• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane

I'm pretty stoked about Villager and Mac getting re-issued. I think Zappy was asking about an estimated date though.

I still can't believe that Villager restock. Never saw one in the wild and the thought of seeing so many would blow my mind. I don't believe there's a set date though.

Just bought a used Fox from somebody in an amiibo group I'm in. Finally got one, paid a little more than waiting to see what happens with the supposed restock for piece of mind.

Boogiepop

Hm. Got a preorder in, but that really sucks to have to go out of my way to pick it up, since that's not my usual BB. Not horribly so, but still. Also kind of worried about how firm that preorder will hold because my experiences with BB employees in store has usually... not had them come across as super competent. I still have the Amazon one, so I guess it's time to figure out how much the discount is worth the inconvenience...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Got an order in for the Yoshi bundle and cancelled the Amazon one I placed as a back up in case I missed getting it from BB with GCU.

I also got my import classic and modern 8bit Marios today. So a good Amiibo day!

Muzy72

Banned
The nearest store to pick up the Woolly World is 38 miles away. >_>

Will stick to my Amazon pre-order for now. Not driving that far for GCU. Hopefully there'll be a shipping option for the Woolly World and Chibi-Robo bundles.

Wish I could preorder the AC cards for in-store pickup alongside my game preorder but I guess I'll just try to show up near when they open and hope there's still a few packs left.

I don't want to collect all the cards but like 2 or 3 packs would be nice.

Velcro Fly

Wish I could preorder the AC cards for in-store pickup alongside my game preorder but I guess I'll just try to show up near when they open and hope there's still a few packs left.

I don't want to collect all the cards but like 2 or 3 packs would be nice.

walmart had them up for preorder with a limit of 3

assuming you don't get any doubles 18 is a solid start

Amalthea

Banned
My big fat Amiibo-haul:
ttYJZLL.jpg
R.O.B. is just too cute.

LiK

dammit, Yoshi only available for store pickup and none of my stores are available. lame. gonna keep my Amazon preorder.

atomsk

Party Pooper
woke up to a page-change email for Chibi on BB... but it's still not up for sale.

c'mon BB, any time when I'm awake would be great

That feel when i remember about having to drop over $100 on friday for my two amiibo packs and animal crossing.

vpv6TLh.gif

Actually i'm really excited. To anyone who ordered the cards from Walmart, do you think they'll actually ship out earlier? I was given an expected date of Oct 2nd which is a full week from launch. ;-;

G0523

I just got a message from Amazon saying that the Chibi-Robo amiibo bundle has been delayed to October 13 because of the publisher. Did anyone else get this message?

Yeah, I was wondering if I should have made a new thread to say that Chibi Robo got delayed a week.
It doesn't bother me that much, but yeah NoA strikes again.

Edit: Gamestop still says 9th, so we shall see. I got it in-store pickup so *shrug*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so the same week as Yoshi's Woolly World? Maybe wait & see if other retailers change the date as well? GS lists Oct. 9th, & considering Oct. 13 is a Tuesday, seems odd considering Nintendo tends to release their games on Fridays.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I have 10 packs so far. 3 from NFM, 3 from Walmart, and 4 from Amazon. One of those has to have my main cat Bob, right?

RepOlx5.jpg

...Right?

$5.99 a pack for random cards is too steep for me. I can't do any blind box stuff, costs too much money. Hopefully HHD is fully playable without them.

Sponge

Banned
The Gamestop at my mall finally got the newest Amiibo stocked. I went in today at my lunch break and they had four Olimar, two Classic Mario, and one Zero Suit. Naturally I got the Zero Suit since it was the last one. I'll pick up Olimar on Friday with my Retro pack preorder.

TheGrue

it is though you wont be able to design homes for the special characters like tom nook and isabelle without the cards.

And isn't there something like 20 special characters? That's a lot of packs to buy, considering you will get repeats and you are only guaranteed 1 per pack.

Doesn't an Isabelle card come with the game?

yes it does unless ya buy the game digitaly

And isn't there something like 20 special characters? That's a lot of packs to buy, considering you will get repeats and you are only guaranteed 1 per pack.

there is 17 special cards in series 1 and repeats are the risk you take getting into the collectible card craze.

I'm getting it digitally, so not for me. :(

I hope that's not the only way to get that card.

it not she comes int he packs also

Right now, the big problem is the limits on packs. I'd love to buy a whole box, but could only get 4 packs from Amazon.

tell me about it im gonna do my best to try and get atleast 18-20 packs on release day even if that means going to multiple different stores on release day....

Im confused about this whole Animal Crossing packs thing..I pre ordered 3 packs from walmart.com..now I just went ahead and ordered another 3 from amazon..am I ordering packs that will all have the same cards not really sure so need to know so I can cancel what I dont need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom