• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They already did a couple months ago in some Gamestops, I remember.
Yup, they even did it online, which is how I got mine. It was a month ago on Sept. 10th, then the following day when I went to go pick up Super Mario Maker, I saw 2 of them behind the counter.

I forgot to post my findings when I went out Friday and now that I have a brief minute to check GAF, I'd just like to say that I went to a TRU and Best Buy that day and came home with a Marth and Dark Pit from BB! TRU didn't have anything new but said to check back during the start of next week. Can't complain though since I finally have a Marth!

HardRojo

He's officially available here in Peru as a stand-alone release. Now I need to wait for the Little Mac and Shulk restocks to arrive. And yeah, this is the US version of Modern Mario.
cGRsyo0.jpg

Aeon07

Neo Member
Finally Marth is mine. I had regretted not buying him when I had spotted him at Target before the amiibo craze started.

I found him and Lucario at Best Buy. They also had some Dark Pit and Greninja and one Olimar.

Josh5890

So how hard are we thinking that the separate Yarn Yoshi's are going to be to grab on Friday? my gf might break up with me if I fail to come through.

Blizzard

Banned
It's probably on the shelf...along with 10-15 others, lol
I went in today and they just gave me one from the wall so yeah, it worked out.

As a side note, the quality on all 3 is pretty great. R.O.B. has clean details, Mr. Game & Watch has the cool different poses, and Duck Hunt looks cleanly painted and adorable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably super late but when did Shulk stop being a GameStop exclusive? Found of ton of him at Best Buy yesterday.
About last week-ish? Him, Lucario, & Greninja are no longer exclusives, possibly due to TRU & GS getting the 3-packs & rumor has it stores are only allowed 4 at a time.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Game & Watch Amiibo is pretty cool. I thought it was going to be the weakest, but they spiced it up by including a bunch of exchangeable poses in the case. ROB looks fantastic too, as does Duck Hunt Dog.
G&W is awesome. I just wish I had 3 more bases to display the other poses. :(

Thoraxes

About last week-ish? Him, Lucario, & Greninja are no longer exclusives, possibly due to TRU & GS getting the 3-packs & rumor has it stores are only allowed 4 at a time.

Besides the 4 at a time thing, I wonder if maybe it's just a certain month timed exclusive deal too.

I'd love to get my hands on a US Metaknight.

Velcro Fly

Good thing I'm passing on Mega Yarn Yoshi and already have Villager and the Miis

TRU is honestly the worst for me for exclusives. The nearest one is far away and their online preordering I've gotten lucky with Greninja and Lucario.

AdanVC

The bullshit of amiibo and retail exclusives continues? NoA, you never fail to dissapoint. Keep up the good work of doing whatever the hell you want instead of what the customers ask.

KingBroly

Banned
If Lucina or Palutena are Target exclusive, please let it be online to purchase also.

Palutena is Amazon exclusive

I'm going to guess Target gets Pit as a restock exclusive while Gamestop gets Dedede

EDIT:
Well...going by today's unfortunate news
Toys R Us: Mii Fighters, Bowser Jr, Villager, Mega Yarn Yoshi
Gamestop: Ness, Retro 3-pack
Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario
Best Buy: Dark Pit, Meta Knight
Walmart: Gold Mario, Modern Mario
Amazon: Palutena

MIA: Pit, Dedede, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Wario(?) and Mega Man(?)

Palutena is Amazon exclusive

I'm going to guess Target gets Pit as a restock exclusive while Gamestop gets Dedede

Well Shulk was Gamestop exclusive, and he got restocked at Best Buy last week. I meant to say if Lucina or Palutena's restocks are retailer exclusive to another store, then I'll be pissed off, should have worded my other post better.

I'm going to guess Target's going to get the next restock, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Sheik, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, and Lucina for their selections.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you freakin' serious? Villager AND Mega Yarn Yoshi are TRU exclusives?!?!

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE AN AMIIBO THAT WAS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE ORIGINALLY AN EXCLUSIVE NOW

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
*sighhhhh* I'm surprised they made Mega Yoshi an exclusive. With an item that big, I fear for how many stores will actually be getting in :/ Also he gets released on a Sunday? Ok. At least time to sleep in... or not this time?

Friggan heck...

Stopped in Best Buy for a look...couldn't believe my eyes. Mac, Fox, Falcon, Greninja, Lucario, Marth, and a ton of Wave 5 left.

I have GCU now which brought it down to $10 a figure...so I walked out with 5 of them. I wasn't even planning to get Lucario or Greninja ever, but now or never. I'm going to need a 4th shelf.

I'm also learning that buying one from a series turns into a gateway drug for others. I didn't really plan on getting the LoZ ones, till I bought a used Link....who would make a cute pair with Zelda....who wouldn't be complete without Gannondorf....and what the heck lets just complete the set with Shiek. Wasn't eyeing Falco, but now I have a Fox so screw it. Now I'm contemplating completing the Pokemon set...

Joei

Friggan heck...

Stopped in Best Buy for a look...couldn't believe my eyes. Mac, Fox, Falcon, Greninja, Lucario, Marth, and a ton of Wave 5 left.

I have GCU now which brought it down to $10 a figure...so I walked out with 5 of them. I wasn't even planning to get Lucario or Greninja ever, but now or never. I'm going to need a 4th shelf.

I'm also learning that buying one from a series turns into a gateway drug for others. I didn't really plan on getting the LoZ ones, till I bought a used Link....who would make a cute pair with Zelda....who wouldn't be complete without Gannondorf....and what the heck lets just complete the set with Shiek. Wasn't eyeing Falco, but now I have a Fox so screw it. Now I'm contemplating completing the Pokemon set...

Nice, the scalper market is essentially done from what it looks like. Although I haven't checked eBay prices for a while, I can't imagine they sell for much given such wide availability.

And I totally hear ya with 'you can't buy just one.' Link turned into Zelda... turned in Sheik, and well I have to get Toon Link now... and ended with Ganon. (Thankfully the Metroid based ones are just 2 figures). I bought Toad for Captain Toad and soooo many times that almost turned into buying the rest of the SM line just to have the set. Thank god there's not more Mega Man based Amiibo cause my office would be full of the whole set.

Does anybody know anything about the Best Buy return ban for returning too many things? Supposedly they ban you for 90 days from making a return.

The reason is when I went on restock day the first Best Buy I went didn't put their Amiibos out so I couldn't pick the best one. Instead to be safe I just got one of each, (Shulk, Little Mac, Greninja, Marth, Lucario, Charizard, Captain Falcon and Dark Pit).

My local Best Buy though had plenty and all out in the open. So I bought 3 I with leas defects. Then I returned those same 3 I had.

I want to do the same for the rest. Buy 5 ones in good quality and then return the 5 I have. I'm just afraid of this so called return ban.

I'm an Best Buy Elite member who has spent over $1600 this year at Best Buy. This entitles me to 30 day returns and free shipping with no minimum. The only other returns I've done this year are a 2.40 Skylander, a $40 Gamepad case, and an equal exchange of Splatoon triple pack for another one.

I would feel uncomfortable asking to exchange my Amiibo and having to explain the minor paint imperfections bothering me.

So my question is, would returning 7 more Amiibos cause me to get a return ban for making too many returns?

So glad these restocks are getting big.

Hoping the Villager one knocks that from unicorn status too.

Wouldn't it technically make him even MORE rare, since the Villager they're doing restocks with is different? So while it might make Villager in general more available, the "original" version will be even more highly sought after?

Does anybody know anything about the Best Buy return ban for returning too many things? Supposedly they ban you for 90 days from making a return.

The reason is when I went on restock day the first Best Buy I went didn't put their Amiibos out so I couldn't pick the best one. Instead to be safe I just got one of each, (Shulk, Little Mac, Greninja, Marth, Lucario, Charizard, Captain Falcon and Dark Pit).

My local Best Buy though had plenty and all out in the open. So I bought 3 I with leas defects. Then I returned those same 3 I had.

I want to do the same for the rest. Buy 5 ones in good quality and then return the 5 I have. I'm just afraid of this so called return ban.

I'm an Best Buy Elite member who has spent over $1600 this year at Best Buy. This entitles me to 30 day returns and free shipping with no minimum. The only other returns I've done this year are a 2.40 Skylander, a $40 Gamepad case, and an equal exchange of Splatoon triple pack for another one.

I would feel uncomfortable asking to exchange my Amiibo and having to explain the minor paint imperfections bothering me.

So my question is, would returning 7 more Amiibos cause me to get a return ban for making too many returns?

Theres apparently an equation that takes into account number of returns, price, etc to determine if youll be banned or not.
After some brief searching I think 7 might be...quite a bit.

JavyOO7

Quick google search says some people would return too many things and get banned for 90 days. Tread wisely, maybe.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

It depends. The reasons some store do this, is due to people stealing stuff and then turning around and returning it. I've seen it happen A LOT, and places with looser return policies get hit harder by repeat offenders. It's no surprise that some places like Best Buy (that deal in electronics too - high theft items) would impose this.

Just to shed some background on why some places do this, and why more and more stores like Walmart and Target are having even more strict return policies. Too many bad people ruin it for the rest.

Theres apparently an equation that takes into account number of returns, price, etc to determine if youll be banned or not.
After some brief searching I think 7 might be...quite a bit.

Quick google search says some people would return too many things and get banned for 90 days. Tread wisely, maybe.

It depends. The reasons some store do this, is due to people stealing stuff and then turning around and returning it. I've seen it happen A LOT, and places with looser return policies get hit harder by repeat offenders. It's no surprise that some places like Best Buy (that deal in electronics too - high theft items) would impose this.

Just to shed some background on why some places do this, and why more and more stores like Walmart and Target are having even more strict return policies. Too many bad people ruin it for the rest.

I'm going to have to pick the ones I want and bring to customer service, ask them to hold them for me while I go to a car to pick up my Amiibos and then exchange them aren't I? This sucks.

My Amiibo instincts were to get what I could. I wish I had gone to the second Best Buy first.

I would hope they would see that I'm Elite member who spent over $1500 in a year and realize I'm not trying anything shady. I mean a purchase history like that should mean something shouldn't it?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm going to have to pick the ones I want and bring to customer service, ask them to hold them for me while I go to a car to pick up my Amiibos and then exchange them aren't I? This sucks.

My Amiibo instincts were to get what I could. I wish I had gone to the second Best Buy first.

I would hope they would see that I'm Elite member who spent over $1500 in a year and realize I'm not trying anything shady. I mean a purchase history like that should mean something shouldn't it?

You are just a number to them, not a person. They do not care about you.

You probably should not return anything else for a while unless you absolutely have to.

Yarbskoo

Finally got my hands on a Shulk.
nNqHkam.jpg

Not really feeling the face on this one, but I guess that's true for his in-game faces too.
BnGdm3n.jpg
nLRidpo.jpg
3P3V4hC.jpg
sZC1vHx.jpg
IDSOuPF.jpg
eQXBMQN.jpg

The paint application is pretty sloppy overall. It almost looks like it's dirty. His design is more complex than some of the other amiibo characters, so I guess that's to be expected. The sculpt looks pretty good, aside from the slightly curved Monado.

Boogiepop

Man, TRU got Mega Yarn Yoshi too? Shame that they're getting so much, as they're like the worst one with these things (their price jacks and pretty much not putting stuff up for online preorder).

Man, TRU got Mega Yarn Yoshi too? Shame that they're getting so much, as they're like the worst one with these things (their price jacks and pretty much not putting stuff up for online preorder).

They are really good with having enough stock to cover everyone that shows up for the items though, in my experience.

By the by, do we know anything else about Mega Yarn Yoshi? Price and release date I mean.

To be fair Mega Yarn Yoshi is the one exclusive that makes the most sense. It's a large Plush toy that would be pretty out of place at Best Buy. It also would be problematic to stock due to its large size in Target, Walmart and Gamestop's limited shelf space.

Toys R Us makes sense. Though I will greatly miss the opportunity to get it for $32 with GCU.

Nintendad

Okay so I went through my cards I still need

Geez! I've got a long way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom