• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cat thought the villager amiibo was a mouse and attacked him.
What is the best way to fix 'em up?

ccBuNCe.jpg

Glue probably, also that is why you put them in a case. Ha ha.
Also you people are terrible for the cat killing jokes, they cannot help they don't know about Amiibo.
Was hoping for an 8-Bit Mario restock, but not going to fly Gamestop's game.
I will just import one with the Modern 8-Bit Mario.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Man, I don't even want the game, but they know my weakness for an Isabelle figure.

Same with the K.K. Slider in the 3-pack.

Aaaand that's why I'm importing those ones if I get them at all. I can handle store exclusives but I'm not getting things I wouldn't get normally. Not a chance.

Got all of the new wave which is pretty nice.
Well, not the modern Mario but I can live.
Also got the skylander amiibo. DK is pleasantly cartoony. His paint job isn't great but it works.
Bowser on the other hand is dreadful. Compared to his other amiibo he just can't compete.
The cars are neat, though.
Have the retro 3 pack pre ordered along with the Chibi robo and Yoshi bundle

Rizific

welp, i called walmart to inquire about my zss and olimar that have been processing since the 10th. was informed that the item was discontinued and my order would not be fulfilled. this was the first time ive had a problem with walmart and amiibo. however this was also the first time that i opted for in-store pick up. all other amiibo that ive ordered from them and had shipped to me arrived in excellent condition. what a shame. and zss is my main -_-

Bane

welp, i called walmart to inquire about my zss and olimar that have been processing since the 10th. was informed that the item was discontinued and my order would not be fulfilled. this was the first time ive had a problem with walmart and amiibo. however this was also the first time that i opted for in-store pick up. all other amiibo that ive ordered from them and had shipped to me arrived in excellent condition. what a shame. and zss is my main -_-

That's a bummer. Not sure if this helps any but Gamestop currently has them in stock for shipping.

so i found a $20 gift coupon someone left near the atm at my job, thought it wouldn't work but i figured it doesn't hurt to try, to my surprise it did work, didn't know what i wanted to buy with it since theres nothing i really want atm but I figured i might as well get me a bowser jr amiibo since i really want one since he's my main and all, found one for 20.79 and it didn't charg tax either so I got a japanese import Jr for .79, cheapest amiibo confirmed. I'm happy now

Koppai

We got the AC cards in at work, it was one box with 18 packs inside it. I asked my manager about buying all of them and she said she would let me buy 5 packs. Lol would make it so much easier if I could just buy the whole box...:<

12003362_10153043686501646_1816880652872419080_n.jpg

Picked this up from work today, yay discount :)

We got the AC cards in at work, it was one box with 18 packs inside it. I asked my manager about buying all of them and she said she would let me buy 5 packs. Lol would make it so much easier if I could just buy the whole box...:<

12003362_10153043686501646_1816880652872419080_n.jpg

Picked this up from work today, yay discount :)

why can't you just buy all of of them? could you hypothetically go in there when its not your shift and buy all of them or would you manager be like "yo koppai, eat a dick. you're not buying all of them"

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
why can't you just buy all of of them? could you hypothetically go in there when its not your shift and buy all of them or would you manager be like "yo koppai, eat a dick. you're not buying all of them"

Bad business decision. First person could walk in the door and want to buy them and you can't really say "sold out". Guess you can lie and say they were delayed/didn't come in. Maybe some stores got in trouble when they found out that employees were hiding Amiibos in the back or something.

The_Kid

Bad business decision. First person could walk in the door and want to buy them and you can't really say "sold out". Guess you can lie and say they were delayed/didn't come in. Maybe some stores got in trouble when they found out that employees were hiding Amiibos in the back or something.

Also it comes off as kind of dickish if stores let employees get first dibs on all collectible items before they even attempt to sell them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Woolly World bundle finally has a placeholder at Best Buy.

Da Fish

Neo Member
Just wanted to let any Columbus, Ohio amiibros know that the Sawmill Rd. Gamestop will be doing a Midnight for NBA, Animal Crossing, and the retro three pack.
I don't know if we will have extra packs beyond those preordered at the moment. Also I recommend calling your local Gamestop to see if they will be doing a Midnight launch for the 25th.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Koppai pls use your powers for good not for evil

Bane

We got the AC cards in at work, it was one box with 18 packs inside it.

Do you work at a Gamestop?

I'm starting to wonder if one box per store might not be the norm. My store's doing a midnight opening so I think I might go and get my 3 pack and what card packs I can.

How The Pokémon Company is restricting Nintendo's use of the Pokémon Amiibos in other games.

Unless there's been some sort of PR thing where they've discussed it or there's some recent news about it I'm not sure why that would necessitate a thread.

I mean they all work with Mario Maker at least so it's not like they've been blocked from working in all games.

mikeGFG

Banned
Sup Amiibros, I don't follow the amiibo news as much as a could, but I still like to collect them as I see them in stores.

I'm wondering if Nintendo ever does restocks of the first series (DK, Kirby, Link, etc) I'm just not sure if I should keep checking the same stores for the same barren wasteland of amiibo lol.

Sup Amiibros, I don't follow the amiibo news as much as a could, but I still like to collect them as I see them in stores.

I'm wondering if Nintendo ever does restocks of the first series (DK, Kirby, Link, etc) I'm just not sure if I should keep checking the same stores for the same barren wasteland of amiibo lol.

Donkey Kong, Kirby, Peach, Yoshi and Samus are the only ones of the original wave that haven't been manufactured since November. Link was reprinted in April and May. We are at Nintendo's mercy for restocks. I still see Link, Peach and Mario in stores with the occasional DK and Pikachu. Kirby recently vanished while the others have been gone longer.

mikeGFG

Banned
Donkey Kong, Kirby, Peach, Yoshi and Samus are the only ones of the original wave that haven't been manufactured since November. Link was reprinted in April and May. We are at Nintendo's mercy for restocks. I still see Link, Peach and Mario in stores with the occasional DK and Pikachu. Kirby recently vanished while the others have been gone longer.

Thanks for the info! The hunt for Kirby begins..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Swung by Target, they had 3 Dr. Mario, 2 ZSS, & 3 Olimar. Aside from 8-bit Mario who seems to be the rarest of this wave, I feel like so far, the latest stock has been very well, not to mention we could FINALLY see more Villager coming soon.

spookyfish

1TB CoD PlayStation 4 announced today, up for preorder today on Best Buy.

Woolly World Amiibo bundle, posted on several other sites, still "Coming Soon" and Happy Home Designer N3DS bunduru nowhere to be found.

Sounds about right.

Stopped by a Meijer, Target, GameStop (reserved the Woolly World bundle!), and Best Buy yesterday and two of those places had an Olimar, there were zero ZSS, Ganon, or 8-Bit Marios. None. Not sure if it's worth noting but Meijer did have one price rack set up for the Amiibo Cards.

Zappy

Neo Member
well i'm new here, and have lurked on this thread for a while.

anybody know the estimated ate of the mega tru restock?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well i'm new here, and have lurked on this thread for a while.

anybody know the estimated ate of the mega tru restock?
80,000 Villagers, then about 26k of Lucario, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, & Fox.

I just remembered along with Happy Home Designer, there's that amiibo festival game for AC as well, which would also explain the high amount of Villager being restocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom