• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Dr Mario, Jigglypuff, and Charizard arrived on my porch yesterday. I keep thinking I'll only pick up the ones I want then I just eventually pick up more and more. Also Target shipped them ridiculously well. Huge box and each had a good amount of bubblewrap around them. I didn't expect that really.

My ZSS and Olimar are still in processing at Walmart, but Ganondorf and Pacman are available for pickup. Pacman for the same reasons above. I'm going to be pretty bummed if ZSS and Olimar of all things are the ones that get canceled. I could of snagged Olimar off amazon all this time, but too bad about him being dead now.

Laws00

Just was at toys r us.

Im not into amiibo but bowser jr isnt rsre right? Had ALOT at my store
20150917_120353.jpg

The_Kid

Bowser Jr is certainly rare in Minnesota. Out of like the 5 Toys R Us we have, none have em. I don't think most Toys R Us here even have ZSS or Olimar.

Anyone in Houston know if any TRU has any Bowser Jr. stock? I didn't have any luck on launch day, and didn't have the time to look for him during the weekend. No, I'm lying, I checked out the biggest TRU here in Houston and they didn't have a single one in stock.

Rizific

the status of my walmart in store pick up for zss and olimar hasnt moved since i placed the order. still stuck on "processing" and says "should arrive by tuesday 9/15". am i already dead?

still no update for me. anyone else experiencing this? i should clarify, it was an online order and i picked the ship to store option.

ChrisD

My Target uas plenty of Dr's as well. Do you think some people just see it as another Mario variant?

That or people just don't want him. There are still seven of them at our Target - the same Target that has alwts sold EVERY bit of stock on these new amiibo launch days. Up until now, where the only characters that survived were a dozen Doctors.

HardRojo

My Target uas plenty of Dr's as well. Do you think some people just see it as another Mario variant?

I definitely see him as another Mario variant, that's why I haven't bothered yet and will save my money for restocks of rare amiibo like Pit and Little Mac. Anyone who doesn't have a Classic Mario should come to Peru, we got lots of them hanging in stores lol. I guess they brought a lot more than those that there pre-ordered.

I have almost filled my case that I'm keeping my amiibo in and I'll probably have to skip duck hunt because I still need ryu, Roy, and mewtwo. It's going be even worse if Lloyd places in the ballot

EDIT: Need Little Mac as well since I am a huge combat sports fan.

cacildo

I have two amiibos. Mario and yoshi

I do want to buy another one. They look great. They are kinda expensive where i live, but i could buy a sonic or sheik or luigi without any serious damage to my budget

However...

I hate the fact that amiibo is almost useless.

Im always expecting nintendo to suddenly announce "Amiiboland", the nintendo skylanders game

A game in which every amiibo unlocks its character to (hopefully) play an adventure 3d platformer

And really, it feels like it should have happened a long time ago. The amiibo funcionality in Smash is so lame it feels like something thrown together just to test if amiibo could be viable (and the test was obviously successful)

But such game simply dosent exist, and the fact that amiibo is almost useless in-game put me off from buying more amiibo

What do you think about the possibility of a Nintendo Skylanders game?

Does the bowser/donkey kong skylanders kinda kill any hope?

Crossposting from the pick-up thread, I got my Mii Fighter amiibo from Tenso today!

21483764502_65f82194ba_z.jpg

I have too many of these things and I'm running out of space for them, please help

Velcro Fly

Mario and the Miis arrived today. Flawless packaging from Amazon jp as always.

Hoping for the best with the amiibo cards. Still may take the day off work.

Insaniac

I have two amiibos. Mario and yoshi

I do want to buy another one. They look great. They are kinda expensive where i live, but i could buy a sonic or sheik or luigi without any serious damage to my budget

However...

I hate the fact that amiibo is almost useless.

Im always expecting nintendo to suddenly announce "Amiiboland", the nintendo skylanders game

A game in which every amiibo unlocks its character to (hopefully) play an adventure 3d platformer

And really, it feels like it should have happened a long time ago. The amiibo funcionality in Smash is so lame it feels like something thrown together just to test if amiibo could be viable (and the test was obviously successful)

But such game simply dosent exist, and the fact that amiibo is almost useless in-game put me off from buying more amiibo

What do you think about the possibility of a Nintendo Skylanders game?

Does the bowser/donkey kong skylanders kinda kill any hope?

Hard to say. I started amiibo collecting because I just have a big soft spot for Nintendo and their IPs, and smash bros. After that I decided I wanted all of the Smash Bros line. Other amiibos I will only buy if I really like the character or the amiibo functionality is worth it.

If you're tight on budget I'd say just don't bother unless you really see a reason to buy another one

cacildo

Hard to say. I started amiibo collecting because I just have a big soft spot for Nintendo and their IPs, and smash bros. After that I decided I wanted all of the Smash Bros line. Other amiibos I will only buy if I really like the character or the amiibo functionality is worth it.

If you're tight on budget I'd say just don't bother unless you really see a reason to buy another one

I totally understand that. If i had the money i would buy every amiibo too, just because they are beautiful

But since i dont, i keep this idea that i should only buy amiibos if they are useful.

I dont know, does it makes sense to anybody for nintendo to go "Heeey, you know those amiibos you have been buying like crazy all this time? Yeah, each one unlock a character in this new game we are releasing NOW!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
TRU is getting a restock of 80,000, yes, 80,000 Villager amiibo soon.
They're suppose to also be getting 28,000 Captain Falcons as well, according to Reddit.

Actually, considering the Animal Crossing line of amiibo &/or those cards are happening soon, makes sense for Villager to get a reprint now.

Now if TRU could finally freakin' put Bowser Jr. online, I'd get both of them in the same order.

Edit: Wow, now hearing reports of 26,000 Lucario AND Little Mac being restocked at TRU as well.

KingBroly

Banned
They're suppose to also be getting 28,000 Captain Falcons as well, according to Reddit.

Actually, considering the Animal Crossing line of amiibo &/or those cards are happening soon, makes sense for Villager to get a reprint now.

Now if TRU could finally freakin' put Bowser Jr. online, I'd get both of them in the same order.

Given the high number of both, I'm wondering if the restock is TRU exclusive.

EDIT:
26,000 each of Little Mac and Lucario have also been spotted in TRU's system

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing Lucario back up & questioning if I want him or not, I can't bring myself to care about the Pokemon amiibo anymore. Sure, part of me wants Pikachu, Charizard, & Mewtwo for nostalgia (I played Red/Blue & Silver/Gold as a kid, but after that, stopped caring about the main series), but looking at how damn useless they are for the most part, why should I buy them if the Pokemon Company is going to be so controlling of letting them be used in other games?

Hell, their costumes in Super Mario Maker suck because they don't have unique jump sounds, music, & such compared to everyone else. Even the 3rd party characters have jingles from their retrospective games.

KingBroly

Banned
Given where certain restocks are happening, if these restocks are exclusive to TRU, it makes me think that NOA will go with a restock-exclusive policy for amiibo to provide more stock but less variety at each store so there's more variety overall.

Like...(As an example)
Villager, Bowser Jr, Lucario, Greninja, Little Mac, Falcon at TRU
Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Fox, Samus, Ganondorf at BB
and so on.

This way, because there's so much less space in US stores, as well as being more stores overall, you have a better chance of going into a specific store and seeing one you want, especially since there are SO MANY different Smash amiibo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As long as they're available online, then that's fine by me. I just hate when they're in-store exclusive since some people might not have certain stores in town. I have a GS & Target very close to each other, but no TRU & Best Buy stores within a 30 mile range.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, 5 characters confirmed. Maybe the real reason why this wave was so small was to make room for all the restocks happening.

The only reason I'm FOR restocks is that it drives down all prices and lets me buy from Amazon at a slightly higher price. If Little Mac shows up at TRU, how am I supposed to know and buy it for MSRP?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Have fun with grabbing restocks guys :) Glad they are finally coming back! I'll be waiting for the Miis, Mewtwo, Falco, and whenever the heck Japanese ROB will go up for pre-order >_>

VICI0US

the target restocks are real!

after missing ZSS, Olimar, Ganondorf, and Classic Mario due to walmart effing me I just picked up all 4 at one of the local targets.

potato quality pic of the gang with bonus curious cat

also for anyone still missing ganon, zss, or olimar they're up on otakumode.com, I've never used them but r/amiibo says they're legit.

Olimar: https://otakumode.com/shop/55c917945f790f0f305d8e3d/Pikmin-Olimar-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-US-Ver

ZSS: https://otakumode.com/shop/55c917945f790f0f305d8e40/Zero-Suit-Samus-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-US-Ver

Ganondorf: https://otakumode.com/shop/55c917945f790f0f305d8e3a/Ganondorf-amiibo-Super-Smash-Bros-US-Ver

The_Kid

So if someone happens to find some spare bowser jrs Id be happy to pay for them plus shipping. Me and my boyfriend are kind of on our witts end looking for him :/

STUPID GAMESTOP for NO reason I keep on getting this message

Oops! We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom