• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGITΩ;181015948 said:
Only means that they received their truck but didn't accept it in their system yet. Since when i looked it up, it only showed in transit. But in most stores we put out what we have when we get it, but we dont tell the system that we received it till the following day.

Wait, I'm confused again, should I still try my luck and goto Best Buy tonight or not and just go tomorrow?

If I have no other means of getting the few that I need then do you have another suggestion?
Do what your conscience tells you to do. Mine says buying multiple for the purpose of trading is basically the equivalent of scalping and raises the aftermarket price for those who cannot buy just one version of an amiibo they are looking for. That's why I think they are basically scalping. If you don't or if you have no qualms about contributing to the scalpers market and raising the prices for people trying to do it honestly then go ahead and do what you want to do.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
In some freak accident, my partner decided to buy me some clear stands as part of my birthday present while my housemates bought me a cabinet without either party collaborating on what to get me.

Best birthday ever.

4fe7c611-a28e-4dd2-ade2-5f3dabb3fd45_zpsdcvlhkbm.jpg

ed5eab90-3c1d-43fd-8e8f-1d425601f50c_zpszbgiz6dz.jpg

3cfbd7fe-b302-45c3-afd0-4128db8f9348_zpsncdvxieg.jpg

1452faf8-3ddd-4682-8604-c334a993842b_zpsqfkxadbd.jpg

d5d0f866-c806-42d6-bb59-db6bbb89f972_zpsqqxbuxtg.jpg

I really like your setup! Only suggestion I can make is some overhead lighting, but I really dig those clear stands!

Do what your conscience tells you to do. Mine says buying multiple for the purpose of trading is basically the equivalent of scalping and raises the aftermarket price for those who cannot buy just one version of an amiibo they are looking for. That's why I think they are basically scalping. If you don't or if you have no qualms about contributing to the scalpers market and raising the prices for people trying to do it honestly then go ahead and do what you want to do.

Imagine what would happen if Nintendo actually produced enough? Do you have some you're looking for?

JavyOO7

I started the amiibo game late. Have them all except for Fox. Had to import most of them from amazon.co.jp, send it to Tenso, and have Tenso send it to me. Nintendo either did not ship enough to USA or the demand here is too stronk. Either way, no regrets. I remember trying to get a Diddy Kong last year for Christmas and driving back and forth in Miami going by TRUs, Targets, BB's and etc and having no luck. I quit the game for a while until Palutena and Dark Pitt come out, got a few commons every now and then... and then the rest of the rares I got them at amazon Japan.

I just know that the AC amiibo figures will have the same fate since AC is pretty populate here in USA, and although not as popular as in Japan, I'm sure either Nintendo will ship plenty and still get sold out or Nintendo won't ship enough and it will still sell out... so I'll just import from Japan. MSRP and USA/Japan conversion rate helps plenty. =p

I'm so elated to hear everyone getting these amiibo! It's still so surreal that Nintendo has made these available. To think a complete Smash series is actually viable for so many people now is incredible. It's been a long time coming, friends. A hell of a ride to have been through with you. A salute to the future of plentiful figures!

So should ibuy doubles of little mac, dark Pit and Shulk?

If you plan to give them to someone, make custom jobs or repurpose the NFC chips, sure. For trade bait, it really depends on what you're looking for. The restocks hitting the aisles now will have a rather low trade value. It might still help some (ie people looking for Bowser Jr. who don't have a TRU nearby) but not many.

Sorry you feel that way. I felt the need to trade back in February through August. I was able to obtain Lucario, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Shulk and Ike through trades. The concept of amiibo cards acting as stand-in replacements for these figures was unacceptable to me and I never expected to make more of these characters available. I sent Robin, Lucina, Jigglypuff, Greninja and Rosalina away to people here who were unable to find those figures in their area. Trades were MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL. However at this point I somewhat agree, trading seems to be mostly unnecessary. But it's not on scalping levels. Cost + shipping is basically what you'd pay on wesites like TRU and Target (and kind of Best Buy). There's no real reseller profit involved anymore.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just pre-ordered Chibi-Robo bundle, Yoshi bundle, and AC Festival bundle at Gamestop, cancelling my originals. Sounds like Chibi will be getting a decent stock in stores, and even after getting the shipment in, they still had some extras available for pre-order.

But.... where are my pink/blue Yoshis??

Just pre-ordered Chibi-Robo bundle, Yoshi bundle, and AC Festival bundle at Gamestop, cancelling my originals. Sounds like Chibi will be getting a decent stock in stores, and even after getting the shipment in, they still had some extras available for pre-order.

But.... where are my pink/blue Yoshis??

I got lucky with pink/blue Yoshi preorders at Walmart for $13 each. But I'm upset that Best Buy won't allow anyone to change their Yoshi's Woolly World preorders to the amiibo bundle SKU and still qualify for the 30th anniversary Mario pins people got for free at E3. Win some, lose some.

October is going to be particularly expensive for me so I'm going to try to put off Chibi Robo. Especially with the Hyrule edition new 3DSXL.

free the following to kill the last of the scalpers

Ike
Robin
Lucina
Villager

i bought extras in the past , i remember my extra meta knight got me turtles in time, the amiibo craze was nuts

memories

Anyone remember the good old days of people going, "eh i will just pick up wii fit trainer when she is on sale" because know one wanted her, good times.

Anyone remember the good old days of people going, "eh i will just pick up wii fit trainer when she is on sale" because know one wanted her, good times.

I have an email from a canceled order on Amazon before the launch

The order was villager , wii fit trainer and Marth
smh at me
I bet you could have traded those 3 for earthbound
D:

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I have to admit, I figured Amiibos would do well, but they exceeded my expectations! Even I too, though WFT would have fewer printed, but that some would still be arouns. I underestimated the demand for her...

So glad I went opening morning and got all of wave 1 at TRU for buy 3 for $30. Great deal, and got them all. I was surprised I was the only one who went for the Amiibo. Everyone else just went for Smash and Pokemon!

NateDrake

free the following to kill the last of the scalpers

Ike
Robin
Lucina
Villager

i bought extras in the past , i remember my extra meta knight got me turtles in time, the amiibo craze was nuts

memories

I want a Villager just to have the trinity - WiiFit Trainer, Marth, and Villager. My next amiibo will be the Roy amiibo so my Fire Emblem line can remain complete.

I had Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in my hands. I thought, remember all those Gaf comments about clearing out Wii Fit Trainers by Spring because no one would want her.

I left her, my 2nd main in Smash.

I regret it.

Though looks at how Skylanders degrades heavily (I've bought ever starter park on 3DS and Wii U New in the last three months for an average of $9 each and over two dozen figures New for an average of $2.

Aww yeah, GAF. Scored a Shulk, Lucario and Marth. They also had a bunch of Little Macs and Captain Falcons at my store but I already had Mac and dont care about Falcon. Did I fuck up by not getting Falcon? What's the rarity scale on these things? Also, no Greninjas until tomorrow. Sucks, yo. Would have preferred to get that one over Lucario.

I had Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in my hands. I thought, remember all those Gaf comments about clearing out Wii Fit Trainers by Spring because no one would want her.

I left her, my 2nd main in Smash.

I regret it.

Though looks at how Skylanders degrades heavily (I've bought ever starter park on 3DS and Wii U New in the last three months for an average of $9 each and over two dozen figures New for an average of $2.

its oki had mario and link pre-ordered at gamestop so the week after they came out that friday after i got paid i went to get more amiibo saw the entire wave 1 of store shelves and i decided to get everyone but WFT and Marth thinking i will get them the following week when i get my bonus check boy was that a dumb ass idea. Thankfully i managed to get marth during the gamestop restock for code name steam and WFT during its restock also so it worked out in the end but i still regret it to this day.

Aww yeah, GAF. Scored a Shulk, Lucario and Marth. They also had a bunch of Little Macs and Captain Falcons at my store but I already had Mac and dont care about Falcon. Did I fuck up by not getting Falcon? What's the rarity scale on these things? Also, no Greninjas until tomorrow. Sucks, yo. Would have preferred to get that one over Lucario.

Go back and get captain falcon you will regret it later trust me....

TheGrue

Why no notification in Line that Amiibo Festival is up for preorder on Amazon?

Seems like I've checked in the past and it was not up. Anyway, I grabbed one.

Boogiepop

So what is everybody using for card storage, BTW? I have the European thing specifically meant for that on preorder, but it's a bit pricey so I'm not 100% that I'll keep the preorder... Did that US freebie thing that was mentioned before end up being particularly common or rare?

bumpkin

I'm not sure if this is old information, but the Woolly World amiibo bundle is currently up for pre-order on the best buy website.

Edit: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yoshis-...ii-u/4349800.p?id=1219735414065&skuId=4349800
It went up a week or two ago, though I'm not sure if it came down and went back up at any point. I got my preorder in the moment I got the news. 'Dat GCU discount!

I hit my local BBY last night and was able to snag a Splatoon 3-pack. This of course means I now have an extra loose (unboxed) Inkling Girl. Anyone want her? Looking for $10 plus shipping (within the US).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It went up a week or two ago, though I'm not sure if it came down and went back up at any point. I got my preorder in the moment I got the news. 'Dat GCU discount!

I hit my local BBY last night and was able to snag a Splatoon 3-pack. This of course means I now have an extra loose (unboxed) Inkling Girl. Anyone want her? Looking for $10 plus shipping (within the US).

The GCU discount basically granted me a free amiibo yesterday (when buying five together). I can't praise it enough!

Speaking of Best Buy, they just shipped my Chibi Robo bundle! A Chibi Robo amiibo even existing is still blowing my mind!

Success, Houston's Best Buy on Gulfgate (233) don't have the restocks on shelves, you have to ask for them in the front. Scored Marth and Dark Pit.

KingBroly

Banned
I guess people missed my last page post, which is that Bowser Jr. has a placeholder on TRU's site.

It's not up yet, but it bodes well for the Mii Fighter 3-pack.

Drago

Yep got an email from Best Buy this morning that my Chibi Robo bundle would be ready for pick up tomorrow, so that's nice!

Still don't understand why Amazon couldn't do release day shipping on it (apparently it's Nintendos fault though), but whatever.

Nori Chan

Holy shit there's like 10s of Marths, shills, lucarios, little Mac, and greninja at a Best Buy in Cerritos, ca near the 91 entrance. So cal gaf get at it!

emb

Guess I'll try my BB again. I went earlier this week, and nothing. That BB has almost never had a good amiibo section.

Has anyone picked up the Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylander amiibo? I really want them, but there doesn't seem to be a cheap way to get them at the moment.

Are the green yarn yoshi's only available in the bundle? BB Wouldn't let me change my preorder and keep the Mario Pin Set bonus so I'm hoping they will be sold separately too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone picked up the Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylander amiibo? I really want them, but there doesn't seem to be a cheap way to get them at the moment.

I'm just going to sit and until they become available separately. If not? I'm not worried, but screw buying several starter kits to get them!

My biggest fears with Amiibo is:

A. They either restock with the same figure in a cheaper series 2 pose like Skylanders (This is why I bought the Smash Mario figures when the new Mario series came out).

B. They don't think there's enough demand for new manufacturing (niche series) and just release an Amiibo card of the character instead.

It's Nintendo and even more, conservative Nintendo, so you have no idea when they'll pull A or B.

I have a justifiable fear that the latest restock will be the last for some figures if they stay on shelves for too long.

Still plenty of Rares/Unicorns out there nowadays

- Villager
- Pit
- Rosalina
- Lucina
- Robin
- Ike
- Samus
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- Palutena
- Wario

Samus is debatable but Kirby rare? I mean he's the only common I never got but he was around for a while and is a Nintendo mainstay. He'll get restock as he also sells very well in Japan

I mean Toon Link and Sheik are also oos at the moment.

Edit:

I'm just going to sit and until they become available separately. If not? I'm not worried, but screw buying several starter kits to get them!

Here's the thing Skylanders always manufactures a ton of Starter Kits.

I have bought every starter kit for both console and 3DS (including last years) for roughly $10 new from retailers in the last three months.

It would be one thing if this was a special version of the starter kit for 3DS and Wii/U and there was also a standard one. This is the only starter pack available. They'll produce plenty.

Also on the secondary market starter figures are dirt cheap. I highly doubt they sell them separately as they could cause serious confusion by only working on Nintendo stuff and they move expensive Starter Kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom