• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the thing Skylanders always manufactures a ton of Starter Kits.

I have bought every starter kit for both console and 3DS (including last years) for roughly $10 new from retailers in the last three months.

It would be one thing if this was a special version of the starter kit for 3DS and Wii/U and there was also a standard one. This is the only starter pack available. They'll produce plenty.

Also on the secondary market starter figures are dirt cheap. I highly doubt they sell them separately as they could cause serious confusion by only working on Nintendo stuff and they move expensive Starter Kits.

Some good points. Activision boasts with 200million Skylanders sold (or is it shipped?) but they do produce a boatload. I definitely have seen starter kits go on clearance often, and totally forgot about it. Even some brand new ones have been liquidated to Goodwills. If that happens, then sure I'll get them for like $10 each, sell the rest.

Actually the first Best Buy I went to yesterday had a Charizard behind the counter with the other restock figures.

No idea if there were more they were only keeping one at a time out with the rest in the back at this location.

Picked it up. I could have had it day of release but I thought a Pokemon figure would be better stocked. So I didn't pick one originally.

Please let something be left on them shelves when I go out tomorrow. Planning to hit a few Best Buys and a TRU or two.

I'm sure there will be. I went again today to Best Buy and the shelves seemed to be as fully stocked as yesterday. I've also gone to Toysrus two days in a row since restock and they had basically the same amount of figures. These aren't selling Day 1.

Some good points. Activision boasts with 200million Skylanders sold (or is it shipped?) but they do produce a boatload. I definitely have seen starter kits go on clearance often, and totally forgot about it. Even some brand new ones have been liquidated to Goodwills. If that happens, then sure I'll get them for like $10 each, sell the rest.

6AqnQab.jpg

Less than a week after Dr. Mario release.

I don't know about selling the rest. Donkey Kong and Bowser look pretty fun in Skylanders. With how cheap starter kits and even individual figures get (There's a bundle of the remaining 7 Giants for $20 from Walmart) I have solid little collection of Skylanders at over 30 unique figures and all the games and portals for less than $100. Besides I Bowser and Donkey Kong seem like Skylanders first and Amiibo second with their build quality and vehicles. Also you'll certainly get less than $5 for the game and Stealth Elf.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Less than a week after Dr. Mario release.

The box on it looks kinda wreaked. Since I know Target has some kind of deal with Goodwill (heck, a write off for their own act of goodwill :p) it's possible that someone returned it as defective, so they donated it instead, rather than destroying it.

The box on it looks kinda wreaked. Since I know Target has some kind of deal with Goodwill (heck, a write off for their own act of goodwill :p) it's possible that someone returned it as defective, so they donated it instead, rather than destroying it.

Oh I know that is the reason. There was a Target directly across the street from the Goodwill. I just saw 7 Target clearanced sealed copies of Steel Diver at Goodwill just yesterday.

KingBroly

Banned
I mean Toon Link and Sheik are also oos at the moment.

Well...Samus and Kirby haven't been seen in the US for a while, and haven't gotten additional printing runs since their initial ones. I'd say every other figure besides Peach has at this point.

What I think Nintendo of America is doing (and I may be wrong about this) is that they're going to flood specific stores this holiday with specific figures, so while BB/TRU have Lucario, Greninja, Mac, Falcon, Marth, Shulk, Villager and Dark Pit, we could see other figures at Target/Gamestop/Walmart.

I'm sure there will be. I went again today to Best Buy and the shelves seemed to be as fully stocked as yesterday. I've also gone to Toysrus two days in a row since restock and they had basically the same amount of figures. These aren't selling Day 1.
Good to know. My, how far we've come since the early days.

Daknight

Finally got shulk and little mac :) Went straight to the store after work!! Nkw only missing Ganondorf and jigglypuff of the ones I am interested.

So happy for this restock!! Friend bought about 5 amiibos and other people were getting them too. Going back on saturday since the worker mention a restock that includes Ganondorf.

This is in the toys r' us at plaza in Puerto Rico.

Rizific

went to mine and saw some restocked marth, little mac, and lucario. i called ahead of time and gave them the shulk sku and they told me they had it. got there and he wasnt on the floor. asked an employee and he said they have him, just gotta grab it from the back. same story with zss.

Well...Samus and Kirby haven't been seen in the US for a while, and haven't gotten additional printing runs since their initial ones. I'd say every other figure besides Peach has at this point.

What I think Nintendo of America is doing (and I may be wrong about this) is that they're going to flood specific stores this holiday with specific figures, so while BB/TRU have Lucario, Greninja, Mac, Falcon, Marth, Shulk, Villager and Dark Pit, we could see other figures at Target/Gamestop/Walmart.

It will be hell if Walmart restocks on the amiibos that I want, they don't even have amiibos at mine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How long will we have to wait to order Bowser Jr. online from TRU based on Lucario & Greninja's online availability?

Might finally give in & get Pikachu just to qualify for free shipping since they don't have Wario.

emb

The Best Buy restock is legit. I got Marth, Shulk, Dark Pit, Little Mac, and Greninja earlier. All of them were abundantly available except for Greninja (only 2).

KissVibes

Banned
Look for Target to get Rosalina very soon.

May even be some neato Black Friday stuff. I've been told Nintendo is going to be mass producing all the Amiibos again and not stopping until the demand is met.

Edit: Best Buy also has the Splatoon three packs again. Didn't see it mentioned. Metaknight should be returning too.

I hope the retailers after Best Buy that restock the amiibos that I need are Gamestop, Target (Online) and Amazon, since that's where I get my best luck when hunting them down. I don't trust Walmart that much, and the Target nearby has squat in terms of amiibos.

Hatchtag

Banned
Picked up Mac, Lucario Greninja and Shulk at Best Buy. They were well stocked on a ton of former rares, though had them on a seperate display. But after spending $50 on figures I remembered why I don't purchase these too often lol. Halfway to having all the Smash ones. Soon I'll be done collecting these damn things.

Bluth54

Glad to see so many rare and exclusive amiibos getting such large restocks. Hopefully everyone is able to get what they want.

Neoxon

I just checked back in with Best Buy in Cypress, TX (Houston) to pick up Captain Falcon. The Amiibo stock was mostly untouched since me & the 2 other guys got our Amiibos. There were 4 full racks of Shulk, Lucario, & Greninja. An entire shelf was filled with Foxes & Captain Falcons. Dark Pit took up 6 or so racks, & Marth took up 8

Just left Best Buy with Greninja for myself as well as Shulk and Marth for my friend. This is what it looked like prior to them restocking with Shulk, Greninja, Lucario and Ganondorf:

They had 2 Little Macs left but some kids snatched them up.

the chris

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know where a good place to get a decent price for the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack? I was just told that my nephew wants the squid from the set for his birthday. I was thinking about hitting up the Nintendo World Store this Saturday but if anybody has any good ideas can you please let me know?

Probably a long shot, but does anybody know where a good place to get a decent price for the Splatoon Amiibo 3-pack? I was just told that my nephew wants the squid from the set for his birthday. I was thinking about hitting up the Nintendo World Store this Saturday but if anybody has any good ideas can you please let me know?

They restocked all the Gamestops about a month ago. I also saw them at another store, I think Toysrus within the month.

I saw them online even last week on Gamestop.com.

According to this website

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/amiibos/splatoon/

They were last in stock on the fifth.

Nintendo really needs to sell the Squid separately. They'll definitely restock the triple pack before the holiday is over.

What state are you in?

the chris

They restocked all the Gamestops about a month ago. I also saw them at another store, I think Toysrus within the month.

I saw them online even last week on Gamestop.com.

According to this website

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/amiibos/splatoon/

They were last in stock on the fifth.

Nintendo really needs to sell the Squid separately. They'll definitely restock the triple pack before the holiday is over.

What state are you in?

New York. I saw on Cheap Ass Gamer that Gamestop had restocked it a couple of days ago and didn't think anything of it until I was told that my nephew wanted it. I'll keep an eye on that website that you linked, really appreciate the help.

Skrams

I did a headcount of my amiibo to see how much of a problem I have. 42.

I thought I had 30~ since I thought I had 20 or so in August. I guess I somehow bought 22 or so in the last 2 months. Chibi Robo will make it 43. 3 Yarn Yoshis will make it 46. Mii Fighters are tempting me because I feel like I need it. Falco and Mewtwo and Roy and fuck god fuck.

It doesn't help that I've run out of room to display them on my desk too.

I'm also still missing shit I want like WFT, Villager, Ike, Rosalina, Pit, Megaman, Ness, and I should just buy em all god.

HardRojo

Here in Peru we'll be getting the stand-alone version of the Modern Mario amiibo on Sunday. Has it been confirmed in the US too? We're supposedly the same region for these products and most Nintendo stuff.

Neifirst

Bill Trinnen tweeted last night that the Splatoon 3-pack should be back in stock at retailers, so definitely check out Toys R Us and Best Buy as they seem to be getting the vast majority of the recent restocks.

I managed to finally get the 3-pack myself at TRU last Saturday. Good luck!

the chris

Bill Trinnen tweeted last night that the Splatoon 3-pack should be back in stock at retailers, so definitely check out Toys R Us and Best Buy as they seem to be getting the vast majority of the recent restocks.

I managed to finally get the 3-pack myself at TRU last Saturday. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, I'll keep a look out for them then.

Always be sure to check what's in back. Ask an associate.

I ended up with Mac, Fox and Marth so I'm ok with missing it or dealing with import later. Mac was the only one of the restocks I really wanted. It just ended up meaning I could put that $12.99 towards the Yarn Yoshi's that hit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom