• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

So glad these restocks are getting big.

Hoping the Villager one knocks that from unicorn status too.

We really need Lucina/Robin restocked like this too. I think they will for FE Fates.

Think I'm going to scan some amiibo in Chibi Robo today and reminisce to myself about the good and bad amiibo hunting times.

Getting all of Wave 2 B2G1 at Best Buy with GCU was probably my best time. I know I walked into a TRU and found a Little Mac so I stupidly cancelled a preorder of him. And sniping Lucina on Amazon might be high on my list too. Of course then there is the February blizzard that caused me to miss Rosalina and Luma for months and the whole GameStop in store Ness fiasco.

Hard to believe Falco and the DLC characters are all that is left. We've come a long way since the first reports of Marth/WFT/Villager being out of print immediately until these massive Best Buy restocks. I think retailers are starting to realize these things sell and bring in tons of people to look for and buy them so they are wanting as much stock as they can get. I'm surprised Target isn't getting in on this restock business like TRU and Best Buy are.

Dammit it was in my cart, 2 for free shipping. Then I decided I needed to sign in to track the purchase. Then I had to reset my password because I couldn't remember their requirements. Got everything squared away, clicked purchase and watched it/them disappear!!!

Edit *double damn* it's in my cart again but says "select a store pickup location: ship-to-home not available"

So annoyed, I had one in my cart and of course as soon as I hit order, it processes it but says the item is out of stock. I got something else to get free shipping but I don't even want the shit I added. Fucking cancelled, don't even care anymore if it's exclusive.

Animekatt

Yeah I was hesitating to order from them online since the last amiiibo I ordered for shipping was damaged. I had a pack of AC amiibo cards too to make the shipping free. Well the order went through... For the cards. They took the Villager out, but still had the cards for the order, and charged shipping for those. I promptly canceled. I'll just wait for the instore restocks. I've waited this long!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Theres currently the Animal Crossing amiibo cards, but has there been any info on the current Smash Bros/Mario lines of figures getting card versions soon?

I've got about +/-30 amiibo right now, maybe about 10 that are rare or close to it. I want to individually display my amiibo, and protect them from dust with those HORI cases, but at $8/per case, thats $300 just to do so. A tad much for me.

Perhaps I'll just protect/display the rare ones, and re-collect the rest in card form, and resell the common figures I have currently have. Would free some drawer space, too.

There's been no word on that yet. I wish though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
"Our Exclusive"

OH GOD NO. I've pretty much gotten all the exclusives I want now that someone on here is very kindly sending me Bowser Jr., please don't make an already rare amiibo suddenly exclusive.

That is... all sorts of messed up. Especially with TRU since they don't have it together when it comes to Amiibos :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If that's somehow true, wouldn't that debunk the rumor of "4 exclusives max per store"?

Speaking of Villager, I'm hearing he'll be restocked at TRU on Nov. 8th according to Reddit. In other words, around the time Amiibo Festival is coming out.

Velcro Fly

Good news on the Chibi Robo amiibo. Game itself is pretty cool but having the amiibo adds even more cool little stuff. Was hoping the people that didn't buy the bundle wouldn't have to import if they ended up regretting their choice of game only at launch.

Nearing a full series 1 card set. Only need about 4 more after I've pulled off about 6 trades in the trade thread. God bless GAF with stuff like this.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The Collector's Book is only given out at select Nintendo events in the U.S. and holds 104 amiibo cards.

Just read that on the Amiibo News Twitter from a few days ago. Good job Nintendo! Making it super limited and rare... Glad I imported :/

Finally FINALLY got Shulk at the second Best Buy in my area. First one was cleared out on Friday and I thought I messed up, but the second one had maybe 10.

LA GAF, go to the Best Buy in Culver City if you need Marth, Dark Pit, Shulk, Charizard, Greeninja, or Lucario. They are stocked up right now and have yet to be cleared out.

Finally FINALLY got Shulk at the second Best Buy in my area. First one was cleared out on Friday and I thought I messed up, but the second one had maybe 10.

LA GAF, go to the Best Buy in Culver City if you need Marth, Dark Pit, Shulk, Charizard, Greeninja, or Lucario. They are stocked up right now and have yet to be cleared out.

Is that the Best Buy in the Culver City Westfield shopping center on Sepulveda? Might be able to go next week..I already have Greninja but would LOVE Lucario, Shulk, Fox, and Captain falcon do they still have those?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm having some great luck with the restocks. I just went into my local Toys R Us to see their situation, and walked out with Little Mac and Greninja. They also had a decent amount of Fox and Lucario, and a couple of Shulks.

Skrams

So am I dumb or did the TRU online listing for Bowser Jr just disappear. It's now resulting in a no products found page for me.

Is that the Best Buy in the Culver City Westfield shopping center on Sepulveda? Might be able to go next week..I already have Greninja but would LOVE Lucario, Shulk, Fox, and Captain falcon do they still have those?

No, the other one on Washington, I don't know about the Westfield one, sorry. There's also a GameStop there that had two 8 bit Marios and some retro three packs. I want to say they had Captain Falcon at that Best Buy too, but I didn't pay that much attention. In any case, good luck.

Koppai

Best Buy West Oaks in Houston, I pretty much handle the amiibo XD

12107834_10153071456186646_3110611259447146478_n.jpg

No, the other one on Washington, I don't know about the Westfield one, sorry. There's also a GameStop there that had two 8 bit Marios and some retro three packs. I want to say they had Captain Falcon at that Best Buy too, but I didn't pay that much attention. In any case, good luck.

Oh Ive been to that best buy before..usually when I take the Bus from The Grove I go to either the West Hollywood Best Buy or the Westfield Culver City one since it only requires one bus..the one in West Hollywood had nothing I was already there but will see about going to the Culver City one, would be easier if they put these things online

Blizzard

Banned
Ouch, I just discovered today that the Gamestop retro 3-pack came out back in September.

I had preordered it by physically walking into a store and paying ahead of time, yet I didn't receive any text or call that they came in. I guess I have to go to the store and see if my money vanished down a hole or if my preorder is still there like a month later.

KingBroly

Banned
Ouch, I just discovered today that the Gamestop retro 3-pack came out back in September.

I had preordered it by physically walking into a store and paying ahead of time, yet I didn't receive any text or call that they came in. I guess I have to go to the store and see if my money vanished down a hole or if my preorder is still there like a month later.

It's probably on the shelf...along with 10-15 others, lol

Yeah, I never got a call or anything either, though I still picked it up at launch. I wouldn't worry though, odds are they'll still have it in stock, and even if they're out your money would still be logged in the system, so it wouldn't just be lost.

When I picked mine up on launch there was at least 15-20 in the store. The one GameStop I walk by before work has had a few in stock all this week. I think you'll be ok.

Seeing some of the restock amounts is making me want to back out to TRU and BB, but I'm making myself hold back. It's hard, but I need to. My collection went from 4 to 22 in a month and that's not counting the Yarn Yoshi coming out.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

My sister picked up her preorder just yesterday.

akileese

Lewisville,tx toys r us has a ton of greninja. At least ten. Also a few olimar. They had one shulk but I picked it up for a friend. This tru is off I35E

Radnom

The Game & Watch Amiibo is pretty cool. I thought it was going to be the weakest, but they spiced it up by including a bunch of exchangeable poses in the case. ROB looks fantastic too, as does Duck Hunt Dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom