• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Mii Fighters are TRU exclusive? Thank goodness I dont care about them.

Zonic
Gives all the fucks

image.php

Frogstep

Pretty sure the Mii Fighters will be the only ones I don't get from the Smash amiibo line. They're just not that interesting to me. :p

Boogiepop

Hm... I'll think on it a little more, but that's feeling like it may be a no go on Mii Fighters for me then. Maaaaaybe if they go up online. But I wasn't super interested in them in the first place even though I have the rest of the line, and I'm really not feeling lining up for them. Also, is Walmart going to be the only ones that put up preorders for Blue and Pink Yoshis? Missed those and that was a while ago, yeah?

So for Amazon imports, do you need a forwarding service or is it just a straight Amazon orde?

Look for listings that say "Sold by COMPANY Fulfilled by Amazon". That means they're an import being sold by a company but shipping from within the US via Amazon warehouse. I got a bunch recently this way and they were all qualified for prime.

Still waiting for Super Mario wave 2. :(

1423839560-4918-card.jpg
I just want Dong because that's a neat looking pose...plus bringing back Rosie and Wahrio would be nice.

Also, I don't think bumpkin posted over here, but he posted this in our Amiibo Card Trade thread:

Today was a good day. My buddy who works as a Nintendo retail representative for the state I live in was doing a demo event at a local GameStop for Yoshi's Wooly World this afternoon. He had a bunch of swag with him to hand out to people who attended including sweet binders for AC amiibo cards.

What's awesome is it's a decent quality binder, and the pages inside have separate pockets on both sides of each page so cards aren't rubbing against each other. It holds 104 cards, more than enough space for all of series 1. Here's some pics:

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

I have to imagine that there are reps in other states who do similar events and get the same swag to dole out. I'd check your local GameStops and Best Buys to ask if/when these events are taking place to see if you can get one too!

I think this is our first confirmation of the Binder showing up in the US or at least a version of it. The EU one is a little nicer but still.
EDIT: Actually, 104; there's 100 cards in the Series 1, plus 3 from Amiibo Festival...plus the alt Isabelle? Maybe that one is coming over somewhere? pls?

bumpkin

I just want Dong because that's a neat looking pose...plus bringing back Rosie and Wahrio would be nice.

Also, I don't think bumpkin posted over here, but he posted this in our Amiibo Card Trade thread:

I think this is our first confirmation of the Binder showing up in the US or at least a version of it. The EU one is a little nicer but still.
EDIT: Actually, 104; there's 100 cards in the Series 1, plus 3 from Amiibo Festival...plus the alt Isabelle? Maybe that one is coming over somewhere? pls?
Yeah, I didn't want to double post across the two threads. :)

There's a high probability that reps in other areas got them to hand out as well, so like my post says, I'd ask your local GS/BBY about demo events being put on by Nintendo retail reps. I didn't win any of them but he's also had the Wind Waker Ganondorf statue, the Luigi's Mansion 2 statue and Splatoon hats at prior events that he raffled off for free.

Bane

Okay, I'm missing something. I just tried to place an order on Amazon Japan for the first time and when I go to check out it tells me they cannot be shipped to me. What's up?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

So the Festival cards are special exclusives? I wonder if the EU version has slots for them? Think I'll stick with that one though, since I like how it has the card images in the empty slots.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How did you end up doing with Bowser Jr. by the way? Personal things came up and I haven't had a good time to head to TRU.
No luck, & I really only want to use importing as a super last resort. Maybe I'll just be patient & see if TRU loses the exclusive rights, otherwise if someone on here wants to sell him for MSRP + shipping, that'd be great.

Thankfully, outside of Shovel Knight, the Smash DLC, Falco, Yarn Yoshi, & Chibi-Robo (& those last two are bundles), my amiibo desire has slowed down and is being spaced out to being much more affordable. Hell, I can actually afford that Mega Yarn Yoshi, but I still want to see how big it is.

Today was a good day. My buddy who works as a Nintendo retail representative for the state I live in was doing a demo event at a local GameStop for Yoshi's Wooly World this afternoon. He had a bunch of swag with him to hand out to people who attended including sweet binders for AC amiibo cards.

What's awesome is it's a decent quality binder, and the pages inside have separate pockets on both sides of each page so cards aren't rubbing against each other. It holds 104 cards, more than enough space for all of series 1. Here's some pics:

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

I have to imagine that there are reps in other states who do similar events and get the same swag to dole out. I'd check your local GameStops and Best Buys to ask if/when these events are taking place to see if you can get one too!
Oh my god this is PERFECT and soooooooooo cute!

I would love one so bad!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Went to Toys R Us today.
Found Fox.
Mentioned to the cashier I heard about all the restocks, and that I still needed Captain Falcon, Greninja, and Little Mac.
He mentions that he actually hid Little Mac away from Scalpers and gave me one since he can tell I'm not a scalper.

Now I have Fox and Little Mac!
Just need Captain Falcon and I complete the Original Twelve.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I see AC cards available on Walmart and Best Buy websites. Didn't check elsewhere but wasn't sure if these were hard to come by or anything.
BB still limiting to 1 per order.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've been hearing, yeah, TRU might be getting Villager this week. I'd imagine we should be getting more closer to Amiibo Festival's release.

Still a bummer they aren't doing this online. Would've liked to have Bowser Jr., Villager, &/or Wario in one package sent to my place since I have no TRU near me.

So I've seen the news that Shulk is among the amiibo to be restocked soon. Do we know if it's still a GameStop exclusive? I check Best Buy more often for new shipments, but I really want Shulk.

KingBroly

Banned
So I've seen the news that Shulk is among the amiibo to be restocked soon. Do we know if it's still a GameStop exclusive? I check Best Buy more often for new shipments, but I really want Shulk.

It's not, because there's weight behind the rumor that stores can only have 4 figures exclusive at a time.

KingBroly

Banned
So here's the exclusive rumor. Rumor is that no store can have more than 4 exclusive amiibo figures at a time. Given that Shulk, Greninja and Lucario are all no longer exclusive since they'd put TRU and Gamestop over that 4 character limit, there's weight behind it.

Coming to all stores: Lucario, Greninja, Shulk

BB: Meta Knight, Dark Pit
Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario
Gamestop: Retro 3-pack, Ness
Toys R Us: Bowser Jr, Mii Fighter 3-pack
Amazon: Palutena
Wal-mart: Modern Mario, Gold Mario

Is anyone wondering how Fire Emblem Fates will deal with the Roy amiibo, or even the rest of the Fire Emblem Smashers rarity problems when the game releases, reprints, or Fire Emblem 5-Pack of all fighters for $59.99?

I'll buy a +$100 special edition of Fates that has all 3 routes and all 5 amiibos

For that matter, what will they do with the Japanese Cipher trading card DLC, are they going to leave those characters out of localization, or will they release them as amiibo cards of them overseas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymQF1donjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OBdh-wipR0

KingBroly

Banned
Is anyone wondering how Fire Emblem Fates will deal with the Roy amiibo, or even the rest of the Fire Emblem Smashers rarity problems when the game releases, reprints, or Fire Emblem 5-Pack of all fighters for $59.99?

I'll buy a +$100 special edition of Fates that has all 3 routes and all 5 amiibos

I think you mean
$200 for all 3 routes and all 6 amiibo including the EXCLUSIVE Female Robin amiibo

Draxal

For that matter, what will they do with the Japanese Cipher trading card DLC, are they going to leave those characters out of localization, or will they release them as amiibo cards of them overseas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymQF1donjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OBdh-wipR0

They would have to give Roy his own class.

Right now, all the amiibos out there Lucina/Ike/Robin (m)/Marth have stages that allow them to be recruited, but there's also dlc that allows player characters and other units to use their class (but not the actual unit).

Cipher might come out in America (I really doubt it), but we'll find out if there's a Fire Emblem Fates limited edition package, otherwise I wouldn't expect any of the Cipher chars (marth/masked lucina/minerva) or the three FE/Cipher exclusive 3ds themes so far.

I'm curious if the FE# emblem amiibo will unlock MIRAGES for FE# as well ... as curiously enough none of the mirages are in game yet are based on Amiibos. FE amiibos are tied with the Mario amiibos for having most in game value so far.

Speaking of Fire Emblem Amiibos, Marth is up for 8,28 EUR on Amazon Italy, ($9.26 USD), there is free shipping via Prime.

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00N8PC142?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3nkhj1/amazon_it_marth_on_sale_for_eur_876/

I think you mean
$200 for all 3 routes and all 6 amiibo including the EXCLUSIVE Female Robin amiibo

Female Robin would be nice, if the tactician/grandmaster class wasn't locked to males only in fates.

I need Owain to get the Ignis skill from that class and pass it down to Ophelia for my plan.

Josh5890

I don't know what it is but my area (SW Subrubs of Chicago) is still empty at every store minus the usual suspects (Mario Party Line, Smash Mario, Peach, couple other commons, and commons from Wave 5). I don't care since I have everything I need but I think there is a scalper ring going on in the area.

NoKisum

Mii Fighter amiibos were the ones I wanted most.
Yet they're exclusive to TRU.
And the only TRU close to me closed down last year.

Nintendo just really don't want me to buy them, huh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot Chibi-Robo is out this Friday. Hopefully can get to it considering my backlog & such. Need to also find a place to display it as well, along with Yarn Yoshi next week. Hoping I can see a Mega Yarn Yoshi in person, despite thinking $40 is still rather expensive.

Two questions about Toysrus:

1. I have 90 days to return Amiibos correct?

2. If within the return period an offer comes up like B1G1 40% or 3 for $33 can I bring my unopened Amiibo to Toysrus to return then and rebuy them with the offer?

From a Toysrus I went to Today:

Got Greninja, Lucario, Little Mac and Bowser Jr. since there was only one left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom