• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator

Just bought 5 packs and got 4 new cards. Yup, time to trade. I have 74 originals and over 70 duplicates lol, but I just love buying and opening new packs. When addiction grabs hold, its a bitch. I know its a little different then buying figures because you know what you're getting, but the Amiibo bug is back.

I wonder if they will make the Smash line into cards at some point for people who just want cards.

So with us over here finally getting Yoshi's woolly world in 2 weeks anyone else not planing to pick up all 3 yoshi's and only get 1 color instead? Im thinking of only getting the blue one as i already got 2 green yoshi figures.
I preordered the Bundle one for Yoshi and Chibi as I think getting the figure and the game evens out the cost total.

I also bought the Blue and Pink ones from a kind amiibro overseas so I've already taken care of that series for now lmao. I'm not so keen on the giant one, although it's still rattling the back of my mind. As it's taken over the family computer desk, I think my parents are starting to see that I really like the stuff so who knows..maybe one of them will get it for me and I can save my money lmao

Bane

So with us over here finally getting Yoshi's woolly world in 2 weeks anyone else not planing to pick up all 3 yoshi's and only get 1 color instead? Im thinking of only getting the blue one as i already got 2 green yoshi figures.

I'm cool with just getting the green bundle.

atr0cious

My partner is trying to get me to grab all four, but I think I'm just gonna grab the big green yoshi and either a blue or pink one.

willizle02

Neo Member
I am beyond fuming that I missed the Famicon ROB preorder timeslot. I've been posting so many times since early June about it, and I freaken miss it...

ti9l.jpg

I am upset, gaf. Hold me.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I am beyond fuming that I missed the Famicon ROB preorder timeslot. I've been posting so many times since early June about it, and I freaken miss it...

ti9l.jpg

I am upset, gaf. Hold me.

Wait 'til it's out in the wild, then there will be many listings on Amazon.co.jp and Amazon.com, probably cheaper than Play-Asia, too.

I plan on getting all three colors and Mega. Outside of Shovel Knight they're the last of the upcoming releases I care about trying to get. So I figure why not just go for all four. After that, provided nothing major comes or announced, I can work on some back catalog (late start).

Neoxon

I just called Best Buy, they should be getting their stock of Shulk at around October 6th (that's the street date, & my Best Buy confirmed that there's a shipment of Shulks already on the way).

HardRojo

That Wario amiibo, only hopes to get a Wario amiibo with overalls is if they announce a series 2 of Smash amiibos based off their alt. trophies,

WarioAltTrophy3DS.png
Please no, the nightmare is about to end. I wouldn't be able to go through it all again. Hell! I'm still missing several Smash amiibo, fortunately is mostly commons and restocked ones.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Went to 5 stores today that were all sold out of amiibo cards.

I kind of regret not buying more, only because October is a VERY harsh month with stuff coming out... Just hoping that it won't be yet another form of Amiibo shortage :/ I have around 30ish cards, so I'd just need a few more packs to get myself to have a high enough number to start doing just trades. But, I am worried with how they are already sold out everywhere >_>

Green Yoshi bundle for myself
Blue Yoshi for my brother's birthday
Pink Yohsi for my mom because she loves pink Yoshi

That's what I'm doing.

I kind of regret not buying more, only because October is a VERY harsh month with stuff coming out... Just hoping that it won't be yet another form of Amiibo shortage :/ I have around 30ish cards, so I'd just need a few more packs to get myself to have a high enough number to start doing just trades. But, I am worried with how they are already sold out everywhere >_>

Just you wait until series 2 comes out in novemeber, and all series 1 prices rising due to very little to no stock left (Due to Nintendo transferring production towards series 2, then series 3)

Neoxon

so previous exclusives aren't exclusive anymore or something?
Correct. Shulk, Greninja, & Lucario are only the first to break free from the clutches of GameStop & Toys R' Us respectively. If Target will loosen their grip remains to be seen, but we should expect Ness to break free in due time.

Correct. Shulk, Greninja, & Lucario are only the first to break free of the clutches of GameStop & Toys R' Us respectively. If Target will loosen their grip remains to be seen, but we should expect Ness to break free in due time.

oh thats cool. Already got Greninja & Jr, the only ones I was worried about cause I don't like going to TRU so I'm cool. But its good to know for future waves, if i can't get Mewtwo for example(last amiibo ill get for sure, simply dont have anymore space for them) cause hes TRU exclusive, I'll just wait it out till he's free from them and I can get it for retail price somewhere else.

Whoa, some exclusive amiibos are losing their exclusivity? Cool stuff for those who didn't get them in time!

That Wario amiibo, only hopes to get a Wario amiibo with overalls is if they announce a series 2 of Smash amiibos based off their alt. trophies,

WarioAltTrophy3DS.png
Boo, Wario is so much cooler with his Smash/Warioware look!

he's really not. besides, you already have an amiibo of that shitty version anyway.
We do have an amiibo of his cool version (I personally do not, but I'll get it eventually!). I wish that was his default look, but I can settle for it being his default look in the Smash games!

KingBroly

Banned
Correct. Shulk, Greninja, & Lucario are only the first to break free from the clutches of GameStop & Toys R' Us respectively. If Target will loosen their grip remains to be seen, but we should expect Ness to break free in due time.

Best Buy on MK and Target on Rosalina

Everyone has Jigglypuff.

We do have an amiibo of his cool version (I personally do not, but I'll get it eventually!). I wish that was his default look, but I can settle for it being his default look in the Smash games!

it practically is his default look as it is unfortunately, he's went back to the superior overalls like once in like what, the last 5 years? such a shame they gave him that ugly ass biker outfit.

KingBroly

Banned
They've broken free?

No, but they need to.

And speaking of needing to break free, Mii Fighters from TRU.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/650513684821876736

EDIT: Allow me to add a rumor note here. The rumor going around is that Stores have a limit of 4 exclusives at a time, which is why Shulk, Greninja and Lucario aren't exclusive anymore.

The current list:
Wal-Mart: Gold Mario, Modern Mario
Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario
Gamestop: Retro 3-Pack, Ness
Toys R Us: Bowser Jr., Mii Fighter 3-Pack
Best Buy: Dark Pit, Meta Knight

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt TRU will have an awesome pre-order system in place like at GS for the Retro Pack. I'm gunna have to go line up again, aren't I?

just bought the 3 mii fighters from amazon with this news my new work schedule doesnt work with toys r us the extra $2 per figure was worth it.

Maengun1

I've never had even the faintest interest in Mii Fighter amiibos. I was in the camp who didn't even think they'd bother making them (this was before amiibo became a super insane craze though, where literally anything tagged 'amiibo' will instantly be fought over).

The appeal of amiibo to me is in the characters themselves. I love having a little Mario and Link and Ness and Samus (etc. etc. etc.) to display with my gaming stuff. The actual in-game bonuses are nice, but nothing special compared to the figurine appeal. I really don't see the character appeal of generically designed Miis that look like....... no one. Is there anyone who's dying to get these other than people who just want literally every one?

No offense to those anticipating them, just one opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom