• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Kid

I honestly don't think the Mii fighters are going to be hard to find. Mega Yoshi on the other hand, I'm glad I imported.

He is still up at Amazon.de if you guys want to skip the TRU hassle. It's only $60 shipped. ><

I honestly don't think the Mii fighters are going to be hard to find. Mega Yoshi on the other hand, I'm glad I imported.

He is still up at Amazon.de if you guys want to skip the TRU hassle. It's only $60 shipped. ><

Person I know at my local TRU showed me the boxes of Mii Fighters they have. I'm more surprised that they have that shit this early.

Skrams

I'm out on Mega Yarn Yoshi. I'm fine with 3 lil Yarn Yoshis, but I don't think I can justify a $40 plushy amiibo to myself. Now if TRU loses exclusivity and I can GCU it then maybe. I'll for some reason bite on Mii Fighters probably though. And villager.

Anyone else not looking forward to scanning in all there amiibo into yoshi WW this friday :(

Hopefully it's somewhat fast. Mario Maker wasn't too bad. Chibi Robo was a pain since it told you that you got a new capsule pose unlocked each time.

NoA was doing good lately too, i suppose they want to try the artificial scarcity scheme again?

How so exclusives have been great since wave 4 plenty of stock to go around and restocks have been great. What amiibo do you think there gonna short print to create hype?

Thoraxes

Guess i'm giving TRU $90 in November.

Really need that Mii Fighter pack at the very least (for the full smash series ofc), but it would also be really nice to have a Villager to open and that sweet Mega Yarn Yoshi.

Gameboy415

Thanks for the heads up!! :D
I've been waiting for the Amazon.fr listing to go live but this saves me the trouble. :)

If villager is like the last few toys r us exclusives we should be good

They had like 50+ bowser jrs left over after everyone got theirs at launch , and another toys r us had 70 total

Super mega deluxe ultra giga yoshi might be more limited though , since it's so huge and costs $40

prateeko

I think most Amiibo will be (relatively speaking) accessible in the US going forward. There may be initial shortages but Nintendo seems to have the supply chain issues (from production to port strike) sorted out. Sure Mega Yoshi may be a little less common but I don't think the need to camp out at midnight will be necessary anymore.

KingBroly

Banned
Toys R Us revealed that yes, the Villager restock is exclusive to them, in-store only, on 11/8, one week after the Mii Fighters show up

Have the recent supply of retailer exclusive amiibos been plentiful recently, I still see a Dr. Mario or 2 at my Target?

Or is it just the fact that retail exclusivity is a big no no like the Villager restocks and Mega Yarn Yoshi at Toys 'R Us?

Samaritan

Have the recent supply of retailer exclusive amiibos been plentiful recently, I still see a Dr. Mario or 2 at my Target?

Or is it just the fact that retail exclusivity is a big no no like the Villager restocks and Mega Yarn Yoshi at Toys 'R Us?

Can only speak for my area, which is on the medium-sized for the US, but my local Best Buys had enough Dark Pits to last a day and a half. Considering that Falco is less obscure than Dark Pit is, I wouldn't be too worried so long as you can get to your store the day of its release.

Boogiepop

Wonder if Falco's going to do the weird thing where he's only up for in-store preorder at first and then pops up for normal online preorder, ala the Yarn Yoshi Bundle?

Also, guess I'm definitely not waiting for the blue and pink to pop up on Best Buy anymore, as those apparently just shipped from Target.

georly

Toys R Us revealed that yes, the Villager restock is exclusive to them, in-store only, on 11/8, one week after the Mii Fighters show up

So I have to go to TRU twice? Sigh. At least restock the world of nintendo toys, too, so my trip isn't for ONE amiibo.

shandy706

Been a long time since I dropped by. Grabbed these 4 over the last couple/few months.

photo1x7roz.jpg

I really want the Yarn Yoshis, but haven't made a run at them yet.

Isotope

I was just able to pre-order Falco for in-store pickup, so I guess you're good to go if you want Falco.

Glad I was able to get him; I'm officially done with the OG Smash 4 peeps (Now I gotta worry about getting Lucas, Ryu, Roy, and whoever else they release as DLC @_@).

Boogiepop

Got Falco. Still would like to upgrade to shipping instead since I'm not super trusting of in store employees (plus it saves me a trip), but still... This is good.

Ridley327

Got Falco! Really glad he's in store only. Tired of shipping shenanigans. Hopefully Mewtwo will show up soon as well.

There hasn't been any indication of him going exclusive, has there? It really wouldn't surprise me for the rest of the DLC characters, but Mewtwo has always been one of the top 5 most popular Pokémon.

At least there's no way for him to go to Toys R Us!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
*whew* Got my order in too!

Does anyone know if BBuy still puts those huge stickers on their pick up in store items? I had it once but I remember it being easy to peel off, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom