• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official

KK is $35
but you get the two alpacas with him

Isabelle is $60
but you get Digby, three probably exclusive cards, and a game that no one wants with her

NoA sure knows how to put the screws to the fanbase

Going to import Isabelle and Digby. Might spring for the 3 pack here and others since I want them all anyway.

The game they can have. Even discounting the two full priced amiibo that come with it, $35 for something I'd never ever play is too much.

Uh, they're yaks.

Bane

Yeah, I checked the site 10 minutes after Amiibo news tweeted he was up and it was gone.

I'm waiting for Amazon anyway but am now worried the prices will be crazy.

kirby_fox

Banned
Seeing that we've yet to have any details surrounding the Miis, Mewtwo or Falco next month, I'm hoping that implies they are NOT store exclusives.

I would love to walk into a store on those days and just grab one off the shelf. I'd love it more if the Mii Fighters weren't sold in a 3 pack, but I have doubts about that.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't get NOA selling ROB, Duck Hunt and G&W as a 3-pack.

Duck Hunt for $15 with DH on VC code (Wiimote needed to play [$39.99 MSRP])

G&W for $20 with 3 extra stands

R.O.B. amiibo 2-pack (NES and Famicom versions) for $25

Your bank account is mine. Hire me Nintendo, as a Nintendo fan, I can exploit the masses.

Drago

I'm just gonna try my luck with Amazon JP for FamiROB. Thankfully they tend to put listings up for amiibos a few hours before they go live so I'll be prepared. Not to mention that the last few waves of amiibo preorders on there have all lasted several hours if not days, even with higher import demand for ROB I think I'll be safe.

kirby_fox

Banned

Your bank account is mine. Hire me Nintendo, as a Nintendo fan, I can exploit the masses.

That's not exploiting enough. Let me steal your job: all are retailer exclusive, Duck Hunt comes with special limited edition Duck Hunt Wiimote design that looks like the NES zapper and retails for $49.99.

While we're at it, we're going to make a limited edition ROB amiibo that is basically just an actual ROB that doesn't function as anything but an amiibo. But plaster "2015 special edition" on it.

Josh5890

That's the scary part. Nintendo does a great job exploiting us already (see Mega Yarn Yoshi) but they could kill us so much more.

That's not exploiting enough. Let me steal your job: all are retailer exclusive, Duck Hunt comes with special limited edition Duck Hunt Wiimote design that looks like the NES zapper and retails for $69.99.

While we're at it, we're going to make a limited edition ROB amiibo that is basically just an actual ROB that doesn't function as anything but an amiibo. But plaster "2015 Fall special edition" on it.

Fixed. Reggie, plz hire me instead.

Jswanko

The stock in Japan has been pretty good, right? My friend is in Japan and I'm curious how hard he'd have to work to find me a Famicom ROB on day one

Defect

I hope my usual TRU still has a few Falcons left today.

Also I wonder when Villager is coming. I hear it should be extremely soon.

Famicom R.O.B. is up on Play-Asia! Remember that he's Japan exclusive, and unless you catch him on AmiAmi or Amazon JP this is most likely your best (albeit expensive) shot.

There was a Famirob here. He is gone now.

Not true.

All the import Amiibos show up on Amazon US via third parties with prime shipping. This is the import route I've gone every single time, I may have to wait a week but it's worth it. I always miss AmiAmi pre-orders and Play-Asia is useless when it comes to shipping. I've had two Amiibos through them show up damaged because of their crappy boxes and they refused to do anything, even when I paid for their more expensive shipping.

Anyone who missed out is better off getting them on Amazon, especially if those people plan to keep them sealed and are worried about the shipping process.

KingBroly

Banned
That's not exploiting enough. Let me steal your job: all are retailer exclusive, Duck Hunt comes with special limited edition Duck Hunt Wiimote design that looks like the NES zapper and retails for $49.99.

While we're at it, we're going to make a limited edition ROB amiibo that is basically just an actual ROB that doesn't function as anything but an amiibo. But plaster "2015 special edition" on it.

See, the point you're missing is that I make it look like a deal when I do it. I make it something you can't refuse, especially if you're already in. With my way, not only do I guarantee your money, but I guarantee other peoples' money who are on the fence.

Just wait until I introduce Smash amiibo cards that show off alternate costumes in both foil and non-foil versions.

HardRojo

I actually would have preferred this lol.

Bane

Well, shit. Went to the TRU in Louisville, KY and got Fox and Falcon but they were out of Mac, the main one I wanted. If anyone else is from that area and curious they had two pegs full of Fox, two Falcons (after mine), a bunch of Lucario and no Greninja.

Skrams

Well, shit. Went to the TRU in Louisville, KY and got Fox and Falcon but they were out of Mac, the main one I wanted. If anyone else is from that area and curious they had two pegs full of Fox, two Falcons (after mine), a bunch of Lucario and no Greninja.
Damn, I've meant to drive there, but I went on a weekend trip to Cincinnati. I think I might check a TRU while I'm here and also see if I can snag something when I get back. Little Mac is what I most want anyway. I mean to pick up everything else besides Fox if I can.

My TRU didn't have any Falcons, had tons of Lucario, Fox, and Greninja, and three Macs. I grabbed two Macs and a Lucario. Still need a Falcon, so if anyone wants to do a straight trade for a Mac that'd be awesome.

Not true.

All the import Amiibos show up on Amazon US via third parties with prime shipping. This is the import route I've gone every single time, I may have to wait a week but it's worth it. I always miss AmiAmi pre-orders and Play-Asia is useless when it comes to shipping. I've had two Amiibos through them show up damaged because of their crappy boxes and they refused to do anything, even when I paid for their more expensive shipping.

Anyone who missed out is better off getting them on Amazon, especially if those people plan to keep them sealed and are worried about the shipping process.

Yeah, I really, really wish I had gone this route instead of paying out the wazoo for shipping on Play-Asia. The amiibos themselves are generally cheaper and with Prime shipping's free. I haven't actually bought one from a third-party seller yet but the ones I've looked at have good reviews generally. Just check those out first and save a ton of money.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Not true.

Yeah, I know, I just had that typed up so I could alert Famirob quickly. He's the only wildcard because he's JP exclusive, so I expect third party prices to be around Play-Asia price even with Prime.

Draxal

Yeah, I know, I just had that typed up so I could alert Famirob quickly. He's the only wildcard because he's JP exclusive, so I expect third party prices to be around Play-Asia price even with Prime.

Ayup, it's going to be higher than the average Japanese import ... but how many people really want two different variants of Rob?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ayup, it's going to be higher than the average Japanese import ... but how many people really want two different variants of Rob?

I'd say fairly high, with many completionists (me).

Also, P-A isn't always... the most reliable delivery source around, anyways. >_>

Yeah, no doubt it will be a bit higher priced, but seeing as he's an exclusive, I think it's worth it.

Defect

Just came home with Captain Falcon. They had tons of everything restocked still from yesterday.

Now I just have to get that Villager restock whenever that comes.

emb

Welll, guess I migh stop by TRU today, even though I just wanna go home and watch Big House. :<

Gotta try for Mac and Greninja.

JavyOO7

I hope I'm right that pre orders for Famicom ROB in amazon.jp will be Oct 7th. I'm only going by the last time pre orders started for the Mario's/Mii Fighters which was also 22 days from release. And I hope there's plenty in stock too...

Curious, has anyone still seen the amiibo cards at retail stores? I haven't been out shopping since last week, and was about to head out..and some of the Walmarts I'm looking at are showing them as having pickup today which I assume means they're available on the floor.

What about like Gamestop, BB, Target, TRU, etc...they still have good stock?
tfw now I have to go buy all of these cards
rip to my wallet and all of my money in the future

EDIT: Oh yeah, had FamiROB in my cart on play asia, by the time I tried to use my coupon (which I thought was for any purchase, didn't read the super small print where it had to be at least $60 kek) he was gone. M-maybe he'll be up again.

Bane

Curious, has anyone still seen the amiibo cards at retail stores? I haven't been out shopping since last week, and was about to head out..and some of the Walmarts I'm looking at are showing them as having pickup today which I assume means they're available on the floor.

What about like Gamestop, BB, Target, TRU, etc...they still have good stock?
tfw now I have to go buy all of these cards
rip to my wallet and all of my money in the future

The gamestop site shows a bunch of stores around me having stock.

ChaosXVI

Managed to snag the last Little Mac and Captain Falcon from my TRU. Feeling extremely satisfied as someone was holding the last Little Mac when I got there...but then put it back for whatever reason and walked away...

Now all I need is Pit and Ike and I've got all of the Smash line! I find it ridiculous that Dark Pit and Palutena were easier to get than Pit himself. Are either of these two due for a restock anytime soon?

Skrams

TRU on Montgomery Rd in Cincinnati had one Cap Falcon and a few Greninjas and Lucario left as far as I remember. All the Mac disappeared yesterday I guess. Bummer since I want him most, but eh, glad I got the ones I did at least.

KingBroly

Banned
The one functionality of the amiibo cards for future AC games that's obvious to me is choosing your villagers from the start, or at least a couple of them.

KingBroly

Banned
I would love a gigantic city or town where you could have a ton of villagers. In the back of the one in HHD, I've seen a bunch of houses.

Assuming they put the next main AC on Consoles, or is Console compatible, you should have more villagers in town. Like 16-20. 8-10 is too few and the town too small.

So with us over here finally getting Yoshi's woolly world in 2 weeks anyone else not planing to pick up all 3 yoshi's and only get 1 color instead? Im thinking of only getting the blue one as i already got 2 green yoshi figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom