• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGITΩ;180891520 said:
Since im still at work for 3 more hours if anyone wants me to check inventory on a nearby best buy. Just lemme know.

Can you check store 393..Im on hold with them right now but I know it will take them 10 years to answer the phone they are always pretty busy

At first, I saw the same old tiny amiibo section my Best Buy typically has. Then I turned and saw that they had installed a second large display full of the restocked figures. Marth was by far the most plentiful and I ended up picking one up for a buddy of mine. So many flaccid swords on display though.

AGITΩ;180892966 said:
Dark pit - less than 50
Greninja, lucario, shulk - some on the way less than 20, not today
Marth - a fuckton

Yeah I already have Greninja so I dont need that one :)
Just want Lucario, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Fox..I just talked to the lady at the store, she said they just got a big shipment in of stuff but that if I call tomorrow I can place an order over the phone using my best buy card and I can pick it up in store on Friday..do you know if they have plenty of the ones I posted above..Already have a Marth as well

I checked the amiibo section at Best Buy when I was looking for a Rock Band 4 Band in a Box bundle for Xbox One, and nothing! It was picked clean!

Very happy for those who got something though!! :)

AGITΩ;180891520 said:
Since im still at work for 3 more hours if anyone wants me to check inventory on a nearby best buy. Just lemme know.

In Connecticut: West Hartford (381), Newington (487) and West Simsbury (1468).

AGITΩ

Yeah I already have Greninja so I dont need that one :)
Just want Lucario, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, and Fox..I just talked to the lady at the store, she said they just got a big shipment in of stuff but that if I call tomorrow I can place an order over the phone using my best buy card and I can pick it up in store on Friday..do you know if they have plenty of the ones I posted above..Already have a Marth as well
That last information about placing the order over the phone is false for the time being. The system they use for that is the same as the websites. If you can't order online, you can't order over the phone.
Captain Falcon, little mac, - less than 20
Fox - over 20

AGITΩ

In Connecticut: West Hartford (381), Newington (487) and West Simsbury (1468).
All of those stores are getting around 30 of each on their next truck so either today or tomorrow. Exception being dark pit which are closer to 70 per store. 1468 is getting less of each than the other 2

AGITΩ;180894910 said:
All of those stores are getting around 30 of each on their next truck so either today or tomorrow. Exception being dark pit which are closer to 70 per store. 1468 is getting less of each than the other 2

Thank you so much.

So today evening?

Does that mean they'll only be on shelves tommorow or will they show up today?

AGITΩ;180894352 said:
That last information about placing the order over the phone is false for the time being. The system they use for that is the same as the websites. If you can't order online, you can't order over the phone.
Captain Falcon, little mac, - less than 20
Fox - over 20

Yeah not sure why she said that but she was pretty adamant that it can be done and she was very familiar with the popularity of amiibos..she said I could have the amiibos charged to my card and I could pick them up on Friday, I assume that is different than just placing an order online..how about Dark pit and Lucario.plenty of those?

So when I went to the Amiibo section the guy putting them up was actually looking at 4 Shulks and picking the best one. We actually had a good conversation about Amiibos. Very strange.

He also told me about the new backs of packaging with 3DS included. Didn't know that.

AGITΩ;180896902 said:
If they process the trucks anything like my store. The amiibos will likely not be put out till their merchandise team shows up in the morning.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. This works out better for me.

AGITΩ

Yeah not sure why she said that but she was pretty adamant that it can be done and she was very familiar with the popularity of amiibos..she said I could have the amiibos charged to my card and I could pick them up on Friday, I assume that is different than just placing an order online..how about Dark pit and Lucario.plenty of those?
I mentioned those 2 in my first response to you. Idk what loophole she found, since ive worked in that part of the store and the expresslane system we use for over the phone orders pull from bestbuy.com availability. Weve had several failed attempts today to make the orders with them.

AGITΩ;180897220 said:
I mentioned those 2 in my first response to you. Idk what loophole she found, since ive worked in that part of the store and the expresslane system we use for over the phone orders pull from bestbuy.com availability. Weve had several failed attempts today to make the orders with them.

Thanks so much for the numbers I Really appreciate it. Will probably just go to the store on Friday and see what happens. Maybe she didnt realize that it cant be done, no worries sounds like they have a pretty good selection available

Toki767

AGITΩ;180891520 said:

Colma and San Francisco would be nice to know. Really only on the lookout for Little Mac and Villager.

ZugZug123

AGITΩ;180895662 said:
Metaknight could be soon. Im seeing several in the distribution centers. If they aren't shipping to stores it could be another online run. Nothing for dedede

Thanks! I will wait for MK then and start looking for a reasonable Dedede import.

AGITΩ

Colma and San Francisco would be nice to know. Really only on the lookout for Little Mac and Villager.
Colma has over 50 dark pits, less than 30 captain falcons and fox.
Over 100 marths.
Everything else seems to be arriving likely Thursday or Friday.

Colma is going to be your best bet. San fran stores are similar with their shipments but less quantities of each. Literally around half of colmas stock

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Went to my local Best Buy in Kenosha WI. Nothing.
The employee there told me they're a "small" Best Buy and don't get any of the good stuff. Fuck that.

AGITΩ

Went to my local Best Buy in Kenosha WI. Nothing.
The employee there told me they're a "small" Best Buy and don't get any of the good stuff. Fuck that.
If its store 1191 their next shipment will have the amiibos, aka either today or tomorrow truck.
Over 50 dark pits, over 20 greninja, lucario, shulk. Over 30 captain falcons

Holy moly. So many amiibo at Best Buy. Saw like 50 Marth, 50 Pit, lots of the latest wave.

Looks like the madness is over.

Edit : I meant Dark Pit. Not Pit.

olimpia84

AGITΩ;180899770 said:
Colma has over 50 dark pits, less than 30 captain falcons and fox.
Over 100 marths.
Everything else seems to be arriving likely Thursday or Friday.

Colma is going to be your best bet. San fran stores are similar with their shipments but less quantities of each. Literally around half of colmas stock

Any way of knowing the stock situation in stores around the Tampa / Clearwater FL area? Thanks in advance.

AGITΩ

Any way of knowing the stock situation in stores around the Tampa / Clearwater FL area? Thanks in advance.
Store 561 in tampa has less than 30 dark pits, less than 20 greninja, lucario, shulk, c Falcon, fox. And over 40 marth.
Store 462 in Tampa has double what 561 has on all counts.
And store 564 in clearwater has a but less of each than store 462.

AGITΩ;180900276 said:
If its store 1191 their next shipment will have the amiibos, aka either today or tomorrow truck.
Over 50 dark pits, over 20 greninja, lucario, shulk. Over 30 captain falcons

Can you check the Tallahassee store? Went there today and nothing

Please!
Mainly care about shulk tbh but anything is appreciated

Planning my route. I usually go West Simsbury (it's a twenty-five minute total detour) then West Hartford and then Newington.

AGITΩ;180894910 said:

1468 is located literally in a car dealership park with only a Walmart near it. Nobody goes there so I've found some great clearance products and stuff that goes out of stock elsewhere.

However last Amiibo launch Friday they happen to only have one Olimar which they were surprised to have while the more busy West Hartford location had several Zero Suit Samus.

I wonder if its worth the detour on the way there or if I should go on the way back if they'll have less stock? I'll stop by the Goodwill on the way to see if there's anything neat they might have ever since I went one the first time this year and got a Wii Guitar and drums for $15 total.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

My local Best Buy in Northern VA had over 100 of everything. Marth, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Greninja, Lucario, Dark Pit, Fox, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. Guy that I know that works there said that it's the same at all the stores in the area. Not joking about the over 100 thing.

Target apparently had some WiiFit Trainers on the shelves, or so some guy told me. I went there and they did have a Rosalina and retro Mario, but that's it.

AGITΩ;180904936 said:
Their shipments won't be in till the end of the week. Looks like over 30 for each amiibo including shulk. Exceptions once again being dark pit and marth having more than the others.

Great news! Thank you!

AGITΩ

If Best Buy's restocks in some Texas cities/towns are on Friday, the I hope they have Dark Pits and Marths in stock at Austin.
The austin stores shows their stuff in transit which means either today or tommorow they get their stuff. It doesn't show up in their inventory until the truck is 100% unloaded. But normally when its in transit and is a truck shipment there's only about a days delay before they get it.

RedBoot

AGITΩ;180906244 said:
The austin stores shows their stuff in transit which means either today or tommorow they get their stuff. It doesn't show up in their inventory until the truck is 100% unloaded. But normally when its in transit and is a truck shipment there's only about a days delay before they get it.

I checked a couple in North Austin at lunch today and there was nothing yet (though they had some Splatoon ones), so I can confirm some of that, at least.

Looks like I'll be checking back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom