• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Hey let's just google the card packs really quick and...

Well shit, someone cleared out all the stores around me. Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, all gone.

At least the temptation isn't there to pull me in!

I haven't bought any cards yet because part of me doesn't want them but you guys are making it hard to avoid.
I just bought a pack of cards to get it out of my system. Went with a friend, we got cards together and we traded. Got the full card experience (except for using them in a game, of course).

No need for me to let temptation build and tear me apart! Gotta stay ahead of it!

For the record, if you wanted enough cards to trade for a full set, you need 17 packs. This will net you 85 common cards (2 over the 83 unique cards) and 17 NPC characters (of which there are...17!)

I need 3 more packs to round out a full set

I just bought a pack of cards to get it out of my system. Went with a friend, we got cards together and we traded. Got the full card experience (except for using them in a game, of course).

No need for me to let temptation build and tear me apart! Gotta stay ahead of it!
That's not a bad idea. Maybe just one to get it out of the way. Yeah, just one.

Amiibro

Anyone want to sell any doubles so they can use the money for more packs? I really need Isabelle and DJ KK. I have two extra Saharah and one extra Sable. If a trade is wanted.

Boogiepop

Well, got another pack in today, up to 53 now (this pack was half new, half repeats. Unfortunately the "Special" was another Digby, so I now have two doubles of him). Really want to start setting up trades since I'm worried more and more people will set those up now, but I have to wait till at least Monday (probably Tuesday) for the rest of my purchased packs to arrive so I can open them and THEN sort out trades once I know what I have.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Got Bob in my first pack too. Yay.

And? It's not very smart. You end up reaching a point where buying a pack is going to net you almost all doubles, based on the odds. I was getting to that point with my later packs, where every card was a double.

That's when you stop and end up trading the rest to save a lot of time and money. The NA packs aren't like the Japanese versions, where a whole case could get you a set easily.

Agreed. Big waste.

kiryogi

Banned
Reposting from AC Happy Home Designer thread, totally didnt think about this topic:

Went kinda crazy! Quite a few dupes if anyone's interested in trading:

pzKaC6i.jpg

Common dupes, 1 Renee, 1 Eugene, 1 Bertha, 2 Bob, 1 chief, 2 Jeremiah, 1 pancetti, 1 bill, 1 limberg, 1lionel,1 Monique, 2 axel, 2mint, 1 nate, 1 molly, 2 fauna, 1 gigi, 1 punchy, 1 bunny, 1 Knox, 1 quillson, 1 deli, 1 snake,

Special dupes, 1 kapn, 1 Sable, 2 Joan, 2 tortimer, 1 Isabelle

The one Isabelle is possibly called for already. Just need to talk more with the person that PM-ed me.

Reposting from AC Happy Home Designer thread, totally didnt think about this topic:

Went kinda crazy! Quite a few dupes if anyone's interested in trading:

Common dupes, 1 Renee, 1 Eugene, 1 Bertha, 2 Bob, 1 chief, 2 Jeremiah, 1 pancetti, 1 bill, 1 limberg, 1lionel,1 Monique, 2 axel, 2mint, 1 nate, 1 molly, 2 fauna, 1 gigi, 1 punchy, 1 bunny, 1 Knox, 1 quillson, 1 deli, 1 snake,

Special dupes, 1 kapn, 1 Sable, 2 Joan, 2 tortimer, 1 Isabelle

The one Isabelle is possibly called for already. Just need to talk more with the person that PM-ed me.

PM incoming, i need me some Kapp'n love

Hatchtag

Banned
Man all the ones I pre-ordered at Walmart were at Best Buy today. I want them, but I'm not in any hurry to pick up commons. I got concerts to go to and colleges to pay.

But just in case it was a fluke, Ganondorf, ZSS and Olimar did end up being common, right?

So, now im at a good 20-something amiibo.

I'm tempted to go for HORI's play & display cases, but theyre too big for a lot of the figures and would take up way too much space. Doesn't help that only Japan got the smaller ones. And why are these things $8 a piece??! Disney Infinitey 3-pack display units are only $14.

A "multiple" Amiibo display case needs to happen. One that can hold maybe 5 or so at a time, and as the HORI cases, the figures should "snap" into the base, to prevent rattling around and damage to them.

KingBroly

Banned
Man all the ones I pre-ordered at Walmart were at Best Buy today. I want them, but I'm not in any hurry to pick up commons. I got concerts to go to and colleges to pay.

But just in case it was a fluke, Ganondorf, ZSS and Olimar did end up being common, right?

Kinda uncommon-ish. I'd say it's ZSS > Olimar > Ganon right now. I imagine more Ganons are coming, though, with Triforce Heroes on the way.

Maengun1

It's pretty crazy that there's now an entire series of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, but there's still not yet been a significant restock of the Smash Villager amiibo in NA (I know there's a restock coming finally, right?)

Villager is the one Smash amiibo I really want that I still don't have. Even the imports of him never dropped down as low as the others (he always seems to be around $30 minimum whereas virtually every other one drops to 20 or lower often).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
With the fact there's 2 Animal Crossing spin-off games coming out that utilize Villager, we should hopefully see more stores other than TRU getting restocks. Heck, isn't the Villager amiibo the only one that works on Happy Home Designer? Edit: Well, excluding the Animal Crossing line, obviously.

Would be amazing if I could recreate the time I was able to walk into GameStop & pick up Marth to buy him at retail price, except with Villager.

MrBigBoy

Ugh these Amiibo are making me bankrupt :p

Got Bowser Jr. and ZSS yesterday. They also had the blue and pink Woolen Yoshi's, I have the green one, but they were 20 euros each...

Now I'm still looking for the Splatoon Amiibo pack and Shulk.

KingBroly

Banned
It's pretty crazy that there's now an entire series of Animal Crossing amiibo cards, but there's still not yet been a significant restock of the Smash Villager amiibo in NA (I know there's a restock coming finally, right?)

Villager is the one Smash amiibo I really want that I still don't have. Even the imports of him never dropped down as low as the others (he always seems to be around $30 minimum whereas virtually every other one drops to 20 or lower often).

I'm guessing it'll come alongside Amiibo Festival, if not sooner, though I don't know when that comes out. I don't get why they never said 'hey, Villager is your character from Animal Crossing. A lot of people are going to want him.'

Given that Lucario, Little Mac Fox and Greninja restocks are happening in other stores besides TRU, it's fair to think other stores are getting Villager as well.

You should start trading and make two full sets, then sell one set to make back some money.

Sell a shiny plus five regular cards to people for 5 bucks a pop. Do that and trades. With the selling you'll get some money back.

I've got a friend who is gonna buy as complete a set I can create from my doubles for $1 a card. I also promised a few people who helped me amass this many cards that I would give them a few packs of cards worth of characters they wanted.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My current amiibo setup:

I'm thinking of installing some small lights above the amiibo shelves. I'm also looking into adding another glass shelve because I'm currently running out of space and I plan to get the Chibi-Robo, Yoshi, and Animal Crossing line-up before years end. Or I could invest in a second cabinet....

Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated!

Edit: I was thinking of organizing them by the character's release date or grouping similar franchises together. Would that be more appealing? Right now I just have my favorite and/or newest Amiibos at the front.

je_ssi e

Finally completing all the Mario Kart 8 racing suits.
Donkey Kong is the last one I needed. Back in the day I planned to only get my Smash mains. Then, I kept getting more and he was always one I'd just get later. I was holding out for a Super Mario Bros. version initially. Then, the Skylanders one. The SMB one never came and the Sky one... ech.

I saw a ton a few months ago at TRU, but they're all but gone. Just ordered one off Amazon and paid a few more cents than I would have had I gotten it from TRU.

Picked up another AC card pack while I was out, though. Out of five packs I've gotten three repeats. Not bad. I've gotten a lot of the ones I've wanted thus far as well.

Isabelle, Kapp'n, Digby, Pascal, Lyle, Al, Jambette, Tiffany, Alli x2, Octavian, Gigi, Sterling, Opal, SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE x2, Pudge, Monique, Gruff, Biff, Amelia, Truffles x2, Chief, Henry, Peanut, Willow, Cole, Roald & Molly.

Not doing trades yet. Holding out for that until I get 100+ cards. And, any doubles I get until then I'm already sending to a friend that plans to actually use them. Haha.

She's supposed to send me her doubles, too.

27/100 so far, though. Not bad.
I haven't collected trading cards in a long time. It's super fun to open them up and see what you get. I missed this.

Boogiepop

Maaaaan. 4 packs today, and 16/24 were repeats, bringing my 53 up to 61. And three of those repeats were specials, including another Mr Resetti (so now he's another one I have 2 extras of). Bleh. Got 3 more packs coming tomorrow, and then I'm going to hope that the trading thread will be merciful. At the very least, I need that last penguin! Come on, Puck! (Also, just realized I can't get all the Specials I want from just these packs. That's... unfortunate. So again, hopefully trading works out well!)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Had bought a couple packs yesterday at NFM and left about 11 others.
Target had some packs today still but probably because they're marked as 12.99 still. Not going to bother PM'ing to get the correct msrp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom