• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Kid

Thinking of changing up my setup. Anyone have any good display cabinets they use? I was think the Detolf from Ikea, but would definitely be up for finding something better if someone knows of anything.

Drago

Took down my old display (ran out of room...) and put up some swanky new, bigger shelves.

EaQhuNS.jpg

Hopefully I don't run out of room again (considering the future lineup that won't be a problem... for now), worst case scenario I'll just have to move them all closer together. Real happy with the end result though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Mewtwo will NOT be store exclusive, thank goodness. After 3 out of 5 of the Pokemon amiibo were exclusives either at Target or TRU, nice to see he'll be available everywhere.

Anime

Neo Member
Can anyone help me clarify which wave we are on currently?Im still miising dark pit and retro 3 pack and want to make sure where we go from here.

Drago

Can anyone help me clarify which wave we are on currently?Im still miising dark pit and retro 3 pack and want to make sure where we go from here.
We're on Wave 6 (Retro trio and Mii trio). Dark Pit was Wave 5 (5A to be precise)

Probably the last "wave" as we know them, regarding Smash anyway. After them we have standalone releases for Mewtwo and Falco, and then all that's left is the remaining DLC characters. I suppose they will be Wave 7 if they all come out at the same time.

Rizific

How'd you miss the retro 3 pack? I think gs was still taking pre orders right up until they came out. My gs even had some to sell that weren't pre orders.

Still debating on buying the three Mii Fighters.

I really just do not care for them, but I'd like to have a complete Smash set.

Here's hoping they go on sale.

If even Ness can manage to be overstocked and go on sale, Mii's definitely should.

So.... Amazon Germany has the Lucina amiibo up for standard MSRP: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00SSU6936/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1638&creative=19454&creativeASIN=B00SSU6936&linkCode=as2&tag=amiibotipps-21

Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3mopa4/amiibo_lucina_only_1299_at_amazonde/

12,99 Eur or ~$14.49

I think this is the cheapest I've seen this amiibo, so get it, I know I can't right now.

Edit: The amazon link is not working for me for some reason, added the reddit post

RK128

I was surprised to see this yesterday when walking through my gamestop to drop off my resume (they are a cashier spot open :D!), I saw a lot of Amiibo for a change XD! My local Gamestop rare gets Amiibo, so seeing my Gamestop have a ton of of them was surprising.

They had the following:
-Two Zero Suit Samus's
-One Gandondorf
-Two-Four Olmiar
-A bunch of the Retro Three-Pack

Its a gamestop in NY, West Hempsted (Cherry Valley) so if anyone needs to get the amiibo, as of 9/27/15, they had the above there :D!

bumpkin

Hmm... I wonder if the AC amiibo cards will be compatible with either amiibo Festival or whatever proper AC might (hopefully) be in the works for Wii U.

RK128

Hmm... I wonder if the AC amiibo cards will be compatible with either amiibo Festival or whatever proper AC might (hopefully) be in the works for Wii U.

If I heard correctly, the Wii U amiibo game has support for the AC Amiibo Cards, so they will do something for that game at least :).

I think they also work with Mario Maker (as there are a lot of AC characters to unlock for the Mystery Mushroom).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PudgyBunny and I decided to buy a couple packs of Animal Crossing cards on Friday ... y'know, just for the heck of it. No plans to buy the game or collect all the cards, just thought it would be fun. We got Tom Nook in the first pack we opened! Cool! That's actually a guy we recognize!

Then later that evening we bought two more packs from a different store. Hardly any doubles! We totally need to stop, though. These things are kinda pricey at $1 per card.

Then the next day while I was making a run for a few groceries, I stopped over at Toys R Us, took advantage of their Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off sale by buying four packs and redeemed two $5 TRU gift cards from Bing Rewards on my phone so I could get all four packs for just under $14.

I HAVE A PROBLEM HELP ME

Garlador

So, now im at a good 20-something amiibo.

I'm tempted to go for HORI's play & display cases, but theyre too big for a lot of the figures and would take up way too much space. Doesn't help that only Japan got the smaller ones. And why are these things $8 a piece??! Disney Infinitey 3-pack display units are only $14.

A "multiple" Amiibo display case needs to happen. One that can hold maybe 5 or so at a time, and as the HORI cases, the figures should "snap" into the base, to prevent rattling around and damage to them.

I'm sort of in a similar boat. I would like to get an IKEA DETOLF, but the nearest store is about 3 hours away and it probably wouldn't fit in my tiny car.

I'm looking into good alternatives. I'm also open to suggestions. I would like to put these things on display.

Draxal

The AC cards have dice and rock/paper/scissors on them (that's what their support will probably be for non special cards).

mstevens

So.... Amazon Germany has the Lucina amiibo up for standard MSRP: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00SSU6936/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1638&creative=19454&creativeASIN=B00SSU6936&linkCode=as2&tag=amiibotipps-21

Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3mopa4/amiibo_lucina_only_1299_at_amazonde/

12,99 Eur or ~$14.49

I think this is the cheapest I've seen this amiibo, so get it, I know I can't right now.

Edit: The amazon link is not working for me for some reason, added the reddit post

Bought! It still ended up being $29 with shipping and conversion, but it's better than paying scalpers.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to cancel my Best Buy preorder of the Yoshi Bundle. I just can't see myself getting to the game anytime soon with my backlog (which already has a few platformers in it). Especially with Super Mario Maker eating up all my 2D platformer gaming time for the foreseeable future.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Kinda uncommon-ish. I'd say it's ZSS > Olimar > Ganon right now. I imagine more Ganons are coming, though, with Triforce Heroes on the way.

I think it's a little regional. Around here Olimar is most common, ZSS is uncommon to rare, and I haven't seen Ganon since launch day.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
PudgyBunny and I decided to buy a couple packs of Animal Crossing cards on Friday ... y'know, just for the heck of it. No plans to buy the game or collect all the cards, just thought it would be fun. We got Tom Nook in the first pack we opened! Cool! That's actually a guy we recognize!

Then later that evening we bought two more packs from a different store. Hardly any doubles! We totally need to stop, though. These things are kinda pricey at $1 per card.

Then the next day while I was making a run for a few groceries, I stopped over at Toys R Us, took advantage of their Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off sale by buying four packs and redeemed two $5 TRU gift cards from Bing Rewards on my phone so I could get all four packs for just under $14.

I HAVE A PROBLEM HELP ME

I believe the exact words were, "Great googly moogly, these things are $6 a pack?"

If you think about it one way $1 per is expensive for trading cards. If you think about it the other way, $1 per is really cheap for amiibos......

I just went to pick up my Retro pack and the GameStop guy told me that they're releasing the swimsuit version of Samus in Japan only.

I almost bought it since he paired it with Famicom ROB.

Velcro Fly

My cards from GameStop shipped Friday.

The tracking number they gave me still is not working.

I work during the day so it's always nice to be able to tell the people I live with I have something coming on this and this day. I'm mildly annoyed right now.

Also I live about a block away from a UPS distribution center. Best Buy stuff usually comes UPS. My last card pack from them went UPS all the way and then handed over to the U.S. Mail which is actually further away. I'm glad I don't actually pay for shipping because that is infuriating.

Defect

Went to TRU and no restocks yet. Another store further away had some Little Macs apparently but I'll wait and keep hoping for my store to get some this week.

KingBroly

Banned
I think it's very funny that all the cards go in descending order. I have no idea how they managed that.

I don't have Diana, but I only have Snake and Jambette as extras. 22 uniques out of 24 cards so far. I got Tortimer today!

Camjo-Z

Ordered the Chibi-Robo bundle on Friday.

Saw a Pac-Man at Gamestop on Saturday and bought it.

Retro 3-Pack came in the mail today.

...help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom