• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGITΩ;180980456 said:
It is. A bit over 30 of those

Hi there sorry to bother you but I was wondering, the West Hollywood Best Buy store 393) do they still have plenty of amiibos available, might be able to stop by today and get some if they are still available

G0523

[restocks intensify]

Geez, I don't even know what to do with the OT now. Make a separate "at launch" icon next to the store exclusives? Do I mention who got restocked? Would I need an icon for that? Where would I even fit them?

Gah! I'll figure something out!

I would just leave it as is but maybe take out a few of the red Xs.

AGITΩ

Hi there sorry to bother you but I was wondering, the West Hollywood Best Buy store 393) do they still have plenty of amiibos available, might be able to stop by today and get some if they are still available
Depenfinh on who you are aiming for the majority of the quantities are less than 10. With greninja coming later.

AGITΩ;180985928 said:
Lucario is not instock yet. Fox youre in the single digits with a handful coming in later as well. Dark pit, youve got about 20.

Awesome thanks will go grab Fox and Dark Pit then..do you know when they will get Lucario in stock? How about Shulk did they get any of those(Or will be getting)

KingBroly

Banned
Checked a couple of BB's today. My local one that's shit only had 2 Fox's and commons while the other one had the full list of restocks EN MASS. So I assume the other hasn't put theirs out yet.

Tirod

I had a mini meltdown last time I was in here, but I was just so frustrated at the time I needed to vent.

Back on the Amiibo train the past two days thanks to the restockening. Got Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, and Little Mac from Best Buy. Got Lucario and Greninja from TRU. Only thing I'm supposedly missing from this event is Shulk but he doesn't seem to be popping up in CA anywhere.

Lakewood, CA is where I got my Best Buy pick ups today. They only had those 3 though. An hour ago they had like 30 of Dark Pit and 20 of Little Mac and Captain Falcon each. If you are nearby, chances are high you'll nab one.

KingBroly

Banned
Also on my amiibo card front.

14 packs opened
12 unique foils, 2 dupes (Kapp'n and Pascal)
64 unique cards

I did start 10:10 though for unique foils. Still no Isabelle or Lottie though. But no one cares about Lottie.

RedBoot

Only took 11 months, but I finally got a Marth. Grabbed Capt. Falcon as well.

Really thought about Lucario and Greninja. So far I've only bought the ones I really like (which is still 60% of the line, mind you), so I feel like getting those would push me over the limit to where I'd just need to get the whole set. But I resisted.

Just need Robin, Dedede, and Meta Knight, and I'll be set. For now.

I just bought 8 Amiibo at once from Best Buy. I hate how they don't have them out to buy. They have plenty but are keeping them in the back.

I may have exchange some if I see errors.

Still nothing in Johnson City, TN. No surprise considering it's the literal worst Best Buy I've ever been too. Barely any stock of anything on shelves, much less Amiibo.

JavyOO7

Also on my amiibo card front.

14 packs opened
12 unique foils, 2 dupes (Kapp'n and Pascal)
64 unique cards

I did start 10:10 though for unique foils. Still no Isabelle or Lottie though. But no one cares about Lottie.

I finally got an Isabelle yesterday. So out of 12 packs, I have 59 unique cards and around 18 or so duplicates. Don't want to buy too many more packs since I want to save money (kek), but I do want the 100, so I'll see if I can score some trades with my buddies. And if not, maybe some neoGAF trades will help me out.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AGITΩ;180985928 said:
Lucario is not instock yet. Fox youre in the single digits with a handful coming in later as well. Dark pit, youve got about 20.

I stopped by your best buy today and snagged five Amiibos, one being Little Mac which many times before I had strongly considered paying quadruple the MSRP for.

Thanks so much for the heads up!

All these restocks and I still desperately need a Bowser Jr. :/

Y'know, I actually have an extra Bowser Jr. that I got for a fellow Gaffer, but with work it took me so damned long to mail it out that they were able to pick one up themselves. I haven't had a chance to return it yet, but it has a gift receipt and everything in the event that it's faulty, and right now it's just sitting in a box in my car. PM me if you're interested!

I stopped by your best buy today and snagged five Amiibos, one being Little Mac which many times before I had strongly considered paying quadruple the MSRP for.

Thanks so much for the heads up!

You went to the Best Buy in West Hollywood? Did they still have plenty of them on the shelves..I can only go on Friday, I called but was told they cant put any of these on hold for me(The guy above was right)

Skiesofwonder

You went to the Best Buy in West Hollywood? Did they still have plenty of them on the shelves..I can only go on Friday, I called but was told they cant put any of these on hold for me(The guy above was right)

No this was in Georgia, sorry for the confusion.

What exactly is BB getting re stocks of? I need a villager

Marth, Dark Pit, Splatoon 3-pack, Little Mac, Fox, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Greninja, and Lucario

If you're looking for Villager, that would be Toys 'R Us at a later date, either later this week, month, or be held off until Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival nears release to be with the other AC crew.

vgamer1

PxLGh4C.jpg

This was at Best Buy in Cranberry, PA.

Score! Found Marth and Fox at Best Buy, Little Mac at Toys R Us, and 8 bit Mario at GameStop. Still waiting on Shulk though, but after that I'm done for awhile. Wallet is not happy with me now.

The Cypress location got their shipments at 11am, today. I already got my Shulk.
Based on what AGIT said, Fairmont (357) and Gulfgate (233) still had their shipments in transit this morning, so I'm probably going to go tomorrow.

Then again, what time did you go get Shulk today?

Edit: I saw some more reddit posts of Best Buys in Houston with restocks. Hopefully I can go tonight then.

Neoxon

Based on what AGIT said, Fairmont (357) and Gulfgate (233) still had their shipments in transit this morning, so I'm probably going to go tomorrow.
Don't take their word for it. I was literally there this morning & the employees were handing out Amiibos on request like candy (you still had to pay for them, obviously).

Skiesofwonder

These restocks just placed me in a close enough distance from a complete smash bros set (11 amiibo away) to strongly entertain the idea of seeking out the rest of the lineup.

Nicely played Nintendo.

Is the Mega Mario mushroom in Mario Maker unlockable like the amiibo costumes, or do you need to get the amiibo for it? 8-bit Mario might be the only Mario amiibo I want right now.

AGITΩ

Don't take their word for it. I was literally there this morning & the employees were handing out Amiibos on request like candy (you still had to pay for them, obviously).
Only means that they received their truck but didn't accept it in their system yet. Since when i looked it up, it only showed in transit. But in most stores we put out what we have when we get it, but we dont tell the system that we received it till the following day.

I was thinking for trades. There were literally 20 of each at my store. I still need Kirby and a few others.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but buying for trades is a jerk move just as well since you're depriving someone the chancing of buying one for themselves. Traders are basically scalpers at this point.

WarAdept

In some freak accident, my partner decided to buy me some clear stands as part of my birthday present while my housemates bought me a cabinet without either party collaborating on what to get me.

Best birthday ever.

4fe7c611-a28e-4dd2-ade2-5f3dabb3fd45_zpsdcvlhkbm.jpg

ed5eab90-3c1d-43fd-8e8f-1d425601f50c_zpszbgiz6dz.jpg

3cfbd7fe-b302-45c3-afd0-4128db8f9348_zpsncdvxieg.jpg

1452faf8-3ddd-4682-8604-c334a993842b_zpsqfkxadbd.jpg

d5d0f866-c806-42d6-bb59-db6bbb89f972_zpsqqxbuxtg.jpg

I know I'm probably in the minority, but buying for trades is a jerk move just as well since you're depriving someone the chancing of buying one for themselves. Traders are basically scalpers at this point.
If I have no other means of getting the few that I need then do you have another suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom