazon. I want Best Buy to put it up, along with Yoshi so I can get that GCU discount
You, me, and everyone else. Reason why I feel Best Buy feels like it pretty much no longer stocking amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom