• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane

Just got back from my GS with the 3 pack and 12 packs of cards. The manager said they had no limit on how many you can get. It's weird though, I asked how many cases they had and the dude said they just had a ton of packs. The employees wanted to buy some and acted like there would still be a bunch after my 12. So I guess they got in multiple cases?

As for limits, I do think there should be some but it's on the stores to set them. I don't blame someone for getting what they can. Given the random nature of these packs I don't see how it's at all similar to buying multiples to trade or scalp.

Justified.

I'd be mad if I stroll into Gamestop tonight to pick up my Animal Crossing N3DS bundle and Retro pack and some jerk bought a whole box. Should be a limit, imo.

how is it justified i wanted a complete set of cards and this was the best way to do it its not my fault nintendo wont allow us to order boxes online.

my haul tonight got a total of 22 packs will post the results from my box to help people figure out a ratio.

972V0FSl.jpg

Velcro Fly

Walmart packs arriving tomorrow
Best Buy packs arriving Saturday and one on Monday
Amazon packs arriving next Saturday

Probably going to be up another hour or so in case they go up anywhere else.

Hello, friends! I went to Gamestop with a good friend of mine and we got Amiibo cards! :D
I'm not interested in Happy Home Designer at the moment, but I wanted the amiibo cards and they're so cool!

I'm very happy with them, they're adorable and I got the whole trading card experience since I traded a card away for Biff (don't remember what I traded, it was boring anyway). Haven't touched cards in years, but I enjoyed this minor indulgence in amiibo cards :D

CPuN4SqUYAA5iKL.jpg

CPuN41WUAAAvIRG.jpg

CPuN5oIUwAA7JtT.jpg

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not D:

I hope not because I take grooming and self care very seriously. I would go get a manicure, but I'm deathly afraid of nail files. They just give me the heebiejeebies.

But if it wasn't sarcasm, thank you very much friend<3

I can only see the thumb but it is well cut and not ragged or super long. I'm being serious. lol

plus, I don't care about these cards at all so I need to add something to this thread! I was trying to give a compliment. I hope I didn't make you self-conscious.

I can only see the thumb but it is well cut and not ragged or super long. I'm being serious. lol

plus, I don't care about these cards at all so I need to add something to this thread! I was trying to give a compliment. I hope I didn't make you self-conscious.
Well, thank you very much! It's very appreciated and I feel very welcome here, that being my first post on the amiibo community and all.

I'd post pictures of my amiibo collection, but I'd rather wait until I get a new one before just posting my unupdated collection!

alright time for results out of the 22 packs i bought tonight i got a total of 71/100 so not a full set but close will trade my duplicates for ones i didnt get done buying series one cards.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Retro Trio and all they new amiibo card packs tomorrow! Gotta get Bob! Gottaaaaaaaaaaa!

Incoming pictures from multiple people showing that they got Bob to mess with me

The_Kid

Meh. I would bite for more but I'm out of money until Tuesday. I'm already in at 15 packs total. I feel like these won't be insanely difficult to find.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This is like waaaay late, but is the Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo available for pre-order anywhere?

He went up on Amazon IT and Amazon DE and pops up from time to time, though importing him will be around ~$60. Yikes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, my GameStop didn't do the midnight launch of NBA 3983928308498, so guess I'll go in after waking up around 2 p.m. Would be amazing if they got some more restocks of other characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping everyone is getting more Villagers to go along with Happy Home Designer & the fact it makes use of the Villager amiibo. Maybe he'll get another restock when Amiibo Festival comes out.

Maybe I'll get lucky & find Wario &/or Villager tomorrow when I pick up the retro 3-pack.

Persona7

Banned
I checked the amiibo at wal-mart thursday morning and they had a massive restock of ZSS, olimar and ganondorf. I think there were more zeldas and pac-mans as well. There was one pac-man on the rack that wasn't there previously but it was damaged. They must have had at least 30 ZSS though. Glad to see Samus getting shelf space.

You poor fools doing cards. Nintendo is about to bend you over and take....your entire wallet.

...So i picked up my retro 3 pack at midnight last night....dont judge me

InkoMint

Neo Member
My dishwasher has a repair scheduled this morning between 10:30 am and noon. I really want to hop in my car and hit the bestbuy nearby for opening at 10, but I'm sure with my luck he'll call and say "be there at 10:30!" I'm sure cutting it close!

Velcro Fly

lmao cards are live on target.com for $12.99 each!

Limit of 3 so if you are so desperate for cards you can pay $40 for 3 packs.

and we all thought Toys R Us was price gouging on these...

Do the cards unlock the Animal Crossing costume in Mario Kart? It says to use an "Animal Crossing Amiibo" and shows both Villager and Isabelle, so I was wondering if that meant all AC Amiibos, or just Villager and Isabelle, or only Villager?

KitSnicket

Neo Member
I haven't received either. It will be inconvenient to pick them up before Monday, so I'm hoping they don't send me a notification actually.

Balb

So I called my local GameStop and the guy said they're indeed in stock. He also said they have "plenty in stock," unprompted.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Finally! Five and a half months after registering, I've finally been validated. I've been waiting to talk to you guys for so long that now I don't remember what I wanted to say...

I'm excited to pick up my Retro 3-Pack after work today, what are the odds of maybe finding some Animal Crossing card packs out in the wild at the same time?

Garlador

Finally! Five and a half months after registering, I've finally been validated. I've been waiting to talk to you guys for so long that now I don't remember what I wanted to say...

I'm excited to pick up my Retro 3-Pack after work today, what are the odds of maybe finding some Animal Crossing card packs out in the wild at the same time?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

... No clue. Going to pick up my 3-Pack at lunch.

Dragoshi1

Got two packs at Target(limit one per person, so had a buddy buy one), and Walmart either didn't get them, or the employee was lazy.

KingBroly

Banned
I got 2 card packs and got 2 dupe commons already :\

The packaging is weird. Carboard and foil. So inefficient.

Anyway, I got my Retro 3-pack and I already hate the extra poses. They're taunting me without stands. I'd pay $5 per stand for extras without NFC chips in them

Also, I'm guessing that the rumor I heard was true, in that stores were holding back some of their amiibo 5B stock so they could have some for past the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom