• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused about this whole Animal Crossing packs thing..I pre ordered 3 packs from walmart.com..now I just went ahead and ordered another 3 from amazon..am I ordering packs that will all have the same cards not really sure so need to know so I can cancel what I dont need

Every pack contains random cards so the chances of all your packs containing all the same cards are very slim,

backlot

Just got two packs from Amazon. I was having issues trying to order from the mobile site earlier but it seems like its working on the desktop site now.

Amalthea

Banned
Level of detail on ROB is amazing:
LD1OtK0.jpg

I've got 3 packs on order at Walmart and 4 from Amazon. Hoping I can get a bunch from GS tomorrow night.

my rotation for these on launch is gamestop 3 pack and how every many cards i can get, then walmart, meijer, target, toys r us, the online retailers mostly gamestop since i have $116 in trade credit to use in store and online.

Don't the NA packs contain 1 special card each?

yes they do each pack contains 1 of 17 random special shiny cards.

Every pack contains random cards so the chances of all your packs containing all the same cards are very slim,

Are you sure because someone online told me something totally different..as long as every pack contains different cards than its all good because I have six packs coming and I obviously want different cards..if this is like Pokemon cards than yes it will be different cards

Are you sure because someone online told me something totally different..as long as every pack contains different cards than its all good because I have six packs coming and I obviously want different cards..if this is like Pokemon cards than yes it will be different cards

they either lied to you or are miss informed every pack is random though there is a chance for you to end up with duplicates of some cards as it is still random.

it is though you wont be able to design homes for the special characters like tom nook and isabelle without the cards.

I love animal crossing, but I don't care if I get to make a house for Isabelle or Tom Nook... Maybe I'd like to mess with Tom Nook... or Resetti. But I care about getting to play a full experience game. If I can get a full village or design as many houses as I want, I just can't choose WHO I design for, i don't care.

they either lied to you or are miss informed every pack is random though there is a chance for you to end up with duplicates of some cards as it is still random.

Thats good to know, that person is probably misinformed, trust me I was confused too..I guess if its like Pokemon cards than yes every pack will contain different cards..maybe a small chance of getting a duplicate here and there but odds are small. Thanks for letting me know I Really appreciate it

Thats good to know, that person is probably misinformed, trust me I was confused too..I guess if its like Pokemon cards than yes every pack will contain different cards..maybe a small chance of getting a duplicate here and there but odds are small. Thanks for letting me know I Really appreciate it

yes think of it like pokemon cards and your welcome, alot of people are really confused about the cards so im glad i can help.

yes think of it like pokemon cards and your welcome, alot of people are really confused about the cards so im glad i can help.

Yeah it would have been silly to buy six packs all containing the same cards. Now with amazon I have a backup plan in case walmart.com order doesnt go through..and I just ordered Yoshi Wooly World bundle at bestbuy.com so I can cancel the gamestop order(For in store purchase) and since no money changed hands I can cancel that real easy..good ol GCU at best buy I saved 15 bucks

I love animal crossing, but I don't care if I get to make a house for Isabelle or Tom Nook... Maybe I'd like to mess with Tom Nook... or Resetti. But I care about getting to play a full experience game. If I can get a full village or design as many houses as I want, I just can't choose WHO I design for, i don't care.

then your in luck you can get the experience you want with out the cards :)

Boogiepop

Nice! Got the Yoshi bundle for BB shipping, ultimate goal for that achieved! Now I just need Chibi Robo up there... Thinking I'll keep the Amazon for a few more days before canceling that just to be safe.

Also, 4 packs from Amazon added to 3 from Walmart makes a number I'm pretty happy with for a starting set of those. Now if I can miraculously get all the penguins from the set from those 7 packs...

Edit: Had to cancel the in-store pickup version and now the standalone shipping order to finally end up with a paired Yoshi bundle and pack of AC cards for free shipping. Well, these things happen I suppose.

So close, yet so far. That awkward missing part in the bottom will be where the retro pack will go when it comes in the mail.

I'm also kicking myself for missing out on Palutena. Please for the love of god restock her. I can live without losers like Greninja and Dark Pit, but I need Palutena.

JavyOO7

With the AC cards...

3 from that Nebraska place (I wonder if they'll cancel though)
3 from Walmart (I also wonder if they'll cancel)
3 from Amazon (hopefully they won't cancel)

Tyeforce

I wonder just how random the Animal Crossing amiibo card packs will truly be... With the Japanese release, it's been said that if you buy a full box of card packs that you're guaranteed a full set. How is that really possible if the packs are random? In North America, packs come with 6 cards, with 18 packs coming in a box. Since Series 1 has 100 cards, it would take a minimum of 17 packs (102 cards) to get a full set, assuming you got no duplicates (well, except 2). So given that a box comes with 18 packs (which is just over the minimum 17 packs required for a full set), plus the fact that supposedly every box contains a full set, wouldn't that mean that the packs of 6 are likely set? Like, for example, every box would contain one 6-pack including, say, Isabelle, Bob, Fauna, Curt, Portia, and Leonardo. And so on with other set packs of 6 for the rest of the cards in the series, with one duplicate pack, and one pack containing 2 duplicate cards.

Or maybe they really are truly random? But if that's the case, how can a box be sure to contain a full set?

I wonder just how random the Animal Crossing amiibo card packs will truly be... With the Japanese release, it's been said that if you buy a full box of card packs that you're guaranteed a full set. How is that really possible if the packs are random? In North America, packs come with 6 cards, with 18 packs coming in a box. Since Series 1 has 100 cards, it would take a minimum of 17 packs (102 cards) to get a full set, assuming you got no duplicates (well, except 2). So given that a box comes with 18 packs (which is just over the minimum 17 packs required for a full set), plus the fact that supposedly every box contains a full set, wouldn't that mean that the packs of 6 are likely set? Like, for example, every box would contain one 6-pack including, say, Isabelle, Bob, Fauna, Curt, Portia, and Leonardo. And so on with other set packs of 6 for the rest of the cards in the series, with one duplicate pack, and one pack containing 2 duplicate cards.

Or maybe they really are truly random? But if that's the case, how can a box be sure to contain a full set?

This was disproven thanks to someone on reddit buying a japanese box and not getting a full set i have also seen some japanese unboxings of boxes and not getting a full set its trully random and some people are just luckier than others.

Tyeforce

This was disproven thanks to someone on reddit buying a japanese box and not getting a full set i have also seen some japanese unboxings of boxes and not getting a full set its trully random and some people are just luckier than others.
Oh...huh. I don't know if that's good thing to hear or not, lol. ._. At the very least, it means I don't have to worry about not being able to buy a box, since it wouldn't matter, anyway, I guess...

Velcro Fly

lol limit of 1 at Best Buy

what the fuck

hurried home from work and got 4 from amazon

leaves me with 7 packs so far

if i can get another 3 each from target and TRU i'll be ok with that for now

Velcro Fly

Possible workaround on Best Buy to make ordering 1 pack at a time worth it

I'm preordering games I want that are coming out soon and adding a pack to each order. Everything ships free since it is above that threshold.

I was going to preorder a few games anyway but sticking a pack on there that will ship normally when the cards release is nice.

I had an order with Mario Maker and Yoshi Woolly World both in it and Mario shipped on time so no worries about them holding the cards for weeks or months until the other games come out.

Lol my gamestop just got all of the newest wave of amiibo in store and within about 5 minutes of it being on the shelf a scalper came in, returned an extra phantom pain collectors edition, and bought all of they new amiibo.

Oh god are the cards selling out? Maybe I should have put more in.
My amazing Australian amiibro sent my stuff and less than a week later they're here!

nZsaWVs.jpg

These qt 3.14s are for me, and then a Palu for a friend and Robin/Lucina for another friend. I really like those little stands they have for the figure in the box so i made them into little custom display things.

Hey, weird nit-picky question.

Is the paint job where Pit grabs his bow crappy on most Amiibos?

Best Buy had three of them two weeks ago but they all had the same issue with the hand.

Just was to know how common the issue was.

In other Amiibo I've never seen the same paint job issue in every one.

jon_dojah

Banned
Hey, weird nit-picky question.

Is the paint job where Pit grabs his bow crappy on most Amiibos?

Best Buy had three of them two weeks ago but they all had the same issue with the hand.

Just was to know how common the issue was.

In other Amiibo I've never seen the same paint job issue in every one.

Pretty common from the ones I've seen. I had 4 or 5 of them and they all had that issue some worse than others.

Bane

So with these cards, I imagine trading here is a no-no. Anyone know of a community where that will be happening? Or will just selling extras be the best bet?

Josh5890

So with these cards, I imagine trading here is a no-no. Anyone know of a community where that will be happening? Or will just selling extras be the best bet?

I don't see why trading would be frowned upon. We have been trading amiibos since the beginning.

I kind of wish there would be a separate thread for the cards for the people like myself who have no interest in them.

I think the amiibo trading thread would be good for now, unless someone else thinks we should make a big trading thread just for them. I'm sure the LINE group would also be interested in trading and stuff. I know if I have extras I'm definitely coming here.

What I wonder about though is actually shipping them to each other. In a bubble mailer would be great (since you get the tracking number), but $2.54 is different than the like 50 cents a stamp costs for a regular envelope. Hmm...

Koppai

I would probably buy 5 then. We will probably get restocks...i mean the point of cards is to make it easier to restock. Im off on Friday so I could essentially buy them.

Actually as a matter of fact...have we heard if stores are doing any limits on purchasing? I'm not sure if anyone is lining up for amiibo cards...but if no one shows up would they allow someone to buy like half the stock? Somewhere like TRU, if someone shows up and buys one of the boxes (each of the "Boxes" have 18 packs in them) that's half the stock they're supposed to have. even less for BB and maybe others too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, they're doing a midnight opening on Friday? It's on the other end of town, but maybe I'll go there before work. I'll go in tomorrow & ask since I'd rather get it before work than have to deal with getting it after waking up on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom