• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when i went to TRU in the morning they had nothing from wave 5, just 2 marios and a bowser(the mario edition one). Anyone got a TRU near rm that still has and is willing to sell for retail price+shipping?

DooD1234

Hey I just realize, did anyone even buy the Skylanders Bowser and Donkey Kong? I completely forgot about them. I'm kind of curious how they look up close.

Boogiepop

Aw man, Gamestop won't let you cancel in-store pick-up preorders from their website? Darn. Guess I have to call or whatever, which is a shame but not the worst thing, as long as they're good about it of course.

Bane

Where did you hear that? The closest I've seen to a date is Nintendo.com listing its release date as Sep. 25th.

I honestly don't remember. It was a while ago before I really got into amiibo and I was just looking for info on the original color version. If Nintendo's site has that date I imagine it's correct.

carlos

sorry if this is common knowledge, but is chibi robo available without a game bundle?

also, I have an extra usa pit if anyone wants to trade for it.

edit:thanks for the fast response, sir
darn....not really feeling the game from what little has been shown....

Onaco

I wish I could get more than 3 packs, but my WM discount wouldn't go through if I made a different account. Oh well, I have 3 packs ordered from a week or so ago from B&H. I'm hoping my GCU will cover any Best Buy purchases. I kinda want to just buy an entire box of cards if that ever is an option. I've seen Amazon list 50 Japanese packs for over $200.

score my gamestop will be opening up at midnight for NBA and HHD so i can pick up my 3 pack and try and score some AC packs from there at midnight :) for those that want t know if there gamestop will be opening up at midnight chek here

http://www.gamestop.com/events

click the NBA 2k16 banner and input your zip code and then call to make sure they will allow you to pick it up at midnight.

Velcro Fly

In for 3 packs I guess

Better than nothing

Hoping for more opportunities to pick up packs from Best Buy and GameStop soon

I wonder if I could get away with putting in mutliple 3 pack orders or if they'd be cancelled...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, is there anywhere to pre-order from EU the Amiibo card binder-thing? I have my doubts that it will get localized in NA, so I'm considering an import.

Capra

Pre-ordered Chibi-Robo & Yarn Yoshi bundles just to have them there. Might cancel before release, but since Amazon doesn't charge until they ship it's a pretty safe deal.

I still can't believe green Yoshi is tied to the bundle. I had thought it would be the other way around, with one of the non-standard colors being bundle-exclusive. I guess no one can truly comprehend the inner machinations behind NoA's business decisions.

KingBroly

Banned
Picked up my Modern Mario amiibo package from Play Asia today. What I noticed immediately was that the packaging is the thinner packaging than the Classic 8-bit Mario I ordered from Target. So...is the Modern Mario in the Wal-mart bundle sized differently than the one stand alone one?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Preordered the Yoshi bundle from Amazon, and said the hell with it and grabbed imports of classic and modern Mario.

score my gamestop will be opening up at midnight for NBA and HHD so i can pick up my 3 pack and try and score some AC packs from there at midnight :) for those that want t know if there gamestop will be opening up at midnight chek here

http://www.gamestop.com/events

click the NBA 2k16 banner and input your zip code and then call to make sure they will allow you to pick it up at midnight.

I hope they let me do this at my local store too.

EDIT: kinda forgot i have school, gonna have to pass :(

HardRojo

Picked up my Modern Mario amiibo package from Play Asia today. What I noticed immediately was that the packaging is the thinner packaging than the Classic 8-bit Mario I ordered from Target. So...is the Modern Mario in the Wal-mart bundle sized differently than the one stand alone one?
Classic Mario from the US has the same package as Splatoon amiibo. I would expect Modern Mario's package to be the same size. Are the imports even thinner?

Man, I hate bundle exclusives. I like displaying all of my amiibo together but, if they're in a bundle, I have to display with my games!

When I bought the Mario Party 10 bundle, I opened the amiibo and put him with the others. Then, when the amiibo came out separately, I bought another one and put it back in with MP10. That's one solution, but what if they remain bundle-exclusive!!??

HardRojo

My Classic Mario sure wasn't in a thin package.
This is what we got over here (I'm from Peru but we get the same amiibo as the US), it's the same thinner package as the Splatoon amiibo. I'm guessing future amiibo that aren't from Smash will come in this package, unless they are way too big or something.
6hodrba.jpg

D-Stubbs

So last couple days I've stopped by Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. Each store had extra Olimar's but none of the rest of the wave besides Target still having Dr. Mario's. Is Olimar the most common one? Would never of bet on that.

willizle02

Neo Member
So last couple days I've stopped by Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop. Each store had extra Olimar's but none of the rest of the wave besides Target still having Dr. Mario's. Is Olimar the most common one? Would never of bet on that.

Might just be getting lucky, check back a couple days later and they'll probably disappear.

RomanceDawn

Anyone need a Charizard? Found one random Charizard hidden behind a ton of the latest wave.

I guess the same goes for Ganondirf, ZSS and Olimar. I have a chance to get them while I'm here at target.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hyrule Warriors Legends for 3DS confirmed to have amiibo support again, though no idea if it'll be the same as the Wii U version.

Maybe it'll make use of Zelda, Sheik, & Ganondorf amiibo, giving each of them their own unique unlock like Link.

Maengun1

Wal-Mart is a nightmare. I sent them an e-mail yesterday asking what the deal is with the 8-bit Mario amiibo I ordered last Thursday night the minute he went live, and that has still never progressed past "order processing", and they told me to try to cancel the order because that might "unstick it from the processing stage." But that it also might just cancel the order.

I'm so not getting him.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Okay, preordered the retro 3-pack at my local GS just in case my online order is cancelled. I'm getting this if it's the last thing I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom