• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god for Amazon Prime's trial. Got free 2 day shipping on my AC cards (4 packs) so they'll arrive release day probably around the time I get home with the game. Now I don't have to worry about hoping the store has some in stock still.

Velcro Fly

Up to 10 packs.

4 from Amazon
3 from Walmart
3 from Best Buy in 3 separate orders, each with a preordered game (Yokai Watch, Legend of Legacy, Stella Glow)

If I can get in an order at Target, GameStop, or TRU I'll be feeling pretty good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
*sigh* My Costco order of the Happy Home bundle is still in the "order received" process. First time ordering from there so I'm not sure how orders usually process.

YO, CHECK YOUR AMAZON ORDERS

my 'guaranteed release day' shipping changed to the 29th all of a sudden. talked to support and they upgraded me to 1 day shipping for free to fix the issue so it'll still arrive on friday. yours might be screwed up too so check it out and don't be afraid to contact support

Anyone pick up one of these 4-capacity Amiibo display stands? I guess its UK only right now, afaik.

If you have one, does it come with a clear covering, or is it literally just a stand?

414uwi2M2bL._SY400_FMwebp_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013JLAZ9C/

Pretty common from the ones I've seen. I had 4 or 5 of them and they all had that issue some worse than others.

Thanks you for the reply.

I always check paint jobs in stores and can usually fine one without or with like one paint defect. The paint defects are never really common, usually every Amiibo of the same type has it in a different place.

Pit was odd in the consistency with the hand defect.

I've only opened a fraction of my Amiibo. Just my first two, Samus and Donkey Kong, Toad for Captain Toad and the Splatoon 3-pack.

I've held off playing 100 Mario mode in Mario Maker because I want to scan the over 30 Amiibos I have first. Might as well use them.

I think I'll open Pit then.

Jawmuncher

Surprised to see that Zero Suit Samus atm is pretty common. Saw her about both walmart and gamestop. While only gamestop had ganondorf. Also Olimar seemed to be everywhere just in low quantities.
This is like the first wave where outside the store exclusives, I could have went and bought all in store.

Skrams

So anyone that ordered from Walmart and had their things in processing figure a way out to fix that? I've yet to talk to customer service, but from posts I've seen here I assume they would just tell me to cancel to try to unstick it from processing. I might just cancel anyway and try to pick up ZSS and Olimar elsewhere. I had the chance to pick up ZSS while picking up Ganondorf since he made it to the store, but I didn't because I don't want to deal with the hassle of having extra amiibos.

This is kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll figure something out either way.

Damn... I forgot about the retro 3-pack.

I have to go to work, on my lunch break head to BB to pick up HHD and maybe a pack of cards if they have any in store...
Gah, I can't believe I'm gonna buy animal crossing cards... maybe I can convince myself not to
... go back to work, drive to the other side of town after work to pick up my retro 3-pack assuming gamestop doesn't sell my 3-pack to someone else.

I'm so happy I have myself talked out of getting the cards. Now if only I could talk myself out of trying to get 4 Game and Watch Amiibo. (one of each pose)

I have a Meta Knight, Ness, Robin, Lucario, Jigglypuff and some others, NIB to trade 1 for 1 if anyone is interested.

There's an amiibo for each pose?

Fuck.

The retro 3 pack comes with all 4 poses, but only 1 goes on the base at a time. (obviously) So to be able to display all 4 poses you will need 4 bases. I might be crazy, but I'm not buying 4 retro 3 packs...........Unless I need to........

I do have 2 pre-ordered and paid for. Thank goodness the Smash line is almost done!

KingBroly

Banned
The retro 3 pack comes with all 4 poses, but only 1 goes on the base at a time. (obviously) So to be able to display all 4 poses you will need 4 bases. I might be crazy, but I'm not buying 4 retro 3 packs...........Unless I need to........

I do have 2 pre-ordered and paid for. Thank goodness the Smash line is almost done!

If you bought 4 Retro 3-packs, you'd have 16 G&W poses. So, you'd still have a base problem.

Bane

Oh, I see. Hm. I wonder if they'll ever let us order three extra bases because, yeah, I'm not buying 4 packs.

If you bought 4 Retro 3-packs, you'd have 16 G&W poses. So, you'd still have a base problem.

Lol yeah, but that's the minimum amount that can be purchased to be able to display all 4 at once. Who knows what would be done with all those poses. There really is no perfect answer. Well unless Nintendo sold bases.

InkoMint

Neo Member
So. Has there been any confirmation that Amazon is the only one with the Animal Crossing: Amiibi Festival Bundle (with actual amiibo and cards)? We have it preordered at BestBuy, and even though they finally updated, it doesn't state anywhere that it's a bundle.

Should I be freaking out? :(

Jetku

YO, CHECK YOUR AMAZON ORDERS

my 'guaranteed release day' shipping changed to the 29th all of a sudden. talked to support and they upgraded me to 1 day shipping for free to fix the issue so it'll still arrive on friday. yours might be screwed up too so check it out and don't be afraid to contact support

Thanks for the warning. My order was changed to ETA next Wednesday. Chatted with them and they fixed it to one day, but no good explanation for the date shift..

Rizific

So anyone that ordered from Walmart and had their things in processing figure a way out to fix that? I've yet to talk to customer service, but from posts I've seen here I assume they would just tell me to cancel to try to unstick it from processing. I might just cancel anyway and try to pick up ZSS and Olimar elsewhere. I had the chance to pick up ZSS while picking up Ganondorf since he made it to the store, but I didn't because I don't want to deal with the hassle of having extra amiibos.

This is kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll figure something out either way.

this happened to me and i posted about it a few pages back. but essentially they told me my order will not be fulfilled because the items were discontinued. i bought zss and olimar and chose in ship to store. first time ive had a problem with walmart, but also the first time i opted to ship to store.

JavyOO7

So. Has there been any confirmation that Amazon is the only one with the Animal Crossing: Amiibi Festival Bundle (with actual amiibo and cards)? We have it preordered at BestBuy, and even though they finally updated, it doesn't state anywhere that it's a bundle.

I have a feeling they will change this to the bundle. It is weird that Amazon is the only one so far that lists it.

This is the ASIN for the bundle = B00ZSHRPN0

Boogiepop

From the way it's been discussed, I'd be pretty surprised if a retail version of the game that isn't the bundle pops up, at least any time soon. I'm in the same position myself but I'm not especially concerned.

the bundle version of amiibo festival is the only retail version of the game there wont be a standalone version without the amiibo and cards.

Insaniac

Really glad I have little interest in the amiibo cards. I really only want "Marshal" the squirrel, my favorite villager. Then I'll rip out that NFC and make a custom of him!

Josh5890

Yesterday I pre-ordered Starcraft with a card pack. Today I pre-ordered Chibi Robo with a Card pack. Both from Best Buy. I hope nothing gets cancelled.

Yoshi and Chibi bundles on BB.
No need for the GS orders anymore.

It's sad that scalpers and lack of communication from publishers has caused this to be the standard if you actually want something. You have to go preorder it 3 times... especially because you don't know who will cancel your order claiming they don't have enough.

jon_dojah

Banned
My retro 3-pack shipped from GS. Also my individual retro amiibos shipped from amazon.de. I'll open the 3-pack and keep the EU versions in box with my otherwise all NA boxed collection. Will do the same with the Mii fighters.

Bane

Got a Toon Link today and man, Nintendo could very easily tweak it to put out a Zelda 1 Link. I'd be down for that.

Looks like the "Add to Cart" button is active again on the Retro 3-Pack at Gamestop if you haven't pre-ordered yet. I've been checking the last few days and it's been inactive until now. Says it will ship tomorrow. Guessing there will be plenty to go around.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/amiibo-retro-3-pack-exclusive/123757

I ordered it. I've got a $5 in-store coupon I wanted to use but I just don't feel like leaving work to go looking for it tomorrow and I really want ROB and Duck Hunt. I'll probably trade Mr. G&W in for credit at the local mom n pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom