• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

The journey is almost over.

qwNnmlG.jpg

Where can one get those clear display steps?

Ordered the Chibi-Robo bundle on Friday.

Saw a Pac-Man at Gamestop on Saturday and bought it.

Retro 3-Pack came in the mail today.

...help

Just don't try to get all of the Fire Emblem characters, you'll be safe beyond that. Sheik and the Kid Icarus trio are tempting my $80 right now. I don't need to spend on $120 on the Fire Emblem 4 right now with Roy coming afterwards.

Was going to try for Little Mac, Cap Falc or Fox during this re-stock but it's beginning to look like it's not going to happen. I was hoping the Nintendo Store in NYC would get some but nada.

Was going to try for Little Mac, Cap Falc or Fox during this re-stock but it's beginning to look like it's not going to happen. I was hoping the Nintendo Store in NYC would get some but nada.

I've been checking my TRU every day. Found some Captain's there a few days back before the shipment of the restocks was even reported to have gone out too.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So is that second Mario Party line with regular purple-and-yellow Wario just never happening?

I love the WarioWare one, but it's really weird not having a standard model, Wario-as-he-appears-in-90%-of-the-games-he's-in Wario in the amiibo collection.

So is that second Mario Party line with regular purple-and-yellow Wario just never happening?

I love the WarioWare one, but it's really weird not having a standard model, Wario-as-he-appears-in-90%-of-the-games-he's-in Wario in the amiibo collection.

They may release that line of amiibos for the new Mario Tennis, I hope.

I've been checking my TRU every day. Found some Captain's there a few days back before the shipment of the restocks was even reported to have gone out too.

There's a TRU down the street from where I live so I'm going to do the same. If I happen across one I'll grab it but I really only want the Little Mac. Kicking myself for not getting Mac and Villager when I was at Nintendo World a few months ago.

Tirod

Unfortunately, I don't think the restocking is going to benefit me.

I visited my local TRU on the way to a lunch date, and there were 3 people just hanging around the toys to life section just waiting.

My area is too Amiibo savvy, and I just want Captain Falcon for Mario Kart 8 T_T

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My GS still had 3 of the retro pack, so again, save for 8-bit Mario & maybe Ganondorf, seems this wave was handled rather well.

Ecto311

CO9Cv9gl.jpg

2pSpIykl.jpg

Anyone else seen the amiibo cards for AC already on clearance? I got 2 packs today and have no interest in this game. Maybe my daughter will use the in the future.

Velcro Fly

Got my last Best Buy pack

no doubles! 10 packs and the special card with the game and all are unique. 11/17 special characters.

48/100 right now

Hatchtag

Banned
CO9Cv9gl.jpg

2pSpIykl.jpg

Anyone else seen the amiibo cards for AC already on clearance? I got 2 packs today and have no interest in this game. Maybe my daughter will use the in the future.

Are you sure you're buying AC Cards for tree fiddy from Wal-mart, and not from a giant crustacean from the Paleolithic Era?

My GS still had 3 of the retro pack, so again, save for 8-bit Mario & maybe Ganondorf, seems this wave was handled rather well.
I've yet to see an 8-bit Mario or Ganondorf. The latter is being sent to me by a very generous friend so it's just that Mario and even then I keep going back and forth on whether I want it or not. Side note: The Retro 3-pack is amazing. They all look great.

Yarbskoo

Ganondorf finally arrived in the mail from Walmart.
JKc8ovn.png

The eyes are a little derpy, and there are some paint issues, as you can see on the front with the gold paint, but the overall level of detail is impressive.
NmVhWbv.png
AnuCtpO.png
FjAFlyy.png
0lD9zOr.png
yawNiow.png
wRKm80h.png

i just had a guy on reddit use the fact that villager is a rare amiibo to argue that the series isnt popular. Why are so many people afraid to admit that animal crossing series is now more popular than say metroid, kirby, and to some extent zelda.

i just had a guy on reddit use the fact that villager is a rare amiibo to argue that the series isnt popular. Why are so many people afraid to admit that animal crossing series is now more popular than say metroid, kirby, and to some extent zelda.

I mean, New Leaf is sitting at just under 10 million sales. I'm not even sure how any one could even attempt to argue it's not popular. There's a reason Nintendo is pumping out two spin-offs in one season.

I mean, New Leaf is sitting at just under 10 million sales. I'm not even sure how any one could even attempt to argue it's not popular. There's a reason Nintendo is pumping out two spin-offs in one season.

I pointed that out to him along with the fact that wild world sold 12.7 million but continued to argue. I get that alot of hardcore nintendo fans dont like it and get mad when one gets made over other franchises but sales numbers dont lie.

As someone who heard nothing but "What's that?" when I was hooked by and raving about the first game on GameCube, I'm thrilled to see the series become what it is. It's really quite amazing, actually, seeing how far it's come.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is the obsession with Isabelle and her sort of standing as the mascot for the series. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but there are many characters to love and I wish Tortimer got more respect.

Dominator

After 12 packs, I have 51 cards so far. I have 21 duplicates. Can't really complain, that ratio isn't so bad.

Gonna start trading after I have 100 total so I can trade to completion.

As someone who heard nothing but "What's that?" when I was hooked by and raving about the first game on GameCube, I'm thrilled to see the series become what it is. It's really quite amazing, actually, seeing how far it's come.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is the obsession with Isabelle and her sort of standing as the mascot for the series. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but there are many characters to love and I wish Tortimer got more respect.
I don't know. It kind of makes sense having Isabelle as the new mascot. I feel like the series got really popular with New Leaf.

Plus Isabelle is so sweet.

illadelph

The way that Nintendo has been on a role with their online titles (Splatoon and Mario Maker), I have high hopes for what the next true Animal Crossing will do.

My retro guys just arrived, and I just managed to squeeze them onto my shelf.

Everyone fits nice and snug now, no idea where I'm going to fit Falco and the DLC characters :p

Feels incomplete without Ice Climbers though :(

Hylian7

I got the Retro 3-pack in the other day. Really nice figures.

I thought I would tell this story here. I nickname all my amiibos something clever related to what character they are. Here are the ones I had before I got the Retro 3-Pack:

Zelda - Zeruda
Yoshi - Yawsheh
Mega Man - Megamuhn
Palutena - Lady P
Rosalina - Rosalinda
Inkling Boy - Tentaculo
Inkling Girl - Inkla
Inkling Squid - Squidoo

The Retro 3-pack had my best names yet:

Duck Hunt - DogDynasty
ROB - ROB 8 (Star Fox 64's ROB is ROB 64, so ROB was an NES accessory, 8-bit, so ROB 8)
Mr. Game & Watch - Originally I had "999:9Smash", but then this story happened and I changed it. I had the amiibo on the coffee table in the living room, and my girlfriend at one point asked me "Can you move your watchmen off the table?" I said "You look up and shout "Move your watchmen!"...and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Suffice to say G&W is now "Watchmen"

I got the Retro 3-pack in the other day. Really nice figures.

I thought I would tell this story here. I nickname all my amiibos something clever related to what character they are. Here are the ones I had before I got the Retro 3-Pack:

Zelda - Zeruda
Yoshi - Yawsheh
Mega Man - Megamuhn
Palutena - Lady P
Rosalina - Rosalinda
Inkling Boy - Tentaculo
Inkling Girl - Inkla
Inkling Squid - Squidoo

The Retro 3-pack had my best names yet:

Duck Hunt - DogDynasty
ROB - ROB 8 (Star Fox 64's ROB is ROB 64, so ROB was an NES accessory, 8-bit, so ROB 8)
Mr. Game & Watch - Originally I had "999:9Smash", but then this story happened and I changed it. I had the amiibo on the coffee table in the living room, and my girlfriend at one point asked me "Can you move your watchmen off the table?" I said "You look up and shout "Move your watchmen!"...and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Suffice to say G&W is now "Watchmen"

Second Watchmen reference I've seen today... weird. Same reference too.

Zalman

Hey Americans, I’m visiting next week (LA, if it matters) and I’m looking to buy some amiibo since they’re way cheaper there. I’m missing quite a few commons, like the entire Super Mario series (except Toad), so I think it’s a great opportunity to stock up. Are there any in-store deals these days I can take advantage of? I feel like I hear about them pretty often, but I’m guessing they’re all probably online.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo's Twitter: "Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, Lucario, Fox & Captain Falcon will be restocked @ select retailers soon "

Neoxon

Nintendo's Twitter: "Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, Lucario, Fox & Captain Falcon will be restocked @ select retailers soon "
Same for Facebook. Though we already know that Shulk will be at both Best Buy & Toys R' Us. Likewise, Lucario & Greninja will be available at Best Buy.

I don't know. It kind of makes sense having Isabelle as the new mascot. I feel like the series got really popular with New Leaf.

Plus Isabelle is so sweet.
Oh, it absolutely was New Leaf that has done great things for the series and like I said, I think Isabelle is great, I don't dislike her. It's just in terms of a mascot for the series, I don't but to each their own I guess. K.K. Slider forever!

Feels incomplete without Ice Climbers though :(
;_______;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom