• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecto311

Is there a card trading thread or anyone need Kiki #034, Joan #007, Portia #021 and have an Isabelle for trade?

Not sure the rarity or anything of them but my daughter has 6 packs and only 3 doubles so far but wants Isabelle since her name is similar.

Also walmart near me has packs for $2.50 on clearance still. Never seen something so new be broke down in price this quickly - a week ago or so I got one pack for $6

KingBroly

Banned
Is there a card trading thread or anyone need Kiki #034, Joan #007, Portia #021 and have an Isabelle for trade?

Not sure the rarity or anything of them but my daughter has 6 packs and only 3 doubles so far but wants Isabelle since her name is similar.

Also walmart near me has packs for $2.50 on clearance still. Never seen something so new be broke down in price this quickly - a week ago or so I got one pack for $6

Sounds like a mistake to me

Ecto311

What?! Is this YMMV or something??

Sounds like a mistake to me

Not sure if its YMMV or not and its not a mistake because its been like this for over a week. At least I would hope they would fix it by now considering its a massive company but the one here is in a small town and no one buys this shit. Big single box and it has almost none gone when I see it. I got 5 packs and posted pics of the sign and price checker screen a few pages ago.

The Marth amiibo is getting restocks at Best Buys.

rK9UrEQ.jpg
CW9632S.jpg

Know my luck with amiibos, I'll still not find one, can someone in HoustonGAF tell me the stocks of amiibo in the Best Buy at Fairmont Parkway on Tuesday?

KingBroly

Banned

Know my luck with amiibos, I'll still not find one, can someone in HoustonGAF tell me the stocks of amiibo in the Best Buy at Fairmont Parkway on Tuesday?

This must be a high volume store. I know my BB probably won't have jack, despite amiibo being SUPER POPULAR here.

Blues1990

With this wave of rare figurines flooding U.S. stores, I hope a similar thing will happen over here in Canada. My friend is still looking for the Splatoon triple pack, but she's having the worst luck imaginable finding one here in Vancouver.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I saw that Digby is a "first print bonus" in the Japanese copies of Amiibo Festival. I wonder if it'll be the same globally?

The hell? Went to two Best Buy's today and they had less than half that space allotted and only half of that was filled.

These aren't nowhere Best Buy's either. My local one is where Nintendo at E3 happens in my state.

Will try a different town tommorow.

Neoxon

The hell? Went to two Best Buy's today and they had less than half that space allotted and only half of that was filled.

These aren't nowhere Best Buy's either. My local one is where Nintendo at E3 happens in my state.

Will try a different town tommorow.
This coming morning is the official date for the restock (including formerly exclusive figures like Shulk, Lucario, & Greninja).

This coming morning is the official date for the restock (including formerly exclusive figures like Shulk, Lucario, & Greninja).

Thanks for the heads up.

Welp. Maybe time to hit some Best Buy's tommorow. Was planning to only go to one. Hopefully there'll still be some Wednesday when I have more time.

So I saw that Digby is a "first print bonus" in the Japanese copies of Amiibo Festival. I wonder if it'll be the same globally?

Doubtful. Considering the game is a party game not being able to do two player from the beginning isn't something I see happening in the West.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...so guys I just realized that Yoshi's Woolly World is out next week, and ONLY Walmart has had the Pink and Blue Amiibo up for pre-order (and at a great discount for those who got it) >_> Ah boy, Amiibo gunna Amiibo still, huh?

Thoraxes

I don't know what it is but my area (SW Subrubs of Chicago) is still empty at every store minus the usual suspects (Mario Party Line, Smash Mario, Peach, couple other commons, and commons from Wave 5). I don't care since I have everything I need but I think there is a scalper ring going on in the area.

So like Tinley, Orland, Crestwood? I do a drive around every 2 weeks or so on the way to a friend's place.

I noticed the Crestwood and Oak Lawn stores got hit up super hard, where I can still waltz into Orland or Tinley and they seem to still have stuff, like the cards.

Skrams

Got to best buy 5 minutes after the opened. I think there was maybe 3-4 other people also picking up amiibos. They just had a shopping cart full of Greninja, Little Mac, I think Lucario, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Shulk, and Marths in the back. I shouldn't of blew my load early on wanting Lucario, Captain Falcon, and Greninja at TRU. I'm out $10 or whatever the amount, but whatever. Little Mac, Shulk, and Marth are mine. Now to look at comparison photos of their faces to see if they look like shit compared to earlier prints.

Also Louisville, KY and St. Matthews if anyone cares.

Neoxon

Got to best buy 5 minutes after the opened. I think there was maybe 3-4 other people also picking up amiibos. They just had a shopping cart full of Greninja, Little Mac, I think Lucario, Dark Pit, Captain Falcon, Shulk, and Marths in the back. I shouldn't of blew my load early on wanting Lucario, Captain Falcon, and Greninja at TRU. I'm out $10 or whatever the amount, but whatever. Little Mac, Shulk, and Marth are mine. Now to look at comparison photos of their faces to see if they look like shit compared to earlier prints.

There's nobody in line at my Best Buy.

Sushigod7

In Orlando East side Best Buy had everything on restock this morning. When I left still had a bunch of Shulk, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Greninja, Little Mac and in back he said they had a ton of excess stock.

Draxal

They need to restock the other FE amiibos (not that I need them but I think Marth's been restocked multiple times while the others haven't).

If the whole Fire Emblem cast gets restocked, then I hope the Kid Icarus trio is far away from those restocks as possible, because my wallet can't handle all 7 of them restocked so closely together.

Except for Dark Pit, because he's probably restocked today. Might pick him and Marth up if they have them.

Az987

all good things
My best buy had nothing. I'm disappointed. I wonder if stores that got skipped will still get the restock later on. An employee told me they aren't getting any this week.

AGITΩ

Weve got sooo many ammiibo at the best buy i work. Theres over 100 of dark pit, shulk, and marth, over 50 of greninja, lucario, zs samus, charizard, fox, pacman. Posting from work though, but getting the word out.

If anyone is interested in trading a Pit, Ike, or Villager (lol) Amiibo for Marth, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, or the other Best Buy restock, let me know. I went to pick up a Marth this morning and they had an entire shelf dedicated to Amiibo placed right at the entrance, so I'll stop by again on break from work to get what you need. Those three I listed above are the last Amiibo I need.

Is it still worth calling Best Buy to see if they have Marth, even if he's listed as no longer available on their website? Or, should I just go and see myself?

Please don't fail me Houston

Edit: I saw Neoxon's post on Reddit's Best Buy megathread, no shipments yet. And I'm going to be out of town this weekend. =(

With the many pictures of Marth reprints in stock, I hope he drops to ~$20 or so on imports, that's my price limit on amiibos.

Edit 2: Maybe I'll just wait and see what Nintendo and Intelligent Systems does with Fire Emblem amiibos when Fates nears release. (I'm still eyeing the Kid Icarus trio right now).

Bane

God dammit! Of course they get all that in when I fuck up my leg and can't go anywhere.

Neoxon

In case you're not like Triforce141 & missed my Reddit post in the Best Buy Megathread, the shipment of Amiibos for Houston got delayed to either Wednesday or Friday (it was supposed to arrive today). The only confirmation I was able to get was that the Best Buy on 290 in Spring Cypress is getting 32 Shulks. That being said, they do have some Splatoon 3-Packs in the back.

D-Man

Stopped by Best Buy on my way to class just to see what they had in stock and holy shit they were packed. They had all the Splatoon amiibos (including the 3-pack!), Dark Pit, Marth, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and more!

I came out with Dark Pit, Inkling Girl, and Marth. Dark Pit is for myself and the other two are going to be Christmas presents for some friends. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many rare amiibo at one place.

AGITΩ

Is it still worth calling Best Buy to see if they have Marth, even if he's listed as no longer available on their website? Or, should I just go and see myself?

Please don't fail me Houston

Edit: I saw Neoxon's post on Reddit's Best Buy megathread, no shipments yet. And I'm going to be out of town this weekend. =(

With the many pictures of Marth reprints in stock, I hope he drops to ~$20 or so on imports, that's my price limit on amiibos.
The amiibos arent being listed on the website for the yime being due to recent complaints from like the star wars bb8 toys sold on the website being shipped from store inventories and killing our supply before stores even opened. So for amiibo itll be instore only for the time being.

robot

My bestbuy got a nice restock - Marth, Dark Pit, Shulk, Falcon, Little Mac, ZSS, Olimar, Pacman, etc.

Got a Shulk finally, didn't see Lucario though.

D-Stubbs

Yeah stopped at my BB today and it was well stocked. Little Mac, Marth, Shulk, Dark Pit, you name it. Was quite a sight to see.

My Best Buy had nothing new whatsoever. Disappointing, but not terribly surprising - it's kinda a crappy Best Buy. Fort Collins, CO in case anyone else here is around there and wants to save their time.

Nothing at this Best Buy. Debating going to another one.

Can you call to check stock?

Edit:

Anybody see a restock in CT, and if so, which store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom