• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwad

Wal-Mart is a nightmare. I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking what the deal is with the 8-bit Mario amiibo I ordered last Thursday night the minute he went live, and that has still never progressed past "order processing", and they told me to try to cancel the order because that might "unstick it from the processing stage." But that it also might just cancel the order.

I'm so not getting him.

I was in the same boat as you man. I canceled the order and it indeed canceled the order. It did not unstick anything

Camjo-Z

I said I wasn't interested in Olimar cuz he sucks in Smash 4 but... I saw one at Gamestop today and had to grab it. He just looks too cool!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if Pikmin 4 will use the Olimar amiibo in some form.

& now that Capcom has made use of the Mega Man amiibo, Sega needs to confirm a game that makes use of Sonic (though willing to bet Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 will in some form).

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They still had preorders available? Pretty much all the ones around me sold there's out in the first two days.

I got lucky... Two Gamestops I called about this said they were still taking preorders.
You should check your email or bank, I was charged today and I picked standard shipping.

I'm so excited for Duck Hunt. :)

Just checked my PayPal, the order is still pending.

Rizific

Wal-Mart is a nightmare. I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking what the deal is with the 8-bit Mario amiibo I ordered last Thursday night the minute he went live, and that has still never progressed past "order processing", and they told me to try to cancel the order because that might "unstick it from the processing stage." But that it also might just cancel the order.

I'm so not getting him.
I'm also in this boat with my zss and olimar order. Stuck on processing with no progress since I ordered. I got an email today from Walmart that said thank you for your order. But the email contained nothing but purchase suggestions. Weird.

Muzy72

Banned
I wonder if Pikmin 4 will use the Olimar amiibo in some form.

& now that Capcom has made use of the Mega Man amiibo, Sega needs to confirm a game that makes use of Sonic (though willing to bet Mario & Sonic Olympics 2016 will in some form).
I wouldn't even be shocked if Mario & Sonic even has its own amiibo line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't even be shocked if Mario & Sonic even has its own amiibo line.
Yeah, I'm sure Sega would agree just so they can make amiibo based on Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc.

I'm still kind of surprised Sega or Capcom hasn't made more characters. Sega could make more Sonic amiibo & Capcom either Mega Man (Roll, Protoman, Dr. Wily, Rush, etc.) or Street Fighter.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I noticed now Walmart has the Yarn Yoshis listed at MSRP for $16.96. Did anyone that order get theirs cancelled? I'm curious if they are going to honor the old price.

Skrams

I guess my ZSS and Olimar are doomed to be in processing forever. Ganondorf and a Pacman seems like they're the only ones that made it to the store. Or maybe Walmarts lying to me and they're all there. No idea.

So I noticed now Walmart has the Yarn Yoshis listed at MSRP for $16.96. Did anyone that order get theirs cancelled? I'm curious if they are going to honor the old price.

I haven't gotten it canceled yet. It's just in the processing stage. Same price of 12.96 is still there just like before.

Nintendo strikes against collectors and nib people again looks like the amiibo festival game has Isabelle and digby coming as just figures and not in separate boxes.

They could probably have a box that fits both.

Based on this picture it looks like they won't as u can see the game case behind the Amiibo which means there in a completely clear price of plastic and not a box. Then there is chibi robo where the bundle isn't much bigger than a standard 3ds game which means that prolly not in a box either.

91eBenXoUAL._SL1500_.jpg

Can I ask a.stupid question? I don't open my amiibos, I buy them to collect and display. I bought a second Dr mario and opened to put on my desk (I am a physician ). I am taking him to the office on monday. I already scanned him and got his costume for mario maker. What about smash bross? Do I need to scan only once or do I need to keep the amiibo around and scan every time I play the game? Can I use him for both 3ds and Wii u version?

ZombieLPK

Can I ask a.stupid question? I don't open my amiibos, I buy them to collect and display. I bought a second Dr mario and opened to put on my desk (I am a physician ). I am taking him to the office on monday. I already scanned him and got his costume for mario maker. What about smash bross? Do I need to scan only once or do I need to keep the amiibo around and scan every time I play the game? Can I use him for both 3ds and Wii u version?

To use it in Smash Bros you would need to keep it around since it writes the character data onto the figure. It can be used on both versions.

zroid

Banned
man the Isabelle fig is adorb but since I'm already getting her amiibo card with HHD I'm just not sure if it's worth jumping through hoops to get one (I'm not buying the festival bundle).

I got Brawler yesterday from Japan.

Surprised they actually bothered limiting the Smash Bros functionality to just Brawler. For some reason I wasn't expecting a new menu for Mii Amiibo that limits it to just Brawler. I thought they'd be three identical Mii Amiibo and you'd pick from there.

Also I have no idea how other games would use the Mii Amiibos. They might end up being the most useless Amiibos of them all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Based on this picture it looks like they won't as u can see the game case behind the Amiibo which means there in a completely clear price of plastic and not a box. Then there is chibi robo where the bundle isn't much bigger than a standard 3ds game which means that prolly not in a box either.

91eBenXoUAL._SL1500_.jpg

Maybe it's a double pack? I doubt it. I wonder if those cards are exclusive to the bundle?

atr0cious

Just grabbed Dr Mario, olimar, and the dark dk sky landers set at the best target in the East bay area in alameda. They had a bunch of of zss, ganondorf, dr Mario, and olimar, still.

G0523

Just grabbed Dr Mario, olimar, and the dark dk sky landers set at the best target in the East bay area in alameda. They had a bunch of of zss, ganondorf, dr Mario, and olimar, still.

I forgot the new Skylanders came out today. Hopefully it won't be too long (or too expensive) till those Bowser and DK figures will be available separately. The DK one in particular looks pretty cool.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot the new Skylanders came out today. Hopefully it won't be too long (or too expensive) till those Bowser and DK figures will be available separately. The DK one in particular looks pretty cool.

Yeah I sure hope so. I'm not the biggest fans of them, but mainly for completionist' sake :p

JavyOO7

With the animal crossing cards being limited to 3 for pre order... it is what it is. I wouldn't doubt when I go to Gamestop this Friday that I'll be limited to just 3. I don't think there will be a box similar to Japan.

Isabelle and Digby are bundled with the game and don't see that changing anytime soon. I want the game, just not physical, so I'll be importing from Japan. Gotta keep an eye on amazon Japan. =p

I'm also waiting for pre orders on Mewtwo and Famicom ROB. They don't release until Oct 29. When pre orders first went up for eight bit Mario/Modern Mario/3 Mii fighters, it was 22 days from the release date. So I assume it'll be the same for those two.

I've made a terrible mistake. Never had any real interest in amiibo. I just wanted the 8 bit Mario for the nostalgia factor. Now a week later somehow I have the splatoon 3 pack, Dr, Mario, Olimar, Sonic and Pac-Man. And Mega Man and Silver Mario are on the way. I really can't get too into this, though. So that'll be it for awhile.

You can do in store preorders for the retro 3 pack, right? Does gamestop usually have extra stock on launch day?

JavyOO7

I've made a terrible mistake. Never had any real interest in amiibo. I just wanted the 8 bit Mario for the nostalgia factor. Now a week later somehow I have the splatoon 3 pack, Dr, Mario, Olimar, Sonic and Pac-Man. And Mega Man and Silver Mario are on the way. I really can't get too into this, though. So that'll be it for awhile.

You can do in store preorders for the retro 3 pack, right? Does gamestop usually have extra stock on launch day?

Online pre order not available anymore after being open for quite some time.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

You can go in person and ask if you can still pre order the 3 pack, if not, you may have to make a line on Friday to get one. No idea if they have enough stock for extras or just enough for pre orders.

Bane

Hello from another new collector. I thought Amiibo were cool when they were announced and wanted to collect certain ones as I thought they'd make a cool visual history of Nintendo. Then the distribution problems arose and I wanted nothing to do with it. I did at least still want to get the 30th anniversary Mario so picked it up that morning. Since then I now also have Mario Party Mario, Peach, Toad, Luigi, and Bowser; Pikachu, Ganondorf, Samus, Zelda, the Inklings, Toon Link, and Olimar. And the Retro 3 pack, Chibi-Robo, and Yarn Yoshi are on preorder with some card packs.

Seeing how the prices have come down some, that a number of the ones I wanted aren't too hard to find, and that most of the rare ones I do want are being re-issued soon is what tipped me over into getting into them. Now I just hope I can get those re-issues.

Velcro Fly

I tell myself I don't want whatever amiibo

And then more come out and I just want to buy everything

I'm shocked I haven't bought the Mario Party line yet. I thought about it real hard when Best Buy did the 2 for $20 a month or so ago.

Mega Yarn Yoshi I'm going to avoid I think. Told myself I wouldn't get the others and I already did. Telling myself I don't care about Famicom R.O.B. but yeah I'm probably going to get it if I can with Mewtwo.

Also hoping Falco doesn't get delayed to 2016 just because Starfox was. I'm thinking they still push it out this year to get all the non DLC smash fighters out within a year of the release of the game.

I'm super pumped about the retro 3 pack this Friday. All three are really fun to use in Smash and all three amiibo to me look fantastic. It seems like forever ago people worried about the quality of these things.

Looking forward to the future of amiibo in 2016 too with the rest of the DLC characters and maybe some new lines.

As the poster who replied already said, it's not up online anymore but you might still want to ask in store. You might get lucky, who knows. I'm surprised the pre-orders lasted as long as they did to be honest.

Hello from another new collector.
To both of you: One of us, one of us, one of us.

Gameboy415

So Diggeh, you got Dark DK and Bowser as well right right right?

I don't want to be the only one.

I ordered the Dark Edition Starter Set for Wii! :)
I figured this set might end up being harder to find than the others with it being an older-gen release and a TRU-exclusive so I wanted to secure a copy before it gets hard-to-find/pricey.

I plan to get the Dark Edition Starter Set for Wii U if I have some extra cash in the next few weeks and then grab the 3DS version and regular Wii U set (or just DK & his vehicle on eBay) when they go on sale.

Bane

I tell myself I don't want whatever amiibo

And then more come out and I just want to buy everything

Mega Yarn Yoshi I'm going to avoid I think. Told myself I wouldn't get the others and I already did. Telling myself I don't care about Famicom R.O.B. but yeah I'm probably going to get it if I can with Mewtwo.

I'm super pumped about the retro 3 pack this Friday. All three are really fun to use in Smash and all three amiibo to me look fantastic. It seems like forever ago people worried about the quality of these things.

Looking forward to the future of amiibo in 2016 too with the rest of the DLC characters and maybe some new lines.

While I've gotten a bunch in a short time it's all ones I initially wanted. I've a pretty specific selection I want and the rest I don't care much about so I've yet to fall super deep into the collecting hole.

For Yarn Yoshi I'm good with just the normal green one packed in with the game, don't need the rest. And I'm also really happy with the retro pack.

As for your quality comment, it does seem like it raised at some point. The oldest ones I have are Zelda and Samus and they are made out of softer plastic which led to softer sculpting in parts than more recent releases. That being said, Samus has really grown on me and is one of my favorites now. I also dig the less exaggerated poses of the newer ones.

I've seen Mewtwo mentioned with Famicom R.O.B. twice today, is Mewtwo Japan exclusive too?

To both of you: One of us, one of us, one of us.

Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

Velcro Fly

Not jp exclusive but I think they come out the same day so getting them both together makes more sense than importing just one amiibo

Draxal

I ordered the Dark Edition Starter Set for Wii! :)
I figured this set might end up being harder to find than the others with it being an older-gen release and a TRU-exclusive so I wanted to secure a copy before it gets hard-to-find/pricey.

I plan to get the Dark Edition Starter Set for Wii U if I have some extra cash in the next few weeks and then grab the 3DS version and regular Wii U set (or just DK & his vehicle on eBay) when they go on sale.

Yeah, I"m going to wait for black friday for the reg wii u set and 3ds set.

Black and silver/chrome Bowser/DK look amazing in person.

For you fine gents and ladies who picked up Skylanders Superchargers, we're having a thread party over in the OT and ya'll invited!

And Im just sitting here laughing so hard, my friend sent me a picture with "What have you done" captioned on it...he imported the green Yarn Yoshi as his first, and apparently has interest in the Mega one too. This is so exciting to me as my three closest friends have all hopped into the amiibo craze. I don't think I'm gonna get them to wait in lines all that much since they all work on friday morning but....it's nice to be able to share my collection and talk about it face to face with people. That's really what I enjoy a lot with the people I wait in line with locally, especially since many of them have braved the Cleveland weather with me at many of the wave launches.

I just can't believe that amiibo have had a social aspect to them. Its great. I'm not the only one, right?

EDIT: Woops thought i edited this into my other post. my bad...
I'm shocked I haven't bought the Mario Party line yet. I thought about it real hard when Best Buy did the 2 for $20 a month or so ago.

Also hoping Falco doesn't get delayed to 2016 just because Starfox was. I'm thinking they still push it out this year to get all the non DLC smash fighters out within a year of the release of the game.

MP is the only series i don't have all of them from yet. I ended up getting Toad at launch, got Luigi a few weeks ago from amazon for less than $10, and just picked up Yoshi about a week ago with a $5 off coupon from Best Buy, so just Mario, Bowser and Peach are left. I actually made more little stickers for other characters on my display and im kind of shocked we haven't heard of an announcement for like, DK, Rosalina and Wario MP figures.

Ideally if Nintendo was smart, we'd see Falco bumped up to launch along side like, the Miis and like Mewtwo or something so there's an actual "wave" and its not like Pitoo and Palutena where they were all that came out. Then, when Star Fox comes out, you ramp up production and have a huge restock of Fox, launch Falco and then work on the Arwing amiibo and get that out. Or ones of like Slippy or something if you wanna still work on the Arwing transformation thing more.

kirby_fox

Banned
Was at Meijer earlier, looks like they got a restock of Olimar, Inkling kids and Toad that they did not have the other day.

In case anyone is still looking for those and has a Meijer nearby.

Thoraxes

91eBenXoUAL._SL1500_.jpg

Man, I don't even want the game, but they know my weakness for an Isabelle figure.

Same with the K.K. Slider in the 3-pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom