• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
until they announce pokemon amiibo

NbyKNBO.gif

Its been so long since posted an updated pic and missed when I got some Amiibo like Lucina and Shulk so here is my updated picture:

21 Amiibos total. Can you spot them all? Its getting hard to take a picture with all of them in it. XD.

Still want:
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Greninja (Probably out've luck here)
Mewtwo
Mii Gunner
8 Bit Classic Mario

Will get no matter what:
Shovel Knight

Just deciding on how much money I'll spend on Amiibos. By my estimation I'll probably only have $140 for the rest of the year since we're likely moving...again...and $70 goes on SK Amiibo and Corpse Party Blood Drive. Leaning towards Tri Force Heroes and the next Christopher Pike book is coming in November so $15 left for Amiibo or smaller digital games. Yikes. I think I want retro Mario the most but it has to go up on amazon, and for me to have the money when it goes up. >_>

SK Amiibo is confirmed this year for US right? Just making sure. Wish I had a release date. UK took preorders for November I think so probably close to that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HAH. So while picking my the 3-pack from GS, I joked with the employee I know rather well about ROB & having to import for the Famicom colors, then he was all "then you're gonna hate this" & points out on the back, the screenshot they used for ROB has him IN HIS FAMICOM COLORS. It's a bit hard, but you can tell by the base being red. Found that a bit funny.

.....................that is until Nintendo decides to make Famicom-color ROB some kind of exclusive at Comic-Con or another event.

Is there any difference in the (Super Mario Maker) in-game "bonus" you receive between Classic 8-bit Mario and Modern 8-bit Mario? Aside from collecting or aesthetic preferences, I'm trying to figure out if there is a content-based reason for getting both.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
TWxGNf0.gif

Is there any difference in the (Super Mario Maker) in-game "bonus" you receive between Classic 8-bit Mario and Modern 8-bit Mario? Aside from collecting or aesthetic preferences, I'm trying to figure out if there is a content-based reason for getting both.

Pretty sure it's purely aesthetics, but I don't know.

Welp, I got about 47 cards currently, a mix of Japanese and American. I currently have 11 doubles, might see if I can trade around. I'd like to get Digby and K.K.

Boogiepop

10 packs from Best Buy in store+ the game=61 cards, got 11 repeats (2 special ones, Digby and Resetti being the ones there), so I currently have half. Tried to cancel my Amazon shipment of 4 since it hadn't shipped, but it refused to do so, so I have 4 more packs coming from there, plus 3 from Walmart and 1 from Best Buy (online). Would it be feasible to return those Walmart packs from the internet in store instead? Thinking that 18 packs is probably overkill (was expecting to be able to cancel the Amazon ones)...

Also, probably better wait to try to figure out trading when I get all the packs in. Assuming I don't succeed in the remaining packs, I'll have to do at least a little, as my penguin completion rate is 2/3. And now to check who I'm missing to figure out how much I care...

Velcro Fly

6 packs arrived today

only 5 doubles

resetti in my game. all other specials unique

no samson, limberg, or willow though :(

Have like 14-17 more packs coming lmao

Aren't these going to be like the old Nintendo cards for GBA where they basically become worthless after the gen is over? >_>

Oh well, time to buy them all, anyway. At least here I won't be judged. Will post back with results when they arrive.

Bii

Man, someone must have cleaned out my Best Buy of their Amiibo card stock; the lady said they were there in the morning but could not find them when she pointed to where they should be.

I did go into GameStop just across the street and they had some in stock. I only bought 10 packs. I do have 15 on the way, though. Gonna open them up tonight and see what I get.

Edit: Opened the 10 packs and got doubles of Timmy, Harriett and Lyle. Looks like a lot of trading is going to happen.

When I went to pick up my retro triple pack I snagged a pack of cards as well. The guy at the counter told me someone tried to buy the whole box but he would only sell him 10 haha.

Bane

Also, what are people planning to do for binders/holders/whatever for these?

I'm probably just going to grab a big binder and print out artwork to slip in the front and spine. That's what I did for my e-reader cards and I want to keep a lot of series together.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon mailed me my 3 card packs in the BIGGEST BOX POSSIBLE!!! Always funny to see that :p Won't have time to open them today, sadly :/

(Oh and if anyone wants to buy a code for AC: HHD PM me >_>)
EDIT: SOLD (Still quite a few selling in the B/S/T thread if anyone else is looking)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Came out today. I noticed mine had a good amount of them (when I got there, they had about 3 or 4 sitting out behind the counter, then when I got there, the employee I know well opened a new box to "get me a nice set"), so you should be fine if you get yours now, especially if you placed a pre-order.

Velcro Fly

Have six doubles in six packs but three of them were in two different packs in the same spot and same order pretty much.

Have 10 packs coming from GameStop, 4 from Amazon, and maybe 3 from Walmart.

Feeling pretty good to have roughly a third of series 1.

Retro 3 pack is also very nice.

I know I have some of those 9 card sleeve things but they are buried deep in a pile of junk so I might just say eff it and go to a hobby shop and get new ones.

Next amiibo I need will probably be Falco if he's coming out or maybe Mewtwo/Famicom R.O.B.

Boogiepop

Also nice to note: I appreciate that all the cards in each pack are in (reverse) order. Makes slotting things into a pile/collection way easier.

tumblr_nv97arqX881s5pupqo6_1280.jpg

Got my retros today.

But man, they had a LOT of those in stock. Kind of wish they had other Amiibo available to buy, though...
This is such an awesome picture! What is that giant arm thing carrying Ness, if I might ask?
It looks very... deliberate? I think that's the word I'm looking for!

ChrisD

Our Gamestops and Targets had loads of AC card packs, so I bought just one. They're kind of disappointing tbh. A lot flimsier than I was hoping. I did get Peanut and Digby, though, so I'm not too bummed. Will be trading or selling off the other four (Jambette *shudder*).

All three of the Retros are GLORIOUS. They all look perfect for the price point. Really glad they're not rare, because more people should have them.

Went to gamestop today and picked up my Retro pack, also traded in my XBOX ONE controller to get the Lunar white one..then went to Target and bought 3 amiibo card packs..those amiibo cards are VERY easy to find..I just hope I dont end up with a bunch of duplicates since I ordered them from walmart and amazon and now got some from Target

carlos

So much retro 3 pack stock!
aside from the preorders, there were still 22 packs hanging on the wall; meanwhile, no other amibos except a handful of the originals (zelda peach, etc).

sealed NA Pit for trade btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom