• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

So. Has there been any confirmation that Amazon is the only one with the Animal Crossing: Amiibi Festival Bundle (with actual amiibo and cards)? We have it preordered at BestBuy, and even though they finally updated, it doesn't state anywhere that it's a bundle.

Should I be freaking out? :(

When was it available at Best Buy?

Velcro Fly

Time to cancel my Chibi Robo order at GameStop

Got that bundle and a card pack for the same price as I would have gotten just the bundle at GS. God bless GCU working on amiibo. These don't look to be hard to come by anyway though. Good on Nintendo for that too.

Insaniac

Well, i'm willing to buy someone's extra Marshal card! :)

Marshall.png

He's so cute!

OmegaFax

I think I'm going to order an extra pack or two. The cards seem to work with Amiibo Tap (and I'm assuming other games that have random Amiibo unlocks). Hopefully Best Buy doesn't impose a 1 per customer in-store tomorrow (like they are on their website).

Josh5890

Anyone think that some cards have a slightly higher production rate then others. I know there is a mixture of 1 special and 5 regular cards in each pack but will all regular cards have a 1:1 production rate?

Also, is there an official list up yet with all 100 series 1 cards?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, seems my GS isn't doing the midnight release for whatever game is suppose to be coming out tomorrow.

Now to see if I can get Bowser Jr. for retail or a decent price....& maybe Wario as well while I'm at it. After the retro pack tomorrow, I'll be up to 42 amiibo.

Bah, seems my GS isn't doing the midnight release for whatever game is suppose to be coming out tomorrow.

Now to see if I can get Bowser Jr. for retail or a decent price....& maybe Wario as well while I'm at it. After the retro pack tomorrow, I'll be up to 42 amiibo.

v77vn.jpg

Wario is on Play Asia for just $9.99. With shipping I think it was $15 on the dot.

Some TRU might still have Bowser Jr though. Good luck finding him haha

Going to pick-up my amiibos at midnight. I know the dude at the Gamestop here, he is gonna let me grab 4 packs. They only got 18 packs though, and they do get some foot traffic, so will see how the numbers look elsewhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wario is on Play Asia for just $9.99. With shipping I think it was $15 on the dot.

Some TRU might still have Bowser Jr though. Good luck finding him haha
It feels weird I might have to resort to importing Wario of all characters. You'd think being part of the Mario crew would mean he'd be a bit easier to find.

Just sucks that I don't have a TRU anywhere near me. That's been the main issue with trying to get him, along with he hasn't been available online from TRU's site for some reason.

Piscus

It feels weird I might have to resort to importing Wario of all characters. You'd think being part of the Mario crew would mean he'd be a bit easier to find.

Just sucks that I don't have a TRU anywhere near me. That's been the main issue with trying to get him, along with he hasn't been available online from TRU's site for some reason.

Come on, anybody! Ain't nobody got a spare Bowser Jr. to help a 'miibro out?

Damnit!

So, I literally had zero interest in the Animal Crossing cards because someone told me that they are just items in Happy Home Designer. Like, the actual cards just have a picture of a lamp on it or something. I didn't know they were actual CHARACTERS! Ha! Now I want them even though I don't much care for the games anymore.

Damnit!

So, I literally had zero interest in the Animal Crossing cards because someone told me that they are just items in Happy Home Designer. Like, the actual cards just have a picture of a lamp on it or something. I didn't know they were actual CHARACTERS! Ha! Now I want them even though I don't much care for the games anymore.

yea alot of people have alot fo confusion about the cards nintendo didnt do a very good job explaining it to people.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm glad after the 3-pack, Wool Yoshi, Falco, & Chibi Robo, it's only the DLC characters for SSB (maybe save for Mewtwo) that I care about. No desire for the Animal Crossing stuff, aside from hopefully getting a Villager from the restock.

I'd imagine Ryu shouldn't be too hard to find, but Roy & Lucas will be the biggest pains.

Heck, I'm still wondering if we'll get any confirmation on another character since next week, we're getting more SSB DLC & I'd imagine Nintendo wouldn't just release a stage & that's it considering the last few times, we had mii outfits &/or characters as well along with the stages.

Josh5890

Damnit!

My gut feeling is that these cards will work with the next Animal Crossing game on the NX so I'm all in.

A friend of mine loves Wario (and more Waluigi actually) and has just been like "Im literally going to spend $30 on freaking Wario) so imagine my surprise when I came across him for pretty cheap. It's very, VERY weird, and I guess maybe no one at Nintendo likes Wario either for some reason lol

So I think it was asked a few times already (maybe even recently)...but is that a no to the US getting the card binder thing? I kind of like the design of it, but I guess i'll have to import. Is the UK/EU version up anywhere?

Just the Animal Crossing cards are releasing Friday right? My retro 3 pack is being delivered and I'd rather not wait in line at Target for Animal Crossing amiibos until I have to.

GameStop has no limit on animal crossing csrd packs managed to buy a box from them can't open till midnight though will update with how close I come to a complete set

Velcro Fly

I wonder if I could get my mom's amazon account and order four more packs

It would be shipped to the same address but using different names and cards

It is important to note they already shipped me my four packs.

Also curious when TRU/Target/GameStop are going to put them up on their websites

Also curious if the strict limits were for preorders only and if they might be lifted once they go live for sale and not preorder

Shauni

So were we suppose to get a call for the Retro 3-pack from GameStop. Had it pre-ordered on the day they had pre-orders but I didn't get one for tomorrow.

I'm getting so much hate on Reddit for buying a box :(

Although it is neat to buy a whole box, it appeared (or at least, what was known was posted) that most stores would only be receiving one box. There's 18 packs in a box, and in their eyes, that's 18 people who'd buy one pack.

I'm just really hoping that stores get more in and it's not like "oop, every store got one box, no more amiibo cards for 3 months lol". Cards were supposed to solve stock problems and now stores are getting one box in?

OOh, got a notification my cards from walmart have shipped. According to fedex, they're supposed to be here tomorrow...which is weird because they told me the 2nd when i ordered. Hmm.

Justified.

I'd be mad if I stroll into Gamestop tonight to pick up my Animal Crossing N3DS bundle and Retro pack and some jerk bought a whole box. Should be a limit, imo.

Exactly. I don't care about cards, but its the same thing where people were buying multiple Amiibos because they just had to keep one in the box and another to use (or scalpers, I mean traders, buying lots of rare multiples to scalp or trade later on). If anyone should have to jump through hoops, it should be collectors.

Exactly. I don't care about cards, but its the same thing where people were buying multiple Amiibos because they just had to keep one in the box and another to use (or scalpers, I mean traders, buying lots of rare multiples to scalp or trade later on). If anyone should have to jump through hoops, it should be collectors.

Traders became worse than scalpers, drag them.

Saw a lot of it happen here where people were buying multiples when stock was an issue. I understand wanting to get a whole set or keep things sealed, but there should be a reasonable limit. A box is not reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom