• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who's going to be that one person in life who buys a crap-load of Mii amiibos and customizes each and every one of them to be every Mii costume/character outfit in the game/dlc?

A custom Mii Viridi amiibo next to the Kid Icarus cast, or Chrom and the Black Knight set up with the Fire Emblem units to go further on their collections, stuff like that.

Welcome your wallets to death and the furthest regions of the underworld and back if you do that.

8c9e8fc8d6322adabda4dbf56137b6ec.jpg

Finally

The restocks are real. TRU in northern VA had a bunch of stuff. Little Mac, Fox, Greninja, Lucario, and I'm told Captain Falcon sold out before I arrived. Was a lot of Macs too. Enough that I wasn't even mad when a guy just took a full peg of him and Lucarios and ran off with them.

Hobbun

Nintendo's Twitter: "Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, Lucario, Fox & Captain Falcon will be restocked @ select retailers soon "

I hadn't been in the amiibo hunt for awhile now, but when I stopped in at TRU, I found a boat load of Little Macs, Lucarios, Foxes, Greninjas and Captain Falcons. Had to be at least a dozen of them each.

Already had Little Mac, but picked up one of each of the other four.

Boogiepop

Looks like it comes out to about $20 US with shipping? I can do that. Now, again, I just need to get the rest of the cards I need. Wish that the card trading thread got more traffic...

(Also, this would be a terrible item to have if you didn't want/couldn't get all of them. It'd just be taunting you about it...)

I hadn't been in the amiibo hunt for awhile now, but when I stopped in at TRU, I found a boat load of Little Macs, Lucarios, Foxes, Greninjas and Captain Falcons. Had to be at least a dozen of them each.

Already had Little Mac, but picked up one of each of the other four.

Any idea if there's a way to tell a first print run from these reprints?

Just picked up Little Mac from Toys R Us. There was about twenty of him, ten C. Falcon, ten Fox and Greninja.

Then one Ganondorf.

Feels good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it comes out to about $20 US with shipping? I can do that. Now, again, I just need to get the rest of the cards I need. Wish that the card trading thread got more traffic...

(Also, this would be a terrible item to have if you didn't want/couldn't get all of them. It'd just be taunting you about it...)

More like $27 after conversion when I checked XE. Still, it's nice to have a place to house all the cards :)

Those new AC Amiibos.... oh boy.... :x

Boogiepop

More like $27 after conversion when I checked XE. Still, it's nice to have a place to house all the cards :)

Those new AC Amiibos.... oh boy.... :x
...My stupid brain thought I was paying Euros and not Pounds. Welp. Hm, that's a bit more expensive. May have to think on if I want to keep that preorder or not, then.

...Still no Redd. Or Tortimer. Or Kapp'n. Or Brewster. All of whom I'd probably want before Kicks and Celeste, but oh well. I'll take what I can get, I guess. Also, calm Resetti was an... unusual choice.

Hobbun

Not that I can tell.

But what really is the difference if it is another print run? They all are posed the same as the originals (what I see from pictures) and I am sure do the same when playing the game(s) associated with them.

So, we can probably expect these "Wave 2" guys later, right? N-not on launch? Because RIP my wallet. I'd love all these guys to be in good stock, but I'm afraid they're not going to be and I'm gonna have to buy them all at launch.

Well, maybe just the KK and Llama 3 pack. I'm going to go on a limb and say they'll package Resetti, Blathers and Celeste together or maybe Resetti with Kicks and someone else or something.

I believe it was discovered that there's a small number difference on them, can't remember if it's on the package (the etched in numbers) or on the bottom of the base. There's nothing really special about it though. Looks like theSlacker posted right before I edited this, but there's also a difference on the back of the package with the 3DS and Wii U being shown.

Check the back. The newest reprints have a different back that shows off the 3ds as well as the WiiU game pad, unlike the old ones that just show off the game pad. This doesn't work on all amiibo as some had a reprint before that change. Marth I think got different eyes before that change for instance.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
RESETTI HAS LEGS?!?!?

All seriousness, why not have his lower half be underground like he appears most of the time/his most famous "pose"

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
vTgwFdy.png

For easy thread viewing. Feels weird to have a passive, standing Resetti.

Velcro Fly

Oh man those AC figures

Glad they are dated in Japan because I'm buying them all.

Nintendo has me so good. I'm just done for.

Where is Kapp'n though :(

say hello to our smash line replacement especially if the put out a figure for every special villager in the game could be another multi wave figure line >.< Now shut up and give e my gulliver amiibo!!!!!

kyo2004

For the first time in a lifetime... here in South America is pretty easy to get rare amiibos... (sorry for the potato quality)

24WxTxO.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/4StJL

Pretty certain I found a Fox Defect Amiibo today - is this thing worth anything? I know a similar one sold well in the past, but no idea if the market still supports that kind of money.

Either way, this is still pretty neat. The defect is his missing visor, by the way. It's just nowhere to be found.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/woLrT9J.jpg[/IMG]

HardRojo

For the first time in a lifetime... here in South America is pretty easy to get rare amiibos... (sorry for the potato quality)

24WxTxO.jpg

We got all of those here in Peru but Little Mac. Hopefully they'll bring him too. (Or maybe they did already?) l'll try and check tomorrow. Where was this picture taken by the way? Chile?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
http://imgur.com/a/4StJL

Pretty certain I found a Fox Defect Amiibo today - is this thing worth anything? I know a similar one sold well in the past, but no idea if the market still supports that kind of money.

Either way, this is still pretty neat. The defect is his missing visor, by the way. It's just nowhere to be found.

It's worth MSRP. The whole "NEW RARE DEFECT MISSING VISOR" may have been successful in the past, but now people can barely make a profit on regular NA amiibo. If anything, it's a fun defect to own. Not like you wanted to profit off of it anyway.

It's worth MSRP. The whole "NEW RARE DEFECT MISSING VISOR" may have been successful in the past, but now people can barely make a profit on regular NA amiibo. If anything, it's a fun defect to own. Not like you wanted to profit off of it anyway.

That's what I was thinking, to be honest - it was just neat to find it like that. Not selling or trading it since he actually looks rather sweet with the visor gone.

Cheers, friend. Appreciate the response.

RAAWWR?! There's more?!? Nintendo has peeled the onion of madness upon the exterior of my noggin!

And one of them's a badger?? That's even more random than the pink and blue llama-yaks from before!!

Kitoro

RESETTI HAS LEGS?!?!?

All seriousness, why not have his lower half be underground like he appears most of the time/his most famous "pose"

Because that would be too complex as a playable character in the new Wii U party game, especially for minigames.

KingBroly

Banned
Going by SMM, there are 17 Animal Crossing costumes including Villager, so if all of them were to be an amiibo, there'd be 4 more, including Timmy & Tommy, Rover and Spring/Summer Isabelle (AF has Winter Isabelle). There's another one, but I forgot.

I'd rather have Builder Mario personally, since that means I wouldn't have to play Gnat Attack.

And it's clear to me that Animal Crossing is Nintendo's next main amiibo game/series after Smash, but...eh. I hope they decide to finish the Mario line with Rosalina, True Wario and DK soon-ish.

1up

Got Little Mac at Toys R Us without a problem yesterday. It will be going to my friend for Christmas as we have a thing for who has the shortest time to knock out Glass Joe and Gabby Jay going on for 10+ years now.

Garlador

My Gamestop is flooded right now with the Retro 3-pack, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Squid kids, and Ganondorf and has been for over a weeks.

It gives me hope the insanity is starting to die down.

willizle02

Neo Member
My Gamestop is flooded right now with the Retro 3-pack, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Squid kids, and Ganondorf and has been for over a weeks.

It gives me hope the insanity is starting to die down.

No, it's actually pretty bad. I went to gamestop yesterday to return my retro 3pack
money issues ;~;
and I was kind upset that I was gunna have to wait a REALLY long time before getting another since they'd be sold out and what not.

Not only was I wrong, but they had a whole amiibo pillar thing dedicated to the retro 3 pack, which was an easy 30 of em, AND behind the cashier was a completely full wall of the 3 packs which was easily another 40 or so. It was incredible, but also kinda sad.

AdanVC

Do you guys think NoA is starting to improve their amiibo stock on the region? Here in Mexico, several retails are getting lot's of re-stock of Little Mac, Splatoon 3 pack, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, etc. etc. plus the ones of the current wave such as Zero suit samus, Olimar and so on.

Almost a year later... I guess it's better late than never

KingBroly

Banned
Do you guys think NoA is starting to improve their amiibo stock on the region? Here in Mexico, several retails are getting lot's of re-stock of Little Mac, Splatoon 3 pack, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, etc. etc. plus the ones of the current wave such as Zero suit samus, Olimar and so on.

Almost a year later... I guess it's better late than never

Kinda...but some amiibo were never on shelves long enough an those are still an issue. Little Mac, Falcon and Pit being the BIG offenders. I know the former 2 seem to have a decent restock right now, but Pit...just a ghost.

I'm just fortunate to have gotten a Little Mac when I did.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
OT has been updated with AC goodness! Added the new amiibo Festival bundle image, wave 2 figures, and reformatted the cards section.

p6qeXkr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom