• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane

Do the cards unlock the Animal Crossing costume in Mario Kart? It says to use an "Animal Crossing Amiibo" and shows both Villager and Isabelle, so I was wondering if that meant all AC Amiibos, or just Villager and Isabelle, or only Villager?

Of the ones I have; Isabelle, Tom Nook, and Kapp'n all unlocked costumes.

EDIT: Shit, I just saw you meant for Kart. I was talking about Mario Maker.

OH WTF!!!

I preordered a bunch of the Wii U and 3DS games for the Mario Maker pins at Best Buy and I just found out that that best buy is closing in October. I'm betting I'm not getting my mario maker pins and I have no clue what's going to happen with my Star Fox preorder.

Animekatt

Finally! Five and a half months after registering, I've finally been validated. I've been waiting to talk to you guys for so long that now I don't remember what I wanted to say...

I'm excited to pick up my Retro 3-Pack after work today, what are the odds of maybe finding some Animal Crossing card packs out in the wild at the same time?

Welcome! When I went to pick up my 3DS from Gamestop, they had a lot out on the floor hanging above the other amiibo. I haven't gone to any other store yet, so not sure about them.

I was pleased to see that I got the Isabelle card from the bundle! I also got Digby too. In fact out of the 3 packs of cards I bought, no duplicates.

Boogiepop

OH WTF!!!

I preordered a bunch of the Wii U and 3DS games for the Mario Maker pins at Best Buy and I just found out that that best buy is closing in October. I'm betting I'm not getting my mario maker pins and I have no clue what's going to happen with my Star Fox preorder.

That sounds like something to probably email customer support about. Sucks though, best of luck with that!

Also, any chance anyone has seen what Best Buy's in store card pack stock is like? Trying to decide if it'll be worth swinging by there when I'm out to pick up my Retro 3 pack preorder later on today...

Of the ones I have; Isabelle, Tom Nook, and Kapp'n all unlocked costumes.

EDIT: Shit, I just saw you meant for Kart. I was talking about Mario Maker.

Yea, I was wondering about Mario Kart, because every other costume says "Scan a [character] Amiibo" while the Animal Crossing costume says "Scan an Animal Crossing Amiibo" and it's kind of generic and shows both Villager and Isabelle on the thumbnail.

It makes it seem like you should be able to use any AC Amiibo.

JavyOO7

Gamestop still hasnt called about my retro 3 pack :(

They never called me so I went this morning and they had my 3 pack too. The SM limited me to 2 packs. The next GS I went to said I buy the entire box if I so wished. I declined and got 3 since I have more packs coming in the mail from Amazon, Walmart, and hopefully that other site which the name escapes me right now.

88YoWNG.jpg

If you try a card in Mario kart, it tells you it's not an amiibo supported by Mario kart 8

lumber

Bought 5 packs and got 3 duplicates. I'll post them in the trade forum shortly...

Also picked up the retro 3 pack from GameStop.

kirby_fox

Banned
The attention to detail with amiibos is amazing. Check out ROB's backside for an off-on switch set to on, and if you look closely on the front where it lists Robotic Operating Buddy you can notice an incredibly small Nintendo logo. You can even make out that it's supposed to say Nintendo.

And this is at probably a font size of 1.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they make extra G&W stands. There's a market for them.

I am expecting a 3D printer in the next couple of months, so naturally I've considered whether or not making my own stands for the other G&W inserts is a viable option. Maybe once I have the stand in my hands I can figure out if it would be easy to do.

KingBroly

Banned
I am expecting a 3D printer in the next couple of months, so naturally I've considered whether or not making my own stands for the other G&W inserts is a viable option. Maybe once I have the stand in my hands I can figure out if it would be easy to do.

There's a little H-shaped hitch in the stand. It should be pretty simple.

I'l say this about the AC cards. If I can't use them to start with Villagers in a town, Nintendo has failed.

TheGrue

Picked up my pre-ordered 3-pack from Gamestop. Asked about AC cards and they said they had some. I asked how many I could buy and he said, how many do you want?" I said all of them and he had 5 packs. He mentioned he had been limiting them per customer, but said he'd just give the rest to me.

Went to Target and they had an empty peg. I asked if they had more and was told that 3 people cam in this morning and bought them all.

Just picked up a Wii U SMM bundle. I now see the appeal of Amiibos.....

Thankfully I don't really own any games yet that use them. But I'm thinking about picking one up for when I get Smash Bros.

Have we found out if there's "Rarities" on any of the AC cards? I got a KK in my pack I bought and I've seen some people get Isabelle and stuff...but anyone get like the weird ones like Luna?

Didnt pre order 3 pack, walked to GS got one and 3 AC packs cuz thats all they had left. Went to another GS got the 3ds bundle and another pack. I only got 1 double, so its not bad.

Have we found out if there's "Rarities" on any of the AC cards? I got a KK in my pack I bought and I've seen some people get Isabelle and stuff...but anyone get like the weird ones like Luna?

Talking to a few people who opened full boxes of cards, the distribution seems pretty even across NPCs and across normal villagers. So it's going to come down to who's in demand and who people don't care about in terms of value.

Bob will probably be worth something since he's the most popular villager in this set.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got the Retro 3-Pack. Great figures.

I'm skipping the Animal Crossing cards. I'll consider the figures since there's only 8 compared to 100+.
I'm not even an Animal Crossing fan... never played one.

Bane

Hopefully the figures are supported because if not the only way to get the costume is the pay an arm and a leg for Villager :(

I'd be surprised if there are different nfc chips in the figures and cards.

On the bright side, Villager is supposed to be getting a huge resupply soon so hopefully he'll be attainable for retail.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't wait to use the retro pack on Mario Maker. Need to get back on that & unlock more costumes, along with the Splatoon costumes since I have the 3-pack of that now.

I have to say, I'm very glad with getting them to unlock the extra missions in Splatoon. You're pretty much replaying most of the single player again, but the different weapons like the roller or charger can make it so you have to rethink your strategies for the stage. Roller can pretty much defeat enemies in 1 hit, but your range is also soooooo much shorter now. Plus it's so nice getting all those coins for new weapons & clothing.

woopWOOP

Oh snap, suddenly I got an e-mail that the Inkling Girl is back in stock at a local store chain. Ordered that one immediately.

Finally I'll be able to do those dang charger challenges!

spookyfish

The journey is almost over.

That's a cool set up.

I can't wait. When I'm done with Smash, I'm done with Amiibo. Nintendo can kiss my @$$ at that point.

And I hope there are others who feel the same. I want to see the bottom drop out of this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom