• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

I went to TRU at 9:55 AM, because online said they opened at 10 AM. Only 5 minutes early because last few amiibo releases they've still had extras an hour after opening and I only needed the 3 pack.

Turns out they opened at 9 am (holiday hours!) so I was almost a full hour late. Fortunately they still had about 20+ mii 3 packs. Amiibo nightmares are almost over! I'll show up at 8:30 next week for villager to be safe. Still need to get a handful more, but I'm on track to getting 3 complete sets ;_; (1 set sealed, 1 set for myself, 1 set for my Ex's son). I need all the kirby ones (kirby/dedede/metaknight), mainly, and a few other randos.

Kitoro

Does anyone know if the Amiibo Festival game will require Wii Remotes, or if Pro Controllers can be used instead? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Amiibo Festival game will require Wii Remotes, or if Pro Controllers can be used instead? Thanks!

it doesnt require any additional controllers outside of 1 gamepad the game plays by passing it around and having you scan your amiibo to do everything.

Kitoro

it doesnt require any additional controllers outside of 1 gamepad the game plays by passing it around and having you scan your amiibo to do everything.

Wow, that sounds horrid. They have to scan their Amiibo every turn? Why would that be a thing? Also, is there actually no real gameplay aside from rolling dice, moving to a new space, and watching/reading a journal entry until the end?

Bladelaw

Well my Amiibo hunt is finally over. I got Marth. The only character I actually wanted from day one.

My final collection:
30th Anniversary Pixel Mario
Silver Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Green Yarn Yoshi
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Samus
Ness
Kirby
Sonic
Mega Man

If Square ever gets in the Amiibo business I'll be fucked.

Wow, that sounds horrid. They have to scan their Amiibo every turn? Why would that be a thing? Also, is there actually no real gameplay aside from rolling dice, moving to a new space, and watching/reading a journal entry until the end?

yes you scan the amiibo every turn to move and roll the dice there is so far 3 confirmed modes for the game the standard board game that we have seen it every trailer, then there is Desert Island escape that uses the cards instead of the figures, and the last one is quiz show here is videos of the other 2 modes.

Quiz Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUuVZYnaHA

Desert Island Escape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7amPDl5jeo

I've been way out of the amiibo game, but yesterday I saw a bunch of Fox's and a Shulk at best buy... Is Shulk no longer gamestop exclusive?

I see a lot of folks on the last few pages are importing Mewtwo. Is he expected to be rare in the US, or something? I haven't read anything about him being exclusive.

Muzy72

Banned
I see a lot of folks on the last few pages are importing Mewtwo. Is he expected to be rare in the US, or something? I haven't read anything about him being exclusive.

Well, the only reason I imported Mewtwo was because he came out w/ Famicom ROB, and it isn't worth importing a single amiibo. Need 2+ to make the shipping cost worth it.

Skrams

I don't think I'm in deep enough that I care about variants like Famicom ROB. He's cool, but eh. I can't even convince myself that a Silver Mario matters.

So I haven't really had to line up yet when it mattered, but if I go to Best Buy on the 13th I should be good probably for Mewtwo and AC amiibo right? I assume I should call the day beforehand just to make sure they'll have stock the next day? I feel like there's enough amiibo launching on that day to convince me to drive to a Best Buy and wait out a few hours. It's either that I or probably snag it when Walmart puts it online.

I know I'm in deep in the hole when I'm buying amiibo for a series I haven't played. I just know that if I'm buying Isabelle/Digby, Tom Nook, and Risetti then I might as well go all the way.

TI82

Banned
Well, I guess Nintendo's plan of including Amiibo to boost sales of otherwise unpopular games doesn't always pay off.

Image courtesy of our resident Conor Cena:
3K9EMzH.jpg

Chibi is a really fantastic amiibo design wise but I think they probably just made a ton of copies of the game, no more than what they'd normally have stock wise.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Chibi is so easy to get. He deserves it! His amiibo has an insane amount of functionality, plus it's a mini Chibi for your desk! I'm still holding out hope for a Nendo Chibi figure, but the amiibo it a dream come true.

Also scary avatar

Stay classy TI.

XkfRkQL.gif

ChrisD

I see him sometimes at fred meyer.

Also scary avatar

I check our Gamestop, Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy on a near weekly basis and he never shows. That he's still showing up elsewhere instills confidence of eventual stock here. Just wish it would happen sooner rather than later. :p

The avatar was a drawing someone posted in the Smash 4 thread last October. I laughed so much when I saw it, but most people I showed it to also found it creepy lol.

Robin64

What do other amiibo do in Chibi Robo? I read something about poses, but the official site just says you get ingame coins.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
Looking forward to Chibi Rovo - such a cute figure :)

Also started 3D printing G+W bases - I love all the poses so seemed like a good way to display them - sadly it had filled out NY shelves though haha

Skrams

What do other amiibo do in Chibi Robo? I read something about poses, but the official site just says you get ingame coins.

You scan them, get coins, and also unlock the ability to get a in game figure with chibi robo mimicing a pose from said character.

You scan chibi in the hub and a capsule machine pops up. One of those capsules might be the pose depending on your luck. It's a neat little thing, but that's pretty much all it is.

WVW69ie6AGAvFi-hXy

No interest in the game, but this is a cool implementation. Would be amazing if they could do this for special Mii outfits in some form. Like in Mii Plaza, unlock even more outfits.

Shulk amiibo that would give his outfit/wig and has the monado on the back.

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone elses Blue Yarn Yoshi finally ship from Walmart? I actually didn't expect it to ship ever and assumed it would just be silently canceled at some point. I'm glad they fulfilled it still. $13 Yarn Yoshi is pretty good.

Thanks NoA.

Got the Blue one a day after the Pink. Last week I think.

The_Kid

Don't even know if I want to use this card album from EU. It is so horribly designed.

The hinges are on the actual back page, so that everything bends when you flip through it. 50/50 my cards will be bent using this.

:/

Fox Mulder

I gave up on these and only kept a few, but it's nice to see them in stock now. I picked up fox at best buy last night but they also had shulk, marth, greninja, and lucario.

How it should have been.

Anyone elses Blue Yarn Yoshi finally ship from Walmart? I actually didn't expect it to ship ever and assumed it would just be silently canceled at some point. I'm glad they fulfilled it still. $13 Yarn Yoshi is pretty good.

Mine was hit with the "order delayed" email and I just assumed that it wouldn't ever ship. I actually contacted CS yesterday about it. Today I have a mysterious fedex delivery coming however it doesn't show as shipped on walmart.com - does yours?

Skrams

Mine was hit with the "order delayed" email and I just assumed that it wouldn't ever ship. I actually contacted CS yesterday about it. Today I have a mysterious fedex delivery coming however it doesn't show as shipped on walmart.com - does yours?
Yeah, got the shipping email last night which is why I was presently surprised. It should show up Thursday.

Yeah, got the shipping email last night which is why I was presently surprised. It should show up Thursday.

Bummer. I didn't get anything which I assume means I'm not getting one still :(

EDIT - Wait to clarify did you get a Walmart.com email or just a generic fedex shipping email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom